TM30 and immigration

49 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Any business at Chonburi it is also the first question they ask.  Must be a big money maker the area folks go to update it is usually crowded.

Can anyone subject to Chonburi IO practises please confirm whether or not Jomtien is actually implementing the "new procedures" published in the attached Pattaya Mail article TM30change.png.59287749ec1c927fc021bb369c3a114b.pngTM30change.png.59287749ec1c927fc021bb369c3a114b.png

20 hours ago, daejung said:

I asked my landlord for a copy of his TM30 declaration and he answered me it is no longer required for the renewal of my extension of stay.

Translation: You Landlord is not declaring the rental income to the Revenue Department.

Making us dependent on a TM30 filed by someone else to extend a visa was a very "provincial" thing to do.

Meanwhile people fly in and stay in an Airbnb with no TM30 filed with a material number committing crimes or going onto overstay. Isn't that where they should be focussing or does that come under too hard/too hot?

Edited by mokwit

2 hours ago, Liquorice said:

No it's not.

Section 38 of the Immigration Act states it's the responsibility of the housemaster, owner or possessor.

Section 4 defines the "housemaster" as meaning, any persons who is the chief possessor of a house, whether in the capacity of owner, tenant, or in any other capacity whatsoever, in accordance with the law on people act.

Yes, but filing with just a lease and no housebook, housebook for where owner resides, and owner bat preseason  is not possible at all offices. You need documentation from the owner CW will apparently let you file with lease and apparently receipts for utility bills paid.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

No.

Another TM30 is not required regards of spending nights away from place of residence and also for international travel provided you reenter on same visa or reentry permit 

What does "same visa or re-entry permit" means : With extension of stay and therefore new re-entry permit every year when you renew your extension ? New TM30 needed anytime you renew extension and get a new re-entry ?

10 hours ago, daejung said:

With extension of stay and therefore new re-entry permit every year when you renew your extension ? New TM30 needed anytime you renew extension and get a new re-entry ?

A new TM30 is not required in situation you describe.

21 hours ago, proton said:

take the law change 2020 on TM30 in printed in Thai and Englsih, they love that!

I have it too but do I really want to challenge IO when I only have 2 days left on my stay?

2 days only thanks to Jomtien new rules. They won't process earlier...

No, I become a sheep... and get extension rather than "win" argument in asylum.

22 minutes ago, Felton Jarvis said:

Immigration needs to start leaning heavily on landlords who shirk their responsibility to file a TM30.  It is a national

disgrace that expats are being shaken down for these pointless documents while the landlords do nothing.

When was an landlord ever fined for not filling in a TM30?