Thai woman arrested for selling her masturbation videos online

webfact

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

That used to be the case. It has not been a sex destination for a decade. More of a couples or family destination these days, and the industry is fading. Far fewer punters than in previous decades. 

But, sex is part of life here. Less prudishness than in the West, except with the fake puritan army and govt. 

Thailand remains the biggest sex destination on earth.
Since the upcoming of social media and other digital channels, the sex industry in Thialand has found other ways to sell their products.
But it is now far more than it used to be.
Visit a few bars, even locally, and see how many girls are steadily communicating with potential customers on their mobile.
Ladies and ladyboys in meeting sites are offering their nude pictures/videos and life shows.
Take a few moments of your time to browse websites like Twitter (X), YouTube, Instagram, and si in and you will see how many people are logging in these sites.
Browse a few hashtags like #sexinbangkok, #sexinhuahin, etc.
As long as there is a demand for this, Thailand will not change.
And there is a huge demand for this worldwide.
The "woman" in this thread would not get 1 customer a decade ago, and she has now on her Twitter account over 100K followers (she has also other accounts like "Line" where the number of followers are far more.
Times changed but not the people.

1 hour ago, Confuscious said:

Thailand remains the biggest sex destination on earth.
Since the upcoming of social media and other digital channels, the sex industry in Thialand has found other ways to sell their products.
But it is now far more than it used to be.
Visit a few bars, even locally, and see how many girls are steadily communicating with potential customers on their mobile.
Ladies and ladyboys in meeting sites are offering their nude pictures/videos and life shows.
Take a few moments of your time to browse websites like Twitter (X), YouTube, Instagram, and si in and you will see how many people are logging in these sites.
Browse a few hashtags like #sexinbangkok, #sexinhuahin, etc.
As long as there is a demand for this, Thailand will not change.
And there is a huge demand for this worldwide.
The "woman" in this thread would not get 1 customer a decade ago, and she has now on her Twitter account over 100K followers (she has also other accounts like "Line" where the number of followers are far more.
Times changed but not the people.

I agree the industry is vast here. But I am not so sure about that it is the largest. The sex industry in the US is huge. There are likely millions of women who sell their bodies for a price. Very difficult to find real numbers, as it is so far underground in the US. I have a good friend who is a very reliable and informative source, as she was deeply involved running an NGO in Bangkok for 10 years, that dealt with sex workers. So, I take her at her word, but do not expect others to. She claimed the industry was at least twice as large in the US, than in Thailand. I believe her. If you account for freelancers, there are a ridiculous number who give it up, for the right amount of cash. Is that the same as prostitution? I think so. Many here are also freelancers, some part time, some not.

How about this, as a place to start? And any study is going to underestimate, rather than over estimate the number of sex workers in the US. And of course, they are not going to include the "really good local gals" who will bang for a month's rent. 

Stephanie Chen, former Writer-Producer for CNN, stated in her Aug. 28, 2009 CNN.com article titled “‘John Schools’ Try to Change Attitudes about Paid Sex”:

“No comprehensive effort has been made to track the numbers, but experts estimate 1 million to 2 million prostitutes work in the United States. 

https://prostitution.procon.org/questions/how-many-prostitutes-are-in-the-united-states-and-the-rest-of-the-world/

The State Department releases an annual report on human trafficking with breakdowns for individual countries, though it is largely focused on government actions to address the trafficking and does not estimate the total number of victims. However, in its 2019 report, the State Department found the top three nations of origin for human trafficking victims were the United States, Mexico and the Philippines. It does not break that figure down for sex trafficking alone. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/investigations/2019/07/29/12-trafficking-statistics-enormity-global-sex-trade/1755192001/

The prostitution trade is estimated to generate over $14 billion a year in the US (Havoscope, 2013). Different data sources suggest that anywhere between 16 to 30 percent of men have paid for sex in the US (General Social Surveys, 1992-2010; Langer, Arnedt and Sussman, 2004).

https://www.restud.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/MS21721manuscript.pdf

And there is NO justification for criminalizing the industry, either here or in the US. None. It only increases the danger for women. 

There is "considerable evidence from public health researchers that criminalization of sex work contributes to community violence, propagates crime, blocks access to public health resources, is an ineffective deterrent to participation in sex work, and is deeply harmful to sex workers." 

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2021-01-11/calls-mount-to-decriminalize-sex-work-in-the-interest-of-public-health

Edited by spidermike007
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Confuscious said:

How do you know they're not just chatting with family and friends?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

I agree the industry is vast here. But I am not so sure about that it is the largest. The sex industry in the US is huge. There are likely millions of women who sell their bodies for a price. Very difficult to find real numbers, as it is so far underground in the US. I have a good friend who is a very reliable and informative source, as she was deeply involved running an NGO in Bangkok for 10 years, that dealt with sex workers. So, I take her at her word, but do not expect others to. She claimed the industry was at least twice as large in the US, than in Thailand. I believe her. If you account for freelancers, there are a ridiculous number who give it up, for the right amount of cash. Is that the same as prostitution? I think so. Many here are also freelancers, some part time, some not.

