Top media influencer claims that Chinese men target Thai women for love in what she calls ‘son hunting’

webfact

You have to wonder why a social media 'influencer' with a million followers would need to use a chinese focused matchmaker....

Having so many followers here, you can assume she is 'pretty', so why can't she find a local guy?? They'd be queuing up.

Its just bizarre to me that the 2nd in command of the Thai police has got involved for a guy doing a runner.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The pair dubbed the trend ‘son hunting’ and warned that it poses a threat to Thailand.

Son hunting, huh, sounds like a perfect compliment to gold digging.  All is fair in love and war.  Maybe date the guy for a while before you let him knock you up?  

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, klauskunkel said:

here is how to counter this threat to national security: change the dowry rules and get the money before you let anyone near your heavenly pagoda

You mean like they do in Western countries?

She's a gold digger who chose her partner based on his wealth. He was looking for a womb with a pretty face - not a life partner. She failed to deliver her part (or rather delivered something he didn't want) so he ditched her. That's what happens when you choose a partner for utility rather than love - they'll leave if you're no longer useful to them. Very much like a bar girl "girlfriend" - no matter how much she "loves you", she will leave as soon as you fail to pay her.

Ironically, every Chinese guy who bolts after learning it's a daughter leaves Thailand with two more single women, and China's gender imbalance which caused him to look for a womb overseas will just continue to grow! :cheesy:

I don't think he did anything illegal here, but Thailand should definitely crack down on Chinese "matchmakers", and more importantly hopefully this will go viral so Thai women understand that Chinese men are trouble and avoid them. I think the government is partially to blame for this as their infatuation with the Chinese misleads Thai women into a false sense of security with them.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, stoner said:

will they also look into the plethora of thai men who discard thai women after having a child....just because. 

Chinese always prefer to have sons. The fact this man left her and returned home when learning she has a daughter in her tummy is not surprising. The Chinese app though may be a new kind means to find surrogate women in Thailand.

Personally, this country needs more girls in it and more babies from anyone. Thier was a report about this and the future of Thailand. I would not mind seeing more young women in Thailand either haha... 

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Why is this considered news, and why is it considered bad news, and why is the biggest joke involved?

It just sounds like Chinese men looking for Thai women, people from all over the world look for Thai women. Are Chinese men worse than others? What's the issue here, I thought that Thailand was supposedly in love with China? 

Agreed, the article is very light on explaining why senior plod needs to get involved. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

For many years China had a one-child policy, only recently abandoned. Selective abortion of females (and female infanticide), with a cultural preference for sons, has led a great population imbalance. Far more males than females in China, men who can’t find wives and still an obsession with having sons rather than daughters. 

• Agree 2

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Social media star complains to the police about her relationship breakdown. After revealing her pregnancy to Mr Zhang, he abruptly returned to China upon learning the child’s gender, leaving Ms Noey in emotional turmoil. The matchmaker blamed her for having a daughter.

Stupid fool, met him when he came for a holiday through a "Matchmaker" and got pregnant, had unprotected sex with a stranger a ''well-to-do'' bloke, seems obvious to me what she was after, and it wasn't his good looks. Is he even single? Ms. Nobrain.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ajarnbrian said:

For many years China had a one-child policy, only recently abandoned. Selective abortion of females (and female infanticide), with a cultural preference for sons, has led a great population imbalance. Far more males than females in China, men who can’t find wives and still an obsession with having sons rather than daughters. 

There is a definite lack of females in China, and I am amazed more Thai women aren't enticed to move to China. I know some who did, but not many.

The gender of the offspring is a function of the sperm. Maybe the 'son hunting' guy can order a new Johnson on Alibaba and try again.

It does give me solace, however, that on matters of intergalactic importance, Thailand is quick to put its #1 Top Cop Big Joke on to it. An "Influencer" deserves no less.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

There is a definite lack of females in China, and I am amazed more Thai women aren't enticed to move to China. I know some who did, but not many.

Approximately 35,000,000 more marrying age males than females in China.

Triads, in cooperation with the PLA, are 'importing' women from border regions of Myanmar, and auctioning off the women as brides. It has become quite dangerous for young Kachin women in Myanmar's northern Kachin State.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Sadly, it's true. Aimed at people who can't think for themselves so they have to be led. Usually the influencers are harmless, but sometimes they are called Donald Trump and then there's a problem as then loonies appear out of nowhere and all hell breaks loose.

spot the democrat ,i bet youre in thailand for the ''young'' ladies?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Stupid fool, met him when he came for a holiday through a "Matchmaker" and got pregnant, had unprotected sex with a stranger a ''well-to-do'' bloke, seems obvious to me what she was after, and it wasn't his good looks. Is he even single? Ms. Nobrain.

I reckon she tried to trap him with the pregnancy, its quite a common tactic, but as shown here its likely to backfire.    Chances are  he  just dumped her because she was pupped, regardless of the gender.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Alimony and child support. There are many in U.S. jails for failing to pay this.  I suggest that once a foreigner makes a Thai girl pregnant they not be allowed to leave the country without first posting a substantial bond payable to the jilted lover and then face extradition back to a Thailand jail.

Edited by TOPDOG1
update
  • Haha 1

On 12/27/2023 at 8:15 AM, webfact said:

She said these men wished to father only sons with Thai women

how will this works out... once they determine the sex of the embryo if female would they kill it, it appears Big Joke has nothing else to do then to get involved in non sense complains from a so called beautiful Thai online influencer whose engagement fell through, how beautiful was she that she needed to use social media to find a husband

Disgusting people, the Chinese. Eating plates full of shrimp with their bare hands, pooping in public, spitting on the streets, singing false karaoke songs and butchering female babies, that the Good Lord himself brought into being.

Thailand would be wise to just call a stop to the Chinese, Korean, Russian, Indian, A-rab a.o. invasion and allow more white European western caucasian fair-skinned farangs, especially Brits and Aussies, into the country, as well as African-American, retired military, US passport "bros". These are good, rich people that can make lost of beautiful mixed-race babies that can repopulate Thailand and solve the problem of Thai chicks not popping out enough babies by wife-beating, serial cheating, lazy Thai guys, and build many new expensive tier 1 international schools with their foreign money and speed up Thailand's entry into modern society, ready for the rest of the 21st century.

• Haha 1