Brutal Pit Bull Attack Shocks Community; Victim Succumbs to Injuries

webfact

2 hours ago, phetpeter said:

What is the point of having a dog that has to be caged up? Our dog has access to the street every day, Helped a few neighbours out when a snake comes unwelcomed. she is friends with all the neighbours, even the strays go another way. but she has barked at a few, but, never has bitten or attacked anyone, my wife has made her understand right and wrong. never been on a lead, she is a dog welcomed by all. But a dog that has to be caged isn't a pet. pointless.

As with our dog, but anyone comes to the house will bark to alert us unless he recognizes the vehicle and will chase off cats except ours, sits for food and if asked gives her paw to you to hold . Most of the time just sleeps inside the open gate.

Edited by brianthainess
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:

What makes you think that the dog is right in its judgements ?

I quite often walk past restaurants/shops  if there's a growling dog inside and don't go inside because of the dog 

Agree the closest Ma & Pa shop near me that has a dog that barks at me when I go in, now I don't use that shop anymore.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

This and other aggressive breeds of dogs should be banned. Tine for things to change, and the police to go shot off all the killing machines. Owned or not owned, they shall all have a shot i the head.

You clearly know nothing about the breed then! 

When dog fights were still legal they used to let them fight in pits, hence the name pit bull. In with them in the pit used to be at least one referee who had to touch and sometimes lift one of the dogs to see which one had the upper hand. Any dog that attacked a referee received an immediate lifetime ban. Since they weren't allowed to fight and therefore couldn't make the owner money anymore, those dogs were usually shot and most definitely not used to breed. And that's precisely why these breeds, if you buy them from a responsible breeder, are usually extremely good with people and kids. Take the Staffordshire Terrier for example. That breed has consistently been amongst the most favorite family pet dog breeds in the UK for literally decades because this breed was usually kept by working class families, who needed a dog that would eradicate rats and watch the kids. 

If one of these breeds attacks people then it is ALWAYS the fault of the keeper because they didn't socialize and raise the dog properly! 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Jing Joe said:

Paracetemol is easier to obtain. Crush one tablet then mix into a small can of very plain unsalted tuna or dog food and tip into a small dish, or push small bits into chicken pieces. It sure works. Dogs cats etc.   Push 1/2 a tablet into a dead mouse for snakes.

One para can kill a dog? 

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I suggest putting this foul, ugly, nasty, vicious beast down within the next 24 hours. And as for the soi dogs, the real solution is massive, nationwide culling. These are mangy creatures, leading desperate lives. Show some nerve and compassion and take them out of the misery. Clean up the streets! People get so sensitive about soi dogs, yet they do not hesitate to encourage the killing of pigs, cows and other animals for their own enjoyment and consumption. Isn't there a bit of hypocrisy there? If you eat animals, you are responsible for their slaughter. At least one can make an argument that the animals they eat serve a function. That argument cannot be made about the mangy, diseased, pestilent, sad, forlorn, abandoned soi dogs. They lead lives of desperation.

If you must, carry pepper spray, or a can of insect spray. Nearly all creatures hate insect spray, as they cannot handle the smell. A long strong bamboo staff also helps. If nothing else works, culling is a good practice. I have done it a few times. I do not want a lecture about animal cruelty. . Most soi dogs are a nuisance. Most are mangy, some are disease ridden, many are hungry, tired, and lead terrible lives of desperation. Some attack people, some terrorize neighborhoods. Many harass the domestic dogs, and cause them to bark all night long, like in my neighborhood. Nobody wants to do anything about it. Culling is the answer. If they found a budget for it, they could do it Western style. Round up the dogs, clean them up, vaccinate them, and put them up for adoption. The ones who are not adopted after 60 days are simply put down. Nothing cruel about it. Not doing something like this, is both cruel to the dogs and to the neighborhoods they infest. The fact that when bitten, you don't know if the dog has been vaccinated, or not. So, you must get treated at a hospital, anyway. And the cost of treatment is up to 20,000 baht for a series of rabies and other shots. And that assumes it was a light bite and no other injuries occurred. Many of these soi dogs are insane and true desperados. The average dog bite cost alot money. A series of rabies shots, etc. And that is assuming someone was not hurt badly, like a small child. So, we should prioritize the health of mangy, miserable soi dogs over the well being of the human population?

If you love them show some commitment and adopt a few. Otherwise, let's get rid of them. Rabies is an epidemic here. They shut down the economy for covid. They don't shut down the highways due to traffic deaths, and they don't do anything about the soi dog tragedy and dangers. Already in 2018, there have been nearly 500 rabies cases reported, which is a significant increase over the 160 reported last year for the same period. The National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) estimates that Thailand has 10 million stray dogs, with 1 in 10 dogs in Bangkok suspected to be infected with rabies.

https://www.bumrungrad.com/en/health-blog/mar-2018/rabies

10 million strays -that is staggering  WTF

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

Knew you would be along to defend these dogs, as you always do every time they kill or maim someone, why on earth did you get pit bulls. Do they make you feel more of a man. Any old mut will defend your property. All neighbors are scared of your dogs and for good reason, and the reason is ???

