Americans’ top 3 festive escapes: Italy, Japan, and Thailand take the lead

webfact

17 hours ago, John Drake said:

Odd that Cuba is number 10 on their list.

the list of ok reasons to visit Cuba are so wide and various that no American should ever worry about visiting or returning from Cuba.  If by any chance your reason for going is not covered in the ok list, you can always go to Mexico or Canada and slip in that way....!!

19 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand’s tropical charm, warm hospitality, beautiful beaches, and cultural richness

Not the Thailand I know, but I suppose if you are prepared to travel around a bit you will find some "beautiful beaches".  But dragging oneself around a temple does not in my book count as "cultural richness".

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Chris Daley said:

Nothing says ''festive'' like Thailand.  Miserable land of frowns.  F all decorations and no Christmas music.

Your right, We went for Christmas dinner to Central Phuket normally have a huge tree, not this year hardly any decorations inside this year. 

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

Your right, We went for Christmas dinner to Central Phuket normally have a huge tree, not this year hardly any decorations inside this year. 

Central Festival Pattaya has done it up nicely, with a big tree and other decorations.  Very festive and there were large crowds yesterday when my spouse and I were there.  The mall, itself, has been refreshed with new paint and decorative finishes in the public areas and redone bathrooms.  

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, newnative said:

Central Festival Pattaya has done it up nicely, with a big tree and other decorations.  Very festive and there were large crowds yesterday when my spouse and I were there.  The mall, itself, has been refreshed with new paint and decorative finishes in the public areas and redone bathrooms.  

Maybe they have our tree, 

22 hours ago, Chris Daley said:

Nothing says ''festive'' like Thailand.  Miserable land of frowns.  F all decorations and no Christmas music.

True. That Japan is more popular, despite not having tropical beaches, or the draw of the infamous Thailand nightlife is telling. Perhaps it beats Thailand in regards to hospitality, service, infrastructure, and lack of scams...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1