Dismiss "Wokeness" - Stop doing business with people who hate you and your traditional values

2 minutes ago, impulse said:

When it comes to romantic wokeism*, my favorites are the 300 pounders screaming misogyny when they spend more lonely nights at home than their 130 pound friends.

or  the ugly feminists complaining on behalf of the attractive ones who get wolf whistled at,  which I believe is a hate crime  now in the UK

• Like 1

I'm not going to encourage him by quoting him, and we all know who it is,   but is the origin of "racism" really the product of a "sick mind" or "  "psychopathic behaviour"  or "narcissism"  or is it a more deeply rooted survival instinct from the past.

People rightly or wrongly generally seek the company of others similar to themselves,  Invaders from foreign countries often look different, one way or the other,   To this day a stranger in a small village will be identified, and may be regarded, initially, at least, with curiosity or suspicion.  Just the way somebody speaks  , their accent, can have the same effect.  Our  baser survival   instincts may not be as important to our survival as they once were, but they are deeply rooted and for good reason

The way a white lab rat, after generations of selective breeding,  displays no fear of a cat , is evidence of what can happen when survival instincts are removed    Gays supporting Hamas is another

• Like 1

I have to say that this has been the absolute best debate I have ever participated in on ASEAN, and thanks to the mods who let its get on with it.

Personally I enjoy disagreement and usually play a devil's advocate role in debates. "Agreeing to disagree" is the greatest thing.

But has anyone changed their views here today,  I think probably not.

Often we are concerned about how right we are, and  I think it would serve us all to question ourselves and our views. How do we know what we know? Do we in fact know what we know? 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

"Woke" is the silly passion of a small, albeit vocal, minority of the far left, while far far more ubiquitous is the absurd "Alternative Facts", fascism and lies of the right.

The first is an irritant that may well already be long in the tooth, while the latter threatens the very foundations upon which all good has emerged---perhaps since Locke and Rousseau---and certainly through the Founders, who set the new nation of the USA on a path toward "a more perfect Union". The cult of personality that is the refuge of the failed, the forlorn, the losers of society---people incapable of accepting personal responsibility for their abject failure at life---could destroy what infinitely superior people, through hard work and sacrifice, built up over 250 years. Far more dangerous is the insane ramblings of the quintessential loser, who now has even adopted hate speech and even Orwellian doublespeak, that resonates with his loser cult. Give the forlorn an excuse for their failures, give them a target to blame, and become their messiah.

The vernacular of "Woke" may be the opposite of what it states in many ways, and to a great extent---like the Cult of Personality on the other side---it tries to re-manufacture or redefine reality (e.g., there is absolutely nothing 'body positive' about obesity; it is merely an excuse for laziness, lack of discipline and self-control, as it is with ALL fat people, whether woke or of the Cult of Orange Blubberbutt).

What the Cult of Personality represents was best expressed by the now-disgraced former "America's Mayor" Giuliani, when he said, "Truth isn't truth". Hence, a free and fair election was 'stolen', phone calls with obvious ulterior and self-serving motives are 'perfect', the 'best economy ever' isn't even in the top 30% since WWII ended (even before Covid), a silly clownish man-child can create NFT playing cards where he is portrayed as everything he never was and never could be, an independent govt entity is 'biased' when every witness related to major criminal charges was of the same Party and even part of the Administration of the alleged felon, and where people encouraged to 'march to the Capitol", and to 'fight like Hell', when all that was happening is a pro forma confirmation of free and fair election results, and who subsequently attacked and injured 137 law enforcement officers and threatened to hang the VP, were 'just typical tourists' and have now become---in the bizarre ramblings of the wounded loser---"hostages".

"Woke" proponents speak of 'inclusion' and 'fairness' when neither is their actual goal, while the Cult pines for a 'greatness' that never existed in fact, while it tries to run to ground where their ilk is awarded the kind of privilege their (lack of) skills and talents do not deserve. Nobody wins those wars and all either does is increase the inefficiency of society. Merit becomes meaningless. The difference is that one can be fixed while the other will completely destroy everything good about the society, because it is based purely on hate and its goal is destruction. Its vernacular include violent words like 'stolen', 'deranged', 'radical, 'rot in Hell', 'vermin' and 'spoiling the blood'. Also, the 'woke' are verbally violent and address transgressors to their dogma by 'cancelling', while the Cult addresses infidels and apostates to its dogma through physical threats, genuine violence, and calls for retribution.

The cited author recommends not doing business with woke. I will neither do business nor spend a satang on anyone who is a member of the Cult.

Edited by Walker88
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, impulse said:

That blacks have a statistically higher probability of legal problems isn't racist.  It's a documented fact.  12.5% of the population and 33-36% of the arrests.  Or do you believe the wokies that try to convince us they're being picked on?

Nah they cite it as evidence of institutionalised racism  instead,  and the only way of ending it apparently is to employ an army of   "diversity consultants"    many of whom  are, astonishingly,   paid more than  twice as much as the prime minister.

The national health service has had its own problems, waiting lists over two years long , being just one symptom of chronic mis management

guess what the answer was, yep another army of diversity consultants paid more than consultants and surgeons.

There appears to be just too much  taxpayers money available at these publicly funded services for the "problems " to ever be allowed to be solved. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, retarius said:

You sound like YOU think that western nations are morally superior to others. Isn't that racism???? Yes of course it is, measuring others by your own standards. Who says your standards are moral or ethical? Certainly, not me. 

You could also read that as I don't know what laws non western nations have on the books.

I don't subscribe to moral, that's a religious thing, ethical yes. The ethical higher ground is disdaining hate speech.

A majority of developed democracies have laws that restrict hate speech, including Australia, Canada,[23] Denmark, France, Germany, India, South Africa, Sweden, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom.[24] In the United Kingdom, Article 10 of the Human Rights Act 1998 expands on the UDHR, stating that restrictions on freedom of expression would be permitted when it threatens national security, incites racial or religious hatred, causes individual harm on health or morals, or threatens the rights and reputations of individuals.[25] The United States does not have hate speech laws, since the U.S. Supreme Court has repeatedly ruled that laws criminalizing hate speech violate the guarantee to freedom of speech contained in the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.[9]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_speech

Edited by ozimoron
  • Confused 1

Woke apparently came from Leadbelly

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woke

Go to Alabama and ya better watch out
The landlord'll get ya, gonna jump and shout
Scottsboro Scottsboro Scottsboro boys
Tell ya what it all about

Tell ya what it all about

I'm gonna talk to Joe Louis
And it all angered me
Don't even try to think about it
Alabama ree

Tell ya all about

Tell ya all about

I'm gonna tell all the colored people
Even the old nigga here
Don't ya ever go to Alabama
And try to live
You might also like
ballad of a homeschooled girl
Olivia Rodrigo
PERRO NEGRO
Bad Bunny & Feid
Is It Over Now? (Taylor’s Version) [From The Vault]
Taylor Swift
Gon' tell ya all about

Tell ya all about

Tell ya all about

Livin' in Harlem swing
Just try to sing

Gon' tell ya all about

Tell it all about
Livin' in Harlem swing
Just try to sing

Tell what it's all about

Tell what it's all about

Sometimes I watched podcasts like JRE.

Sometime there are "normal" people. They have a