Brutal Pit Bull Attack Shocks Community; Victim Succumbs to Injuries

webfact

4 hours ago, superal said:

Totally agree with your opinions and others similar to yours . You hit the nail on the head when stating                                  "  Buddhist "all life is sacred" mantra, " and for that reason , things will stay the same unless there is Thai government intervention and a new law , to protect people from soi dogs , is invoked . Why do people want to own any aggressive breed of dog ?, to look tough ? and as for the owners who say good owners who train their dogs do not get problems , well they are living in cuckoo land . It is in a dogs D.N.A. to attack / fight , some breeds to a lesser extent . Never the less , what cannot be done is to remove the potential natural ability that the dog can attack and even kill not only strangers but its owner too . As for dog owners who leave their young children with family pet dogs , unsupervised by a responsible adult , they should be reprimanded and banned from keeping dogs . It is bad parenting and neglect .

Anyway , what happened to the Thai dog catcher with his pickup cage rammed with mange soi dogs ?

"Anyway , what happened to the Thai dog catcher with his pickup cage rammed with mange soi dogs ?"

I suspect that the Animal Sanctuary people had a word with the police and the local Buddhist monasteries to remind them of the   "  Buddhist "all life is sacred" mantra, " and questioned what was the final destination for these "lovable, mischievous dogs"!

• Like 1

Just re-read the horrifying header article:- 

"Eyewitnesses detailing the dogs' ruthless aggression towards Mr. Thong's throat", and:- "this incident has instilled fear and unease among residents, given the (two) pit bulls' prior history of attacking and fatally injuring other animals in the neighborhood."   Poor guy never thought he would be in danger. One would never wish this on their worst enemy.

That started this forum, could very well finish it, and just about every post agrees this unstable breed has no place in this world.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Mayhem11 said:

I’m just as appalled by Soi ma as anyone else, but maybe a modicum of humaneness other than poisoning these stray doggies. Please.

Yet another tradgedy :sad: as Tanlic wrote above (N.B. Her dog!) and goes straight to the heart, like the "stray doggies" that owners wont restrain to to their own property, and even then they can't trust them, and  they go straight to the throat. Calling a spade a spade! Owners wouldn't agree to put them down by any means anyay, and seems like even after they've killed.      It's our lives or theirs.

P.S. I love (some) dogs.

Us Expats will never really understand why the Thais have such a reluctance to 'put down' stray dogs.  Their beliefs are very alien in many ways to ours, and this is one of the most stark differences.  We used to live in a cheaper gated community where there was a dog that regularly escaped, and would chase and threaten the kids playing in that street. One Expat who lived a couple of houses away from where the dog was located, was very worried about his young kids.  We talked about it one day and I agreed with him that it was a huge risk and that it was just a matter of time before the dog did hurt one of the kids. I said he has two choices - get rid of himself (move) or get rid of the dog. The problem in getting rid of the dog of course, was that the neighbours would know and there would be trouble - even catching it and taking it away somewhere, would be problematic.  They were renting and so he moved out of the village.  That was one of the many lessons I learned about why buying in Thailand is not always the best option - and if you do buy a house, make sure it is in a gated community that 'manages' any dog issue quickly and firmly. Likewise for buying a unit/condo - make sure soi dogs are not going to be an issue - especially barking at night. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Mmm TroubleandGrumpy, unfortunately that wisdom to move, still left the newcomers and existing village to be at a "huge risk and that it was just a matter of time before the dog did hurt one of the kids.".  so as Boondoman wisely said above, "blame the owners", and it will be a case of "not if but when", someones throat is fatally mauled again. Oh well, Mai pen rai, dont worry, doesnt matter, owners put dogs before kids, but won't it be only a matter of time before your mate's new safe haven will have a new neighbourhood dog?  Hope not.

Gomangosteen discretely shared how a dangerous dog "went on a holiday". :thumbsup:

"Relocation" also describes it.

We'll surely read about the next tragic death in Asean Now, neighbourhoods will be "deeply shocked" again, and the debate will start all over again. :sad:

On 12/22/2023 at 1:17 PM, BestB said:

Without a fail any news and a chorus of idiots out blaming the dogs. They are dogs, strong and powerful dogs who were raised by a human.

only one to blame is the owner.

i have 2 pitbulls, big loving teddy bears but they hate badly dressed men, rubbish collectors and anyone else who looks “dirty”

As such I always make sure they can not get to any people, over 10 years and not once they got out 

it is extremely tragic and horrendous to have seen the attack because their power is insane but again, dogs were raised by a human who failed to provide safety for others and have no control over dogs. 

where I live, all neighbors are scared of my dogs but at the same time love them because once I moved in all theft and robberies have stopped.

dogs know all the neighbors but make noise when a stranger comes around. Theft and break ins are  0 for years

Such a ridiculous commentary. So if i am a stranger and I knock on your door, your dogs have a right to attack me? What is they get loose in some way? I am sure most all owners feel their killer dogs are properly restrained. You want a pit bull, go live on a deserted island. Dont risk other peoples lives with a macho obsession.

