Freed Israeli hostage Mia Schem says 'EVERYONE in Gaza is a terrorist' and that she 'went through a holocaust'

CharlieH

image.png

Freed Israeli hostage Mia Schem has broken her silence to share a harrowing account of captivity in Gaza, following her release at the end of last month.

Schem, 21, spent 54 days as a prisoner in the Palestinian enclave after being shot and taken hostage at the Nova festival massacre in southern Israel on October 7, before finally being released as part of a ceasefire and swap on November 30.

In her first interview since her release, she told Israeli outlet Channel 13 'I wanted to project the real situation about the people living in Gaza, who they really are and about what I've been through over there.'

'I went through a holocaust,' she said. 'Everyone over there is a terrorist.'

Schem, a French-Israeli tattoo-artist from Shoham in central Israel, claimed that she was held with a civilian family, with children, while in Gaza. 

'It is families under the Hamas regime, you know. I realised that I was staying with a family. And then I start asking myself questions… why am I staying with a family? Why are there children here? Why is there a woman here?'

Before she was freed, she was made to film a video speaking about her experience, in which she said: 'People very good, very kind to me... Food good and the kindness and everything good.'

The report was made headlines as it contradicted accounts of other hostages who recounted abuse in captivity, prompting concerns she had been made to speak against her will.

Mia Schem became one of the most high-profile captives after Hamas released a video in the early days of the conflict showing her recovering from surgery.

In the clip, Schem said in Hebrew that 'everything is fine', that she received medical treatment for injuries, and pleaded for her release.

FULL STORY

MAILONLINE.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Morch said:

@billd766

What's boring, repetitive, and meaningless are your posts, in which there are only bad Israelis, and good Palestinians.

Even in a post detailing the what hostage went through, you can't let it go.

She had her arm operated on off by a vet, without anesthesia.

What is wrong with you?

Another disgraceful flame. You re out of order now. Bill's post was accurate.

• Confused 5
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

12 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

In your eyes maybe, the young lady went through living hell and not knowing if she would be killed, but some posters still find a way to excuse the vile actions of the terrorists.

Shame on you!

Well unfortunately some are either blind and ignorant in a complete state of denial, or are in total support of the terrorist, they have no shame just as what the terrorist did shamelessly. It’s a psychosis mental disorder.

Edited by novacova
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, novacova said:

What I like most about these Israel/Hamas threads is that it shows the true nature of individuals. There is no grey area, it’s one or the other.

Exactly, there is no sitting on the fence here:

'We know they were raped in Hamas captivity': Chilling details of what hostages faced

Two Israeli doctors, who have been treating released hostages, and an Israeli military official familiar with the matter confirmed to USA TODAY that some released hostages revealed they suffered violent sexual assaults in captivity.

One of the doctors assessed that "many" of the released Israeli female hostages ages 12 to 48 − there are about 30 of them − were sexually assaulted while held by Hamas in Gaza.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2023/12/20/hamas-sexual-violence-rape-hostages-oct-7/71917113007/

• Like 1

Just now, ozimoron said:

Some blame Hamas and some blame both sides. There's nobody else here.

Are you high, what are you talking about, just more of your twisted mish mash that only makes sense to you. Are you blaming Israel for the Palestians invading them and slaughtering innocent civilians, of course you are because that is what you do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Morch said:

@billd766

What's boring, repetitive, and meaningless are your posts, in which there are only bad Israelis, and good Palestinians.

Even in a post detailing the what hostage went through, you can't let it go.

She had her arm operated on off by a vet, without anesthesia.

What is wrong with you?

I don't blame her one bit for what she said. She went through a horrifying experience. She has license to say whatever she wants to. As for the medical treatment she received, given the horrendous situation for medical care in Gaza, probably she got better treatment than most. 

"Many healthcare facilities have been destroyed by Israeli offensives, with only 25 percent of hospitals functioning and only seven of twenty-two UN Relief and Works Agency for Palestinian Refugees (UNRWA) health centers operating. Doctors have reported needing to give cesareans without anesthetic and being forced to conduct emergency hysterectomies without the proper medical equipment."

https://www.cfr.org/blog/women-week-details-october-7-reveal-sexual-violence

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I don't blame her one bit for what she said. She went through a horrifying experience. She has license to say whatever she wants to. As for the medical treatment she received, given the horrendous situation for medical care in Gaza, probably she got better treatment than most. 

"Many healthcare facilities have been destroyed by Israeli offensives, with only 25 percent of hospitals functioning and only seven of twenty-two UN Relief and Works Agency for Palestinian Refugees (UNRWA) health centers operating. Doctors have reported needing to give cesareans without anesthetic and being forced to conduct emergency hysterectomies without the proper medical equipment."

https://www.cfr.org/blog/women-week-details-october-7-reveal-sexual-violence

As for the medical treatment she received, given the horrendous situation for medical care in Gaza, probably she got better treatment than most.

What are you talking about she was operated on by a vet with no anesthetic whose only words to her were "You will not make it out alive" 

She was taken hostage on the 7th Oct, shot in the arm by one of the terrorists on her way to Gaza, spent 2 days in a room, not a hospital ward before then getting treatment. Nearly all if not all hospitals were fully operational then.

"Better treatment than most"    .....jeez

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1