TM30 and immigration

1 hour ago, daejung said:

Hello,

I asked my landlord for a copy of his TM30 declaration and he answered me it is no longer required for the renewal of my extension of stay.

Is it true ? I have an appointment at Chaengwatana and I wouldn't like to go there for nothing if they do require it.

Thanks

You should bring it along with a copy of your lease and a copy of the landlords ID signed if you can obtain it. Also a copy of the house book is a good idea. (Tabien Baan) Best to have more documentation than less. I brought an updated Tm.30, lease copy, Tabien Baan copy and ID of my Landlord. I was denied my first application for having a TM.30 but no lease.

Edited by likerdup1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, daejung said:

I asked my landlord for a copy of his TM30 declaration and he answered me it is no longer required for the renewal of my extension of stay.

Did your landlord ever file a TM30?

I think landlords (Thai) are reticent about renting to foreigners as they may not want to declare the income, and think that Imm will report them to Revenue. Some landlords restructure leases into two parts: rent and infrastructure, with the former being income. 

IMO/E I would never go to CW for an ext stay renewal without piles of documents re: domicile.

Lease: term runs longer than the applied for ext stay + ~ 3 months)
Blue book signed by landlord
Thai ID card (landlord) – lined through twice, "for Immigration" signed
TM30 filing , preferably on the new system

Most recent 90-day report
Photo_ House, self, number and name visible
Hand-drawn map + Gooogle maps
TM6 copies

Are all these mandatory? Perhaps not, but someone has reported that they were asked for one or more of these in a first-hand trip report.

45 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

Did your landlord ever file a TM30?

I think landlords (Thai) are reticent about renting to foreigners as they may not want to declare the income, and think that Imm will report them to Revenue. Some landlords restructure leases into two parts: rent and infrastructure, with the former being income. 

IMO/E I would never go to CW for an ext stay renewal without piles of documents re: domicile.

Lease: term runs longer than the applied for ext stay + ~ 3 months)
Blue book signed by landlord
Thai ID card (landlord) – lined through twice, "for Immigration" signed
TM30 filing , preferably on the new system

Most recent 90-day report
Photo_ House, self, number and name visible
Hand-drawn map + Gooogle maps
TM6 copies

Are all these mandatory? Perhaps not, but someone has reported that they were asked for one or more of these in a first-hand trip report.

For my past few Retirement-Extensions in Chiang Mai, I produced (and had copies of) the small paper-slip that I received from the TM30 Office (that the Officer stapled into my passport). 

My Wife recently registered with the online TM30-system, and she made a print-out of the data-entry screen to show my latest place-of-address ( - I had stayed in a Hotel in Pattaya, and the Staff “updated” my place-of-address to the Hotel using their online-system). 

— Do you know if this PC print-out is accepted/sufficient for Immigration for the Extension, or do they want to see one of their “own” documents ? 

25 minutes ago, lordblackader said:

You don't have to file a new TM30 for an extension of stay - this is presuming you already have one on file. 

I will be doing my retirement extension in the next month. I have a copy of my Landlords TM 30 filed. I have not left Thailand since that was filed. So no need to make a new TM 30 right?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, daejung said:

Hello,

Is it true ? I have an appointment at Chaengwatana and I wouldn't like to go there for nothing if they do require it.

Thanks

Your landlord is a lying piece of scum.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zombie nights said:

I will be doing my retirement extension in the next month. I have a copy of my Landlords TM 30 filed. I have not left Thailand since that was filed. So no need to make a new TM 30 right?

You are OK as long as you have not spent nights elsewhere and they have filed a TM 30. eg a hotel.

If there is another TM 30 from somewhere, then you need to update again.

Immigration look at the last TM 30 posted.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

You are OK as long as you have not spent nights elsewhere and they have filed a TM 30. eg a hotel.

He previously did one TM30 in November 2022 but I left Thailand in april and my condo was rent to another people in the meantime, so I guess I need a new one.

Had I just kept the same condo all the time, I know I wouldn't need a new TM30 even after spending nights in hotels.

Up to now, immigration at Chaengwatana never asked me any rental contract, only TM30

Edited by daejung

Thank u for your helpful post.

Now  I have been away for a few times and for a few days (BKK to Pattaya stayed hotel).

I have no idea if the hotel  filed a TM 30 for me.

I thought if I in BKK on retirement extension  and away from my permanent address in Thailand for a few days to another place in Thailand then no need to file anything with CW immigration?

No.

Another TM30 is not required regards of spending nights away from place of residence and also for international travel provided you reenter on same visa or reentry permit 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, zombie nights said:

I thought if I in BKK on retirement extension  and away from my permanent address in Thailand for a few days to another place in Thailand then no need to file anything with CW immigration?

You thought correctly.

This also applied to international travel.. CM is one crazy exception 

See post above this one

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

No.

