Brutal Pit Bull Attack Shocks Community; Victim Succumbs to Injuries

webfact

4 minutes ago, BestB said:

Without a fail any news and a chorus of idiots out blaming the dogs. They are dogs, strong and powerful dogs who were raised by a human.

only one to blame is the owner.

i have 2 pitbulls, big loving teddy bears but they hate badly dressed men, rubbish collectors and anyone else who looks “dirty”

As such I always make sure they can not get to any people, over 10 years and not once they got out 

it is extremely tragic and horrendous to have seen the attack because their power is insane but again, dogs were raised by a human who failed to provide safety for others and have no control over dogs. 

where I live, all neighbors are scared of my dogs but at the same time love them because once I moved in all theft and robberies have stopped.

dogs know all the neighbors but make noise when a stranger comes around. Theft and break ins are  0 for years

Yeah, dog like that need a strong willed, knowledgeable owner. And they take more care (exercise, for example) than your 'regular' dog.

Was never keen on pit bulls, though - can't get what's on their minds sometimes. We did have GSD's, a boxer and a huge mongrel. The current one is just a cutey - fits nicely with our current energy level. Even so, when strangers enter the property - she's always leashed, and we warn people not to just go and pet her or something.

The owner of the dogs is definitely responsible, no matter how they 'escaped'. The dogs....I dunno, maybe they can be put to use guarding some prison or army base.

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

That argument cannot be made about the mangy, diseased, pestilent, sad, forlorn, abandoned soi dogs. They lead lives of desperation.

If  only they would lead lives of QUIET desperation.....

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ben Zioner said:

Countries should implement total bans on certain breeds. Any Pitt Bull, or other, that is identified within the borders is put down, systematically, ruthlessly. There are enough nice [mostly] peaceful pets around to keep us  company.

Enough to make it paid permit thing, including show of proper facilities etc.

That would cut out most owners who can't handle them, and would make them less common.

• Like 1