Brutal Pit Bull Attack Shocks Community; Victim Succumbs to Injuries

webfact

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

As with our dog, but anyone comes to the house will bark to alert us unless he recognizes the vehicle and will chase off cats except ours, sits for food and if asked gives her paw to you to hold . Most of the time just sleeps inside the open gate.

Is it a Pit Bull? Just asking out of interest!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

What makes you think that the dog is right in its judgements ?

I quite often walk past restaurants/shops  if there's a growling dog inside and don't go inside because of the dog 

Because my other half thinks exactly the same as the dog and she’s a very street wise Bangkok girl. I’d trust both of them with my life. Stop being so pedantic just to sound smart as who mentioned anything about snarling dogs? As stated in my original post, unless you’re a shady looking person you wouldn’t have a problem!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

"Attacks" maybe but that would be because there are so many more of them than Pit Bulls.  How many people were KILLED by goldens v Pit Bulls which constitute a much smaller percentage of the total dog population. 

See my post above!

Pit Bulls are the BIGGEST killers in the dog world in the USA according to the link I posted above;

Reposted here;

Dog Attack Statistics By Breed In 2023 – Forbes Advisor 

English Proverb:-
"There are none so blind as those who will not see."

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

One para can kill a dog? 

yup.     Do some research and be surprised as I was. Cats are very sensitive. A regular large black feral cat visitor here didnt return. Way over-dosed it with  500mg.  But note:- dogs bodyweight is relative.  Pit Bulls? do the sums and "kill or get killed."

Quote> "

What happens if a dog has 1 paracetamol?  (500mg)
A dose as small as 150mg of paracetamol per kg of body weight is considered lethal in dogs. However, any dose larger than 75mg per kg of body weight is considered toxic to dogs and will likely cause serious illness, including damage to your pooch's liver and kidneys.

IBUBRUFEN?  Can be deadly too. Research it.
Edited by Jing Joe
edit
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Woof999 said:

The only relocation these 2 dogs needs is to a shallow grave.

Agreed.  Im a dog lover but as these dogs have attacked a human they should be put down ASAP.  Their owners should face stiffer penalties as a warning to others.  The owners cant plead ignorance so no mercy.

43 minutes ago, sambum said:

Is it a Pit Bull? Just asking out of interest!

Nah just a funny 'ol mut with a fox like tail, who must always for some reason have something in his mouth, normally a dead leaf, or anything made of plastic, sometimes he brings me toys from the kids up the road :cheesy: one time a Spiderman mask, he is the funniest dog I have ever known, he will run and retrieve anything bring it to you, but will never let go :giggle:, you can pretend to chase him and he'll just run around the trees, will always trot in front of the car if I go out till the end of our small soi. just had his nuts removed, they had to dart him first, no way would he ever go on a lead or get up in a car. Would post a pic but his off with his mate up the road playing. 

Edited by brianthainess
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

You clearly know nothing about the breed then! 

When dog fights were still legal they used to let them fight in pits, hence the name pit bull. In with them in the pit used to be at least one referee who had to touch and sometimes lift one of the dogs to see which one had the upper hand. Any dog that attacked a referee received an immediate lifetime ban. Since they weren't allowed to fight and therefore couldn't make the owner money anymore, those dogs were usually shot and most definitely not used to breed. And that's precisely why these breeds, if you buy them from a responsible breeder, are usually extremely good with people and kids. Take the Staffordshire Terrier for example. That breed has consistently been amongst the most favorite family pet dog breeds in the UK for literally decades because this breed was usually kept by working class families, who needed a dog that would eradicate rats and watch the kids. 

If one of these breeds attacks people then it is ALWAYS the fault of the keeper because they didn't socialize and raise the dog properly! 

BIG BS!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

My friend paid 20,000. Look, I am not making this up. 

Sure, and then he was a special case that needed a specific kind of medicin. For normal people it is the price a quoted. Or, there is a possibility that your friend was stupid enough to just pay and be a happy foreigner.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, BestB said:

Why on earth did I get pitbulls ? For the same reason why you most likely got a Pomeranian ? 😂

neighbors  are  scared because of idiotic publicity and idiots as in the case of this thread who assume every pitbull is a killer and will kill, in the mean time there are just as many if not more dog attacks by other breeds. As I said before , problem with pitbul is that it is a very powerful dog so  a pitbul attack almost always turns nasty , it is not because some aggression or myth of jaw locking but simply because it’s a powerful dog 

Most likely a Pomeranian?? are you trying to prove your a hard man again, coz you got pitbulls,  I didn't chose my dog he chose me, just turned up after my last dog sadly  died,  looks more like a fox/ridgeback. I don't need a status cymbal aggressive dog, that likes killing any moving thing. 

I can defend myself with any intruders unlike you it seems.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Actual, real world experience in multiple countries has shown that culling does not work.

As the World Animal Protection organisation says on their website:

Stray dog population management

It's also ineffective against rabies. The Global Alliance for Rabies Control states unequivocally as follows, "mass dog culling is not an effective method for rabies control."

It can even be counter-productive. As the paper below states:

GARC position paper on culling

Then get the World Animal Protection organisation to take in and take care at their own expense every single stray dog world wide at their own expense to feed, look after and care for every stray dog.

What will they do, for example, with the hundreds or thousands of tons of dog <deleted> every day, without spoiling the land and water supplies around them?

• Like 1

I saw this on the BBC News website this morning.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-67787667

People in Scotland are taking in XL Bully dogs as England prepares to bring in tougher new restrictions on the breed.

From 31 December, it will be against the law to sell, abandon, breed from or give away an American XL Bully, or have one in public without a lead or muzzle.

Owners who want to keep their dogs must apply to an exemption scheme or have their dog euthanised.

The ban in England and Wales follows a number of attacks involving the breed, although owners insist the dogs, despite their appearance, make lovable pets.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nickmondo said:

If you live in that area, you need to go there and throw meat balls with rat poison into the owners garden.

either that or shoot the bastards

because nothing is going to happen other wise.

Better take that invisibility cap along.

2 hours ago, Trip Hop said:

Because my other half thinks exactly the same as the dog and she’s a very street wise Bangkok girl. I’d trust both of them with my life. Stop being so pedantic just to sound smart as who mentioned anything about snarling dogs? As stated in my original post, unless you’re a shady looking person you wouldn’t have a problem!

Its just that sometimes I get dogs growling , barking and harassing me and all I want to do is to buy something from a shop

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Jing Joe said:

What happens if a dog has 1 paracetamol?  (500mg)

A dose as small as 150mg of paracetamol per kg of body weight is considered lethal in dogs. However, any dose larger than 75mg per kg of body weight is considered toxic to dogs and will likely cause serious illness, including damage to your pooch's liver and kidneys.

IBUBRUFEN?  Can be deadly too. Research it.

So if someone give my 50kg GSD 7,500mg of Paracetamol he will die?! <deleted>... I think I would too... that's 15 500mg pills