Cost of living in Phuket

smallchungus

On 12/26/2023 at 10:20 AM, zzzzz said:

FYI: Samui is more expensive

What aspects of Koh Samui are more expensive than Phuket?   According to numbeo.com:

* Rent Prices in Koh Samui are 26.3% lower than in Phuket
* Restaurant Prices in Koh Samui are 20.5% lower than in Phuket
* Groceries Prices in Koh Samui are 4.0% lower than in Phuket

Which as noted before supports a view that Phuket has very expensive rent and restaurant prices compared to most places in Thailand.  According to numbeo, grocery prices are similar between Koh Samui and Phuket.

However numbero.com also notes it does not have enough data to calculate difference in Consumer Prices nor enough data to calculate difference in Local Purchasing Power between Phuket and Koh Samui.

54 minutes ago, oldcpu said:

What aspects of Koh Samui are more expensive than Phuket?   According to numbeo.com:

Which as noted before supports a view that Phuket has very expensive rent and restaurant prices compared to most places in Thailand.  According to numbeo, grocery prices are similar between Koh Samui and Phuket.

However numbero.com also notes it does not have enough data to calculate difference in Consumer Prices nor enough data to calculate difference in Local Purchasing Power between Phuket and Koh Samui.

I finding the price difference a little hard to believe.  Simply because Samui has to fly or ferry everything in, and with less competition for home rentals/purchases, as Phuket is so much larger.

Does get one thing correct ... "does not have enough data to calculate difference".   Would not be surprised if a few business owners didn't supply a bit of 'slanted' info to lure customers to the island/Samui.

:coffee1:

On 12/22/2023 at 6:39 AM, thrilled said:

I spend about a million baht in Thailand annually. Doesn’t make a difference where. That also includes traveling

I would agree that this is a good amount to enable a comfortable existence in Thailand.

20 hours ago, oldcpu said:

I dont go by some website, i go by personal experience and comparing costs on my own

• Like 1