How about this, as a place to start? And any study is going to underestimate, rather than over estimate the number of sex workers in the US. And of course, they are not going to include the "really good local gals" who will bang for a month's rent. 

Stephanie Chen, former Writer-Producer for CNN, stated in her Aug. 28, 2009 CNN.com article titled “‘John Schools’ Try to Change Attitudes about Paid Sex”:

“No comprehensive effort has been made to track the numbers, but experts estimate 1 million to 2 million prostitutes work in the United States. 

https://prostitution.procon.org/questions/how-many-prostitutes-are-in-the-united-states-and-the-rest-of-the-world/

The State Department releases an annual report on human trafficking with breakdowns for individual countries, though it is largely focused on government actions to address the trafficking and does not estimate the total number of victims. However, in its 2019 report, the State Department found the top three nations of origin for human trafficking victims were the United States, Mexico and the Philippines. It does not break that figure down for sex trafficking alone. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/investigations/2019/07/29/12-trafficking-statistics-enormity-global-sex-trade/1755192001/

The prostitution trade is estimated to generate over $14 billion a year in the US (Havoscope, 2013). Different data sources suggest that anywhere between 16 to 30 percent of men have paid for sex in the US (General Social Surveys, 1992-2010; Langer, Arnedt and Sussman, 2004).

https://www.restud.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/MS21721manuscript.pdf

And there is NO justification for criminalizing the industry, either here or in the US. None. It only increases the danger for women. 

There is "considerable evidence from public health researchers that criminalization of sex work contributes to community violence, propagates crime, blocks access to public health resources, is an ineffective deterrent to participation in sex work, and is deeply harmful to sex workers." 

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2021-01-11/calls-mount-to-decriminalize-sex-work-in-the-interest-of-public-health

I agree with you that it is very difficult to classify the countries with the most "sex workers".
Specially in these times where most of the "sex workers" are selling sex "Online".

It is also very difficult to classify them inot Prostitutes; Freelancers; Etc.
Also, where draw the border line between a sex worker and someone who post pictures/videos and sex-cam online.

Sure thing is that in the era, making sex work illegal and go witch hunt for a single sex worker while there are thousends of them doing the same thing is at the best ignorant for a country.

A few months ago, I watched a program on the European television about older people who baught a new wife in East-Asia Online.
Instead of using the old way, travel to south-east Asia to find a new wife, they use now the internet to make acquintance and once an agreement is made, they send a non-refundable ticket to fly to Europe to their future wife.

Example:
Greetings!
This is Jesse from the Philippines.
I can help you find a filipina  girl friend/ wife .
I have sister Helen .
She is 29 years old, cute and petite 4'9" .
She has dark brown skin.
She is loving, caring, faithful, family oriented, passionate and open minded.
I am attaching her photos and videos.
You can have Helen as your wife when you lend me 8 million pesos to buy a beach house i will pay you back in 2 years. hope you consider.
She agreed to marry you and relocate to live with you.
I will arrange everything for you to marry Helen. 
If interested please email me back or contact me at Phone (63)9052719575 Philippines   

Is Helen a "Pimp", selling her sister?
Is the sister a Prostitute?

To get back to the thread, this witchhunt after 1 woman who chose to sell sex online makes the RTP the laughing stock of Thailand.

26 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

I agree with you that it is very difficult to classify the countries with the most "sex workers".
Specially in these times where most of the "sex workers" are selling sex "Online".

It is also very difficult to classify them inot Prostitutes; Freelancers; Etc.
Also, where draw the border line between a sex worker and someone who post pictures/videos and sex-cam online.

Sure thing is that in the era, making sex work illegal and go witch hunt for a single sex worker while there are thousends of them doing the same thing is at the best ignorant for a country.

A few months ago, I watched a program on the European television about older people who baught a new wife in East-Asia Online.
Instead of using the old way, travel to south-east Asia to find a new wife, they use now the internet to make acquintance and once an agreement is made, they send a non-refundable ticket to fly to Europe to their future wife.

Example:
Greetings!
This is Jesse from the Philippines.
I can help you find a filipina  girl friend/ wife .
I have sister Helen .
She is 29 years old, cute and petite 4'9" .
She has dark brown skin.
She is loving, caring, faithful, family oriented, passionate and open minded.
I am attaching her photos and videos.
You can have Helen as your wife when you lend me 8 million pesos to buy a beach house i will pay you back in 2 years. hope you consider.
She agreed to marry you and relocate to live with you.
I will arrange everything for you to marry Helen. 
If interested please email me back or contact me at Phone (63)9052719575 Philippines   

Is Helen a "Pimp", selling her sister?
Is the sister a Prostitute?

