Brutal Pit Bull Attack Shocks Community; Victim Succumbs to Injuries

webfact

All these people blaming the breed, wanting them killed. Its not a breed issue, its a poor upbringing and taught animal from the owner. The owner is the only issue here. Teach any strong animal to be aggressive & they can kill. Same as kids growing up wrong & end up doing wrong. 

• Sad 3
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:

From me they will get menu: Strichine with chicken, I'm sure the dog like it.

Paracetemol is easier to obtain. Crush one tablet then mix into a small can of very plain unsalted tuna or dog food and tip into a small dish, or push small bits into chicken pieces. It sure works. Dogs cats etc.   Push 1/2 a tablet into a dead mouse for snakes.

Edited by Jing Joe
edit
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, BestB said:

i have 2 pitbulls, big loving teddy bears but they hate badly dressed men, rubbish collectors and anyone else who looks “dirty”

We have a 3 legged Thai Ridgeback that is soppy as anything but is exactly the same.  If anyone pulls up at our restaurant in a car or on a motorbike, he greets them with his tail wagging and a big smile.  Anyone shady looking walks by and he shows them his teeth, just so they know the score if they should come around visiting one night.  It's strange how they know who most probably won't be trouble and who possibly might?

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, phetpeter said:

What is the point of having a dog that has to be caged up? Our dog has access to the street every day, Helped a few neighbours out when a snake comes unwelcomed. she is friends with all the neighbours, even the strays go another way. but she has barked at a few, but, never has bitten or attacked anyone, my wife has made her understand right and wrong. never been on a lead, she is a dog welcomed by all. But a dog that has to be caged isn't a pet. pointless.

I said similar on another thread many moons ago, only to be slagged off as being irresponsible for letting my dog (ex-soi dog) which was poisoned along with many others, wander the soi where he was liked by all.  

I agree that, in this case, the dogs should have been humanely put down for the safety of others, regardless of ownership. 

• Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I suggest putting this foul, ugly, nasty, vicious beast down within the next 24 hours. And as for the soi dogs, the real solution is massive, nationwide culling. These are mangy creatures, leading desperate lives. Show some nerve and compassion and take them out of the misery. Clean up the streets! People get so sensitive about soi dogs, yet they do not hesitate to encourage the killing of pigs, cows and other animals for their own enjoyment and consumption. Isn't there a bit of hypocrisy there? If you eat animals, you are responsible for their slaughter. At least one can make an argument that the animals they eat serve a function. That argument cannot be made about the mangy, diseased, pestilent, sad, forlorn, abandoned soi dogs. They lead lives of desperation.

If you must, carry pepper spray, or a can of insect spray. Nearly all creatures hate insect spray, as they cannot handle the smell. A long strong bamboo staff also helps. If nothing else works, culling is a good practice. I have done it a few times. I do not want a lecture about animal cruelty. . Most soi dogs are a nuisance. Most are mangy, some are disease ridden, many are hungry, tired, and lead terrible lives of desperation. Some attack people, some terrorize neighborhoods. Many harass the domestic dogs, and cause them to bark all night long, like in my neighborhood. Nobody wants to do anything about it. Culling is the answer. If they found a budget for it, they could do it Western style. Round up the dogs, clean them up, vaccinate them, and put them up for adoption. The ones who are not adopted after 60 days are simply put down. Nothing cruel about it. Not doing something like this, is both cruel to the dogs and to the neighborhoods they infest. The fact that when bitten, you don't know if the dog has been vaccinated, or not. So, you must get treated at a hospital, anyway. And the cost of treatment is up to 20,000 baht for a series of rabies and other shots. And that assumes it was a light bite and no other injuries occurred. Many of these soi dogs are insane and true desperados. The average dog bite cost alot money. A series of rabies shots, etc. And that is assuming someone was not hurt badly, like a small child. So, we should prioritize the health of mangy, miserable soi dogs over the well being of the human population?

If you love them show some commitment and adopt a few. Otherwise, let's get rid of them. Rabies is an epidemic here. They shut down the economy for covid. They don't shut down the highways due to traffic deaths, and they don't do anything about the soi dog tragedy and dangers. Already in 2018, there have been nearly 500 rabies cases reported, which is a significant increase over the 160 reported last year for the same period. The National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) estimates that Thailand has 10 million stray dogs, with 1 in 10 dogs in Bangkok suspected to be infected with rabies.

https://www.bumrungrad.com/en/health-blog/mar-2018/rabies

Actual, real world experience in multiple countries has shown that culling does not work.

As the World Animal Protection organisation says on their website:

Culling has been found to be largely ineffective in controlling stray dog populations in the long term. It often leads to a temporary reduction in numbers, but the population tends to rebound due to the remaining dogs reproducing and new dogs moving into the area.

Stray dog population management

It's also ineffective against rabies. The Global Alliance for Rabies Control states unequivocally as follows, "mass dog culling is not an effective method for rabies control."

It can even be counter-productive. As the paper below states:

Culling can result in an increase in rabies: Indiscriminate culling of dogs in communities where rabies vaccination programs are operating is likely to remove vaccinated dogs from communities, resulting in lower vaccination coverage and a counter-productive increase in rabies transmission as populations recover

GARC position paper on culling

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

And the cost of treatment is up to 20,000 baht for a series of rabies and other shots.

Get real! Have been bitten 2 times, and gone to the hospital for cleaning and rabies shots. Both times no more than 1500-2000/each.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, phitsanulokjohn said:

Neuter the lot of them worldwide and extinction will soon follow.

Got no time for the people who say"You should see how good our pit bull is with our baby"

Obviously until it decides to be bad that is.I usually blame the owners,but in this case the pit bulls record and disastrous instincts,speak for themselves.

Ok until they eat the baby sadly.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Can be about 15 000 Baht if you need a certain rabies vaccine , some people are allergic to the regular vaccine and need to visit various hospitals for the special vaccine

Yeah, sure it can always be special circumstances. However, that was not said in the post I quoted. So, there we are.