Brutal Pit Bull Attack Shocks Community; Victim Succumbs to Injuries

webfact

Just a word of caution for those contemplating poison and so on.

For one thing, it's a crime. Regardless of what the dog did.

Second, you may easily 'miss' the target, especially if talking about strays.

Had that in our Bangkok street years ago. The dogs weren't even the issue. Just the usual neighbor feud.

Neighbor A was caught on camera tossing the poison near the gate of Neighbor B.

One of neighbor A's dogs managed to eat one and died a horrible death, the rest fell outside the gate so two street dog died as well.

And our landlord's golden got real sick. Police was called, and Mr. B spent a few months in prison, fines too. No one talked to him after that.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

A growing chorus advocating for responsible ownership of such aggressive breeds is resonating throughout the community,

Wait a second. Please tell me that the authorities have removed these two animals and are preparing to put them to down? I know nature is revered in certain cultures, but this is ridiculous. 😳

The report appears to be over a year old which is odd. I lived in Taiwan for 5 years where my neighbour had 2 large male pitbulls. They were a delight. Friendly and funny. In Thailand I have 6 dogs at our place in the country in Rayong. They will only go for you if you invite yourself unannounced through the main gates. I have never ever had a problem with soi dogs in all the time I have been in Thailand, having first arrived in 1961, worked here in the 1980s, and retired here in 1993.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, NorthernRyland said:

Thai people are retarded with dogs. They let them roam around the streets and have to carry around sticks to fend the off.  When someone gets bitten or killed they're shocked. What's wrong with these people...

Thai have a special relationship with dogs, granted, but when it comes to attack dogs I have to say that westerners are the same. In a popular beach like Nai Harn in Phuket, full of families with kids, there are people walking pitbulls and such as some kind of show off. Many owners, if not most, farang.

7 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

The report appears to be over a year old which is odd. I lived in Taiwan for 5 years where my neighbour had 2 large male pitbulls. They were a delight. Friendly and funny. In Thailand I have 6 dogs at our place in the country in Rayong. They will only go for you if you invite yourself unannounced through the main gates. I have never ever had a problem with soi dogs in all the time I have been in Thailand, having first arrived in 1961, worked here in the 1980s, and retired here in 1993.

People who own dogs, people who are comfortable or familiar with handling dogs may be perceived differently by dogs.

Enough that someone is afraid, stressed, aggressive or whatever and the dog might misinterpret the situation.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, ourmanflint said:

Ban anything that looks like a pitbull and euthanise any found, pay owners to have their killer pets put down

My sister-in-law sometimes reminds me of one....got to give this proposal some thought.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ben Zioner said:

Countries should implement total bans on certain breeds. Any Pitt Bull, or other, that is identified within the borders is put down, systematically, ruthlessly. There are enough nice [mostly] peaceful pets around to keep us  company.

Five banned dog breeds in Australia are the American Pit Bull Terrier, Japanese Tosa, Dogo Argentino, Fila Brasileiro, and Perro de Presa Canario. These breeds are banned due to their reputation for aggression and their potential to cause serious harm.

• Thumbs Up 1