What's your favorite snack ?

CharlieH

16 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

What's your favorite snack here in Thaikand ? What am I missing that I need to try ?

Potatoes chips/crisps, choc bars what ?

I think most people like a snack sometimes or maybe watching a movie etc, so what's yours ?

In Phuket, maybe all over thailand they have this dessert place called Crepe-a-day. The kitkat/Nutella ice cream one is quality for a sugar hit. About 150 baht.

• Thumbs Up 1

Proper pistachios when I can get them (my Dr. does not approve), the basic Lay chips.

Also pomegranates (black diamond kind), opened, seeds all moved to bowl, cool it a bit and I'm set.

Used to get those tiny salty dried up fish at the market (from THAT stall, not the other), but ran into the doc (it's a small town) and was scolded, shop owner told not to give me any.

Oh, and chocolate. Current 'favorite' is Ritter's.

Edited by Morch
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I've not tried Roxta, reluctant to buy boxes because it's difficult to resist eating, but I'll give them a shot

I dont think you'll be disappointed, certainly one of the best Chocolate Ive discovered. If you like the the snickers type bars, they have mini versions called "go-nuts" give them a try, same price per box.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

cashew and/or peanuts... I try to stay away from sugary/sweet stuff

Takes self control but I do have just 1 of something everyday. I have a big container with mixed nuts, seeds and a sprinkling of raisins for a healthier option too it not all or just chocolate. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Twiglets when I can get them. Relatively healthy as a snack as they are baked rather than fried. Not too heavy on the calories but probably not a healthy amount of salt. Delicious though with a cold beer.

image.png.fcaf297982be9056f41ec739b0bc2cd7.png

Don't do too much store bought snacks when home, as usually got something made.  Daughter here so wife made lemon curd/pie, and I made turnovers w/puff pastry, with some of it.  

What I've eaten the most of, lifetime & in TH, definitely just simple PB&J sandwich.

When out & about, from 7-11, cheesecake, black forest cake or pandan rolls seems to dominate, along with spicy crisps.

Don't really have a favorite or go to (aside from PB&J), and just go with what's available.  Use to eat a tube of Pringles when lazy and watching a movie, but will & prefer just to make chips, for that potato, oil & salt fix.

Got a jar of roasted red peppers in the frig this week, that I have a hard time walking by :giggle:  Why I don't usually make or buy ice cream for the freezer.   My will power sucks.   My dog & self eat dark chocolate every night, after her last P at midnight ish.  More habit/routine than urge for a snack.

Edited by KhunLA

- Freshly baked chocolate cake @ BigC 82 THB. Gives me 6-8 slices.

- Mixed nuts, big bag @ BigC  310 THB

- Chocolate ice cream stick @ 7/11 15 THB. The cheapest is best! I tried them all up to 40 THB.

Edited by GypsyT
  • Thumbs Up 1

When you say snacks I am not thinking about health, just about snacking.

I like these, apparently they are a NE regional thing in the US, company is in Pennsylvania but I never saw them in the midwest or the western states.

Anyway, I work next door to a TOPS and TOPS has a big snack section with lots of choices from US, UK, Australia... Asian nations as well.

Just a stroll up and down the aisles there you will probably find something you want to try.

I also like the dried peas, not the wasabi ones they are too hot for me.

I am a junk food junkie and always find something different to try at the TOPS junk food section.

image.png.82695f5008c8b3d1474eb9d7cdbde150.png

• Like 1