What Are We Living For?

GammaGlobulin

2 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Sadly, I am sure that you will always find....another...one last go-go girl....

I am sure that you aspired to much more, when you were younger, and when you still had high hopes....

Oh, well....

Such is life in Pattaya.

Another Gogo girl

Alas not likely. Such is life- it kicks one in the guts, then it kicks one in the nuts.

My first waking dream at school was to work on a high country sheep farm as I loved riding horses. That dream never came true.

My last waking dream was to be married to a nice Thai woman and have lots of sex till I died happily mid <deleted>. That dream didn't come true either.

Now the only dreams I have are after I'm asleep. Pretty bizzaro they are too. A psychologist could write an entire thesis on my dreams.

Do you remember your dreams? If you do, are they rational or way out there in the Twilight Zone?

I often dream of work as a nurse, and after working a full shift and about to go home realise I had done nothing. Pretty weird stuff.

Sadly I never dream of having fun with pretty Thai girls. In fact, pretty girls of any variety do not populate my unconscious world.

when you still had high hopes.

How long ago that was!

Like any lemming I suppose my hope was to find a good job, and a nice girl to have a family with. I even carried a cigarette lighter as a ruse to start a conversation with a pretty girl ( seemingly everyone smoked back then ), but I was saved from a lemming life by the military, which gave me adventure and the world. Sometimes the universe does the right thing by us, and saves us from our lemming mistakes despite our worst intentions.

After the military I went nursing and that beat the hope out of me and then beat me some more.

Then came Thailand, marriage and more beating.

If I have hope now, it's to die peacefully in my sleep, and not in some god awful nursing home hooked up to a machine.

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Another Gogo girl

Alas not likely. Such is life- it kicks one in the guts, then it kicks one in the nuts.

My first waking dream at school was to work on a high country sheep farm as I loved riding horses. That dream never came true.

My last waking dream was to be married to a nice Thai woman and have lots of sex till I died happily mid <deleted>. That dream didn't come true either.

Now the only dreams I have are after I'm asleep. Pretty bizzaro they are too. A psychologist could write an entire thesis on my dreams.

Do you remember your dreams? If you do, are they rational or way out there in the Twilight Zone?

I often dream of work as a nurse, and after working a full shift and about to go home realise I had done nothing. Pretty weird stuff.

Sadly I never dream of having fun with pretty Thai girls. In fact, pretty girls of any variety do not populate my unconscious world.

when you still had high hopes.

How long ago that was!

Like any lemming I suppose my hope was to find a good job, and a nice girl to have a family with. I even carried a cigarette lighter as a ruse to start a conversation with a pretty girl ( seemingly everyone smoked back then ), but I was saved from a lemming life by the military, which gave me adventure and the world. Sometimes the universe does the right thing by us, and saves us from our lemming mistakes despite our worst intentions.

After the military I went nursing and that beat the hope out of me and then beat me some more.

Then came Thailand, marriage and more beating.

If I have hope now, it's to die peacefully in my sleep, and not in some god awful nursing home hooked up to a machine.

You sound quite beat. 

But, you are too young to be a member of the beat generation. 

What gives? 

Why not take up the bongos, and get a new lease on life? 

Just now, GammaGlobulin said:

You sound quite beat. 

But, you are too young to be a member of the beat generation. 

What gives? 

Why not take up the bongos, and get a new lease on life? 

quite beat

Not entirely, but the age related problems are the elephant in my room. When Biden has a better memory, I know I'm in trouble.

As for the bongos, I'm too busy, even when not wasting time on AN, to be taking up another hobby. I always used to worry I'd never get sorted before I get pushed into the incinerator, but then I realised everything I treasure would get sold cheap in an op shop or sent to the dump, so I don't worry about it any more.

My passion these days is to collect DVDs from op shops ( a $40 DVD when new is now mine for $1. So far I have about 150 DVDs I'll probably never get to see, then the op shop can sell them to someone else.

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

quite beat

Not entirely, but the age related problems are the elephant in my room. When Biden has a better memory, I know I'm in trouble.

As for the bongos, I'm too busy, even when not wasting time on AN, to be taking up another hobby. I always used to worry I'd never get sorted before I get pushed into the incinerator, but then I realised everything I treasure would get sold cheap in an op shop or sent to the dump, so I don't worry about it any more.

My passion these days is to collect DVDs from op shops ( a $40 DVD when new is now mine for $1. So far I have about 150 DVDs I'll probably never get to see, then the op shop can sell them to someone else.

Nothing lasts forever. 

Not even DVDs. 

My suggestion is to liquidate all your assets, and use the proceeds to buy a Van Gogh. 

His peach trees are to die for...! 

19 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Nothing lasts forever. 

Not even DVDs. 

My suggestion is to liquidate all your assets, and use the proceeds to buy a Van Gogh. 

His peach trees are to die for...! 

Commercial DVDs will last longer than I will. I've still got DVDs that I burned in 2006 that are fine.

All my assets wouldn't buy me a month in LOS including nightly fun.

My ex wife really cleaned me out.

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Commercial DVDs will last longer than I will. I've still got DVDs that I burned in 2006 that are fine.

All my assets wouldn't buy me a month in LOS including nightly fun.

My ex wife really cleaned me out.

At least....you have memories.

And, regarding your ex wives...