Do you do immigration business yourself? If so why?

1 minute ago, KhunBENQ said:

Yes and why not: because a provincial office like ours does not cause hours of queuing and paperwork is easy if you fulfill the requirements (may differ as some offices seem to invent own rules to harras people).

I hardly need more than an hour waiting included to do extension. Out before 11 AM and plenty of time to shop and dine.

the longest wait for us is to get the bank letter and the 6 month statement at the bank, that usually is at approx an hour in the bank, immigration was a breeze, arrived at 12:55 left 13:20 with a new 1 year extension (retirement)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MJCM said:

the longest wait for us is to get the bank letter and the 6 month statement at the bank, that usually is at approx an hour in the bank, immigration was a breeze, arrived at 12:55 left 13:20 with a new 1 year extension (retirement)

I always did bank letter a day before. Was told that only book update is needed same day.

(at KK, CW has own rules).

12 month statement at Bangkok Bank seems annoying? Order days ahead.

Will see next year.

Edited by KhunBENQ

7 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

I always did bank letter a day before. Was told that only book update is needed same day.

12 month statement at Bangkok Bank seems annoying? Order days ahead.

Will see next year.

i asked them when I did my extension (2 weeks ago) and they said (and I quote) “They prefer the bank letter and book update to be done on the same day”. (Ymmv)

My bank branch only opens at 10:30, I could go to the one in town (which opens earlier) but parking there is very difficult.

This is Buriram IO

ps: i had the 12 month statement also (approx 4 weeks old) but they did not ask for it, only the 6 month statement (but must say it’s a FD deposit with the money in there many years already, I am already on my 2 book, which they both wanted to look at)

Edited by MJCM

Do everything myself marriage extension, it's one day a year of stress but I get over that, what annoyed me this year was the officer trying to get me to do the retirement extension, yet again, and complains to ME it too much paperwork for the married one, I told her it's you and your office that makes that problem not me!

Is there actually any other office with so many rules in Thailand than TRAT? everything must be dated the same day and must take your witness along. I may add photos have to be glossy.

IMG_20231227_112221.thumb.jpg.b41ea06b7bb2700b47a246d8f4ec967e.jpg

marripagg2.thumb.jpg.1d32127c4946d99b2fa4288328314b14.jpg

And then to cap it off the TM47 x 2 that wants all the same info on your PP copies and you must write your age 'coz their to dumb to work it out. with exactly the same questions top and bottom. 

TM47ThaiImmigrationForm-Notificationofaddress.thumb.jpg.8d3cb86286b1a29708d3709213f109e6.jpg

Edited by brianthainess
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

At my immigration office there is a nice young lady sat in the corner, if you give her the forms and all supporting documents to her, she completes them, collates them, takes whatever copies are needed and creates a complete bundle all clipped together, just sign where needed and hand it in. So easy, no frustration, no hassle. Cost 200bt. That works for me.

House visit?

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Mrs. Morch handles all the paperwork, copies, and even talk with the IM officers.

I fill my details, sign where needed, post for the pics and generally being charming me.

Most agents here deal with Myanmar workers and factories hiring them.

Wouldn't be so trusting letting them hang on to my passport, information and so on.

It's not a busy office, we rarely wait long, and the new location got a nice restaurant/coffee shop/garden nearby.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

When I do it myself, I am saving about 7000 baht for about 2 hours work in getting all my ducks in a row. Effectively, I am paying myself 3500 baht/hour.

That's the way I look at it. Although some of the agents that I spoke to wanted considerably more. I was getting quotes well above 20,000 just to "fix" my problem with my retirement extension and NOT ONE of them would describe to me exactly how they were gonna fix it. (those who say it's a "payment" to the immigration officials need not respond)

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1