Another TM30 is not required regards of spending nights away from place of residence and also for international travel provided you reenter on same visa or reentry permit 

It's required at Korat Imm, if you've been out the country and back in again must do a new TM30, but it's easy, no need to supply any docs. I had to do it last July when I renewed my retire ext. a couple months earlier I'd made a 3-night trip to Lao, so I was told to go to the TM30 office and update it, then I could proceed with my annual ext.

26 minutes ago, grain said:

It's required at Korat Imm, if you've been out the country and back in again must do a new TM30, but it's easy, no need to supply any docs. I had to do it last July when I renewed my retire ext. a couple months earlier I'd made a 3-night trip to Lao, so I was told to go to the TM30 office and update it, then I could proceed with my annual ext.

Different stories for different offices and different people, and it also seems to depend on whether you use an agent or not, and even which agent. I just got a 1-year extension of stay from Jomtien to my Non Imm-O based on retirement and 800K in the bank. I did it myself and the TM 30 was the same one I used last year, even though I went back to the UK for 6 weeks in September. Two months before that, I needed a residence certificate to buy a new car and used an agent. He said I didn't need to do a new TM30 as I already had proof of one stapled in my passport. No problems, he got the RC for me and I got new car. OTOH, plenty of other people using the Jomtien office, both doing it themselves and using an agent, will tell you the exact opposite story. Maybe it depends on how you dress, or if you smile nicely, or try speaking a bit of Thai to them, who knows? I'm not complaining, anyway, the recent extension (my 16th) was the fastest and easiest yet.

Edited by Guderian
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

Different stories for different offices and different people, and it also seems to depend on whether you use an agent or not, and even which agent. I just got a 1-year extension of stay from Jomtien to my Non Imm-O based on retirement and 800K in the bank. I did it myself and the TM 30 was the same one I used last year, even though I went back to the UK for 6 weeks in September. Two months before that, I needed a residence certificate to buy a new car and used an agent. He said I didn't need to do a new TM30 as I already had proof of one stapled in my passport. No problems, he got the RC for me and I got new car. OTOH, plenty of other people using the Jomtien office, both doing it themselves and using an agent, will tell you the exact opposite story. Maybe it depends on how you dress, or if you smile nicely, or try speaking a bit of Thai to them, who knows? I'm not complaining, anyway, the recent extension (my 16th) was the fastest and easiest yet.

I used an agent (Darren) for about 10-12 years running when I lived in Pattaya, but these past 5-6 years I've been living in Korat and done it myself and it's been surprisingly easy. I have the dosh in the bank and never touch it, it's there year after year purely for immigration. As for dress/smile, I agree entirely, I always dress very smartly and act polite and friendly. I see may guys at Imm in shorts, tank tops, flipflops, they may not realize Thais in gov departments consider this disrespectful to them. I've heard of guys arguing Thai immigration law with IOs, not something I do, if they require a copy of the King James Bible translated into Thai, then I'll get it for them. :biggrin:

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

No problems, he got the RC for me and I got new car. OTOH, plenty of other people using the Jomtien office, both doing it themselves and using an agent, will tell you the exact opposite story. Maybe it depends on how you dress, or if you smile nicely, or try speaking a bit of Thai to them, who knows? I'm not complaining, anyway, the recent extension (my 16th) was the fastest and easiest yet.

In my experience in these situations, it's because the IO you deal with is either trained, informed and competent, or untrained, ill-informed and incompetent.

39 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Owners responsibility, why should the renter be fined if the owner hasn’t done a TM30.

No it's not.

Section 38 of the Immigration Act states it's the responsibility of the housemaster, owner or possessor.

Section 4 defines the "housemaster" as meaning, any persons who is the chief possessor of a house, whether in the capacity of owner, tenant, or in any other capacity whatsoever, in accordance with the law on people act.

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes aware of that.

CM is not the only office that opted to ignore changes to TM30 rules in June 2020.

We all need to be aware of our local immigration office requires. 

Should be what the LAW requires, not officers ignorant of if, they are not entitled to make up their own rules

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

My Mrs registered me at this house, my home, 5 years ago. (Well actually, I did it online), 

I have stayed in hotels, been back to UK several times, but the IO in Phitsanulok just looks at the paper slip in my Passport and all is OK. In fact, they printed a new copy for me last month as the old one was getting a bit tatty.

9 minutes ago, proton said:

Should be what the LAW requires, not officers ignorant of if, they are not entitled to make up their own rules

Very few are brave enough to challenge them, though!

3 times I've challenged an IO and gone above his head.
3 times it turned out the IO had misinterpreted, misunderstood, plainly not familiar, or been ill-informed with Immigration orders.

33 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

Very few are brave enough to challenge them, though!

3 times I've challenged an IO and gone above his head.
3 times it turned out the IO had misinterpreted, misunderstood, plainly not familiar, or been ill-informed with Immigration orders.

I take the law change 2020 on TM30 in printed in Thai and Englsih, they love that!

• Like 1