Why on earth did I get pitbulls ? For the same reason why you most likely got a Pomeranian ? 😂

neighbors  are  scared because of idiotic publicity and idiots as in the case of this thread who assume every pitbull is a killer and will kill, in the mean time there are just as many if not more dog attacks by other breeds. As I said before , problem with pitbul is that it is a very powerful dog so  a pitbul attack almost always turns nasty , it is not because some aggression or myth of jaw locking but simply because it’s a powerful dog 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Not again!!!? :angry:

"But they make such wonderful family pets" Yeah, right - try telling that to the bereaved families here and in any country where they are not banned! Rottweillers used to be called "Devil Dogs", but I think they have lost that title. In America alone Pit Bulls are responsible for HUNDREDS of deaths. From a report by an Injuries lawyer/attorney in the USA (Sorry, no date available, but even if it's a couple of years old, the facts are frightening):- 

The most recent dog bite statistics by breed that were responsible for a dog bite-related fatality include the following:

• Pit Bulls: 284 deaths
  • Rottweiler: 45 deaths
  • German Shepherd: 20 deaths
  • Mixed breeds: 17 deaths
  • American Bulldog: 15 deaths
  • Mastiff: 14 deaths
  • Siberian Husky: 13 deaths
  • Labrador Retriever: 9 deaths
  • Boxer: 7 deaths
  • Doberman Pinscher: 6 deaths

And how's about this for going from frightening to ridiculous?:-  From AseanNow April 2021:-

image.png.26c50eff9d868a9d54735db935fda736.png

Giant, aged 2, the Pit Bull breed or Ban Dog that savaged its owner to death last week has been taken to his funeral in Pattaya.

He took part in a ceremony called "khor khama" in which he apologized to the corpse. 

Wonderful family pets? I wouldn't live in the same STREET as one of these killing machines, and can see no reason why the whole breed should not be euthanised and wiped off the planet - there are plenty of other "family friendly" dogs to choose from!

Edited by sambum
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Chongalulu said:

The point is a Labrador very rarely kills or does that sort of damage ,an attack by a pit bull often does lead to that tragedy. It only takes one slip of carelessness in securing them for that to happen and frequently those who are mostly attracted to that breed do so for all the wrong reasons. It’s like the difference between having a kitchen knife and an assault weapon. The irresponsibility endemic in so many Thais exacerbates the dangers 

Agree, lab would do less damage , however it does not mean labs or other breeds do not attack. Do some googling and you wll

find in some years golden were at the top of attacks and you have pretty much confirmed what I said , it is not the dog but irresponsible owner 

• Haha 2

Just now, scottiejohn said:

Not true according to this link!

"The breed that commits the most attacks overall is pit bulls.

Pit bulls are involved in more dog attacks than any other breed. In fact, the American Animal Hospital Association reports this breed was responsible for 22.5% of bites across all studies. Mixed breeds were a close second at 21.2% and German Shepherds were the third most dangerous breed, involved in 17.8% of bite incidents."

Dog Attack Statistics By Breed In 2023 – Forbes Advisor

There are many links and I can not be bothered googling, as I said in US at one point golden topped the list 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, proton said:

The old my pitties would not hurt a fly nonsense, statistics don't lie, they are aggressive killers. Top of the list are always pitties and rotties, it's not the owners it’s these weapons on 4 legs.

Statistics ?😂 yes all the millions of pitbulls worldwide are killers 👍

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, austhai said:

All these people blaming the breed, wanting them killed. Its not a breed issue, its a poor upbringing and taught animal from the owner. The owner is the only issue here. Teach any strong animal to be aggressive & they can kill. 

TOTALLY disagree. A dear old lady near me was killed by her next door neighbours "nice" pitbull. She went there to feed it during Christmas holiday period. Dog and lady knew each other.  Too many unprovoked deaths. Time's up for them and should also be for the owners who violate existing banned pit Bull laws in civilized countries.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BestB said:

There are many links and I can not be bothered googling, as I said in US at one point golden topped the list 

You of course posted a link to them committing the greatest number of fatalities!

That figure as I have shown above is held by the Pit Bull!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BenStark said:

Sure it can, but why there aren't frequent stories on this forum about a labrador who killed someone?

I know i see them all the time only about pitbulls

Maybe because it does not get as many clicks but plenty of stories on this forum of soi dog attacks and just as many idiots advocating killing alll

• Confused 1

Just now, scottiejohn said:

You of course posted a link to them committing the greatest number of fatalities!

That figure as I have shown above is held by the Pit Bull!

Again, simple google search ,no selective search but a general search. Posted links before, as I said can not be bothered  doing it again 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, Neeranam said:

They are ugly and they kill and maim people.

How would you feel if I moved next door to you with a well trained tiger?

I am sure you are a goddess gift to a woman in someone’s opinion but far from it in someone else’s . 

I could not care less if you moved next to me with a dragon or an elephant as long as you looked after it and it did not affect my daily life 

• Confused 2