Cat adoption Bangkok (Suk preferred)

5 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Personally I think its not nice to keep any animal locked inside, or birds in a cage.

Big difference between a bird in a cage and a cat in a condo or apartment of reasonable size. Very old cats will usually even be happy in small studio apartments.

Many cats adapt very happily to inside life, especially older cats which is what OP has in mind.

In fact in my experience, indoor/outdoor cats spontaneously stop going outside much or even at all, of their own accord, past a certain age.

Agree with you on the birds in cages though. Or any animal in a cage.

6 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Personally I think its not nice to keep any animal locked inside, or birds in a cage.

I agree with Sheryl. I have had cats that went outdoors and cats that lived in my house.  Most just want to go out look around and come home.  My present cat lives in my apartment and is quite happy but does not like to go outdoors unless it is on the balcony.

The area I agree on is dogs. I have watched people living in areas where there is no room for dogs to roam.  Do need a big yard,

Unfortunatley if yo do not have a cage for your bird to live in the odds are that you willnot have the bird long.

16 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

Unfortunatley if yo do not have a cage for your bird to live in the odds are that you willnot have the bird long.

I knew a guy in Wales who had a Raven rescued when young, it flew free everywhere, when it saw him coming home from work, walking along the beach it would fly and land on his shoulder, sit on his knee watching and listening to the TV, mimic his kids calling Mum from the top of the stairs. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For anyone who wants to adopt a cat or dog, I highly recommend you search on Facebook: Patricia Peksa. she takes care of taking in animals that have been abandoned. They are all cared for when necessary. It's free but you can make a donation. I thus recovered 2 cats (brothers & sisters) who had been abandoned by their master because they had a virus. They were treated and then entrusted to a temporary foster family. They were 3 months old when I got them, they are currently 3 years old...and I can't do without them anymore, even if at first it was a bit hell 😂. I previously had 2 females and this is what I recommend. They are more “together”. The ones I had never left each other's side, slept together, washed each other. Boys and girls, it's a bit like humans 🙄...they ignore each other a little. They chase each other from time to time but not much more. The male sleeps with me very often and was jealous for a very long time, he chased his sister out of my bed whenever she came. With the cold coming back for a few days, it's the first time they've both slept with me 😀

IMG_20240120_133524.jpg

Edited by Marsupienemi