To get back to the thread, this witchhunt after 1 woman who chose to sell sex online makes the RTP the laughing stock of Thailand.

Totally agree about the sex.

Making arrangements for a long term partner online has to be the height of desperation. Is chemistry even an issue? Do you have anything in common? Do you enjoy her company? 

Utter and extreme desperados, or super lazy guys, employ those methods. Bizarre at best. More than likely NOT a good idea. For so many reasons, they would take awhile to list. First is all, the biggest variable when you meet someone online, is whether or not you will like them once you see them. Do you find them attractive? Do they find you appealing? Is there any chemistry? Is she emotionally developed, or a stunted, emotional retard? There is no shortage of women that fit that category here. Would you want to be with her any longer than an hour, once you meet her? If not, what do you do once you have made this rather grand and rather silly commitment of your time?

I guess it comes down to self esteem. When I was doing online dating, I always limited the first encounter to 15-30 minutes, over a cup of coffee. And 90% of the time I was very glad I had followed that protocol. I also limited the number of contacts prior to that cup of coffee to three. I do not have any interest in having pen pals. And Thai women love to chat, and text, and you end up wasting alot of hours on someone you have never met, and more than likely are not going to get with once you do meet her, for a couple of dozen reasons. The numbers are not on your side, so why invest the time, once you have made the contact?

I have a close friend who met a woman online and they started conversing with online chats and then they escalated it to telephone chats and then they were talking an hour a day for 6 months. He just met her last week after traveling quite a distance and they had almost nothing in common, he said they had a nice chat but it didn't look like it was going to go anywhere. I think they were both very lonely, so why not chat on the phone?

Why on Earth would a guy who was self-esteem invest that many hours of his life into someone he's never met before? I just don't get it. It is so 2023.

So I ask, what would Bond do? He would chat once or twice and set up a date. Period. Otherwise, see ya! 

Edited by spidermike007

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Totally agree about the sex.

Making arrangements for a long term partner online has to be the height of desperation. Is chemistry even an issue? Do you have anything in common? Do you enjoy her company? 

Utter and extreme desperados, or super lazy guys, employ those methods. Bizarre at best. More than likely NOT a good idea. For so many reasons, they would take awhile to list. First is all, the biggest variable when you meet someone online, is whether or not you will like them once you see them. Do you find them attractive? Do they find you appealing? Is there any chemistry? Is she emotionally developed, or a stunted, emotional retard? There is no shortage of women that fit that category here. Would you want to be with her any longer than an hour, once you meet her? If not, what do you do once you have made this rather grand and rather silly commitment of your time?

I guess it comes down to self esteem. When I was doing online dating, I always limited the first encounter to 15-30 minutes, over a cup of coffee. And 90% of the time I was very glad I had followed that protocol. I also limited the number of contacts prior to that cup of coffee to three. I do not have any interest in having pen pals. And Thai women love to chat, and text, and you end up wasting alot of hours on someone you have never met, and more than likely are not going to get with once you do meet her, for a couple of dozen reasons. The numbers are not on your side, so why invest the time, once you have made the contact?

I have a close friend who met a woman online and they started conversing with online chats and then they escalated it to telephone chats and then they were talking an hour a day for 6 months. He just met her last week after traveling quite a distance and they had almost nothing in common, he said they had a nice chat but it didn't look like it was going to go anywhere. I think they were both very lonely, so why not chat on the phone?

Why on Earth would a guy who was self-esteem invest that many hours of his life into someone he's never met before? I just don't get it. It is so 2023.

So I ask, what would Bond do? He would chat once or twice and set up a date. Period. Otherwise, see ya! 

In our standards, looking and marrying a girl/woman online is a complete "NO".

But for old people, living alone in the "cold" Europe with no outlook to have the company of another person and maybe need help to keep living, it is their ONLY choice.

Living with a person who takes care of them and they will take care (financial) of their partner.

I have a friend in Korat who married a girl from Korat who he meet in Phuket 15 years ago.
It was his 1st week after retirement in Thailand.

Meet and married in 1 week.
He is 72 years old and she is 28 years now.
They are the best couple if you meet them.
No physical attraction, but taking care of each other.

On the topic if there is any attraction or whatever, most of the Muslim marriages are made between 2 people who never have seen eachother before and were married at birth.
Still, they keep married troughout their life and the woman take care of their husband.
No need for physical attraction but taking care of each other.
The law of SURVIVAL.