36 minutes ago, praguecr said:

Such a ridiculous commentary. So if i am a stranger and I knock on your door, your dogs have a right to attack me? What is they get loose in some way?

If you entered their grounds without permission, then yes.

If the dogs attacked you on a public road, that would be the owners fault.

29 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

If you entered their grounds without permission, then yes.

If the dogs attacked you on a public road, that would be the owners fault.

And if its something as innocent as a child retrieving a ball, a post-man delivering the mail ??

You'd probably support people putting land mines and booby-trap hand grenades in their gardens...  a vicious breed is no different.. time-bombs. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

And if its something as innocent as a child retrieving a ball, a post-man delivering the mail ??

You'd probably support people putting land mines and booby-trap hand grenades in their gardens...  a vicious breed is no different.. time-bombs. 

I don't want people coming onto my property without me being there and giving permission. In many countries people have the right to kill intruders, and I agree with that right.

As for kids, they need to be taught not to enter other people's securely fenced property for any reason. 

I chain my gate closed, I don't want you coming in and wandering around to see what you can steal.

Edited by BritManToo

On 12/22/2023 at 6:17 AM, BestB said:

Without a fail any news and a chorus of idiots out blaming the dogs. They are dogs, strong and powerful dogs who were raised by a human.

Agreed - blame the owner for having such dogs in the first place. 

i have 2 pitbulls, big loving teddy bears but they hate badly dressed men, rubbish collectors and anyone else who looks “dirty”

Big lovely teddy bears....   They'd lick you do 'death'...   giver or take a few teeth, powerful jaws and breeding for aggression and fighting. 

As such I always make sure they can not get to any people, over 10 years and not once they got out 

IF these dogs are so safe, why are you so scared of them getting out ???

It is because you actually know how deadly they can be ?

it is extremely tragic and horrendous to have seen the attack because their power is insane but again, dogs were raised by a human who failed to provide safety for others and have no control over dogs. 

Agreed.. but why do these dogs exist ?....  why not have a Golden Retriever ?

where I live, all neighbors are scared of my dogs but at the same time love them because once I moved in all theft and robberies have stopped.

Neighbours are scared of your dogs... wonder why ?...  

If you had a gang of youths with automatic weapons, other gangs probably wouldn't attempt theft in the area either. 

dogs know all the neighbors but make noise when a stranger comes around. Theft and break ins are  0 for years

I must say, thats a good reason to have such dogs... but won't any dogs behave the same way and bark when they hear noise etc ?

Doesn't that singular pro by far outweighed by the negatives ? clearly you think not... but all 'Pittie' owners argue the same, but we still keep reading the news of a people killed by these powerful weapons. 

On 12/22/2023 at 1:17 PM, BestB said:

so in this case the owner is to blame for the dogs hate towards the characters mentioned ? oh the irony of your comment. 

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, Jing Joe said:

Gomangosteen discretely shared how a dangerous dog "went on a holiday". :thumbsup:

"Relocation" also describes it.

Photo from when we lived in Sa Kaeo 2010-11, the canine holiday pickup, daughter was 5 then we'd tell her the 'holiday' story.

spacer.png

Those were the good old days?

Does anyone else see a parallel coming through? how some Yanks believe they have the legal right to carry guns and so the world looks on at all the individual  and mass U.S.A. shootings, and the minority of individuals on this 7 page topic who believe they have the legal right to have "unpredictable" killer Pit Bulls? about which many countries are banning.

and also their being proud of their 2 dogs thats can judge a book by its cover re "they hate badly dressed men, rubbish collectors and anyone else who looks “dirty”  which is just so sick.

Correction>>>

Does anyone else see a parallel coming through? how some Yanks believe they have the MORAL  right to carry guns and so the world looks on at all the individual  and mass U.S.A. shootings, and the minority of individuals on this 7 page topic who believe they have the legal/MORAL right to have "unpredictable" killer Pit Bulls? about which many countries are banning.

and also their being proud of their 2 dogs thats can judge a book by its cover re "they hate badly dressed men, rubbish collectors and anyone else who looks “dirty”  which is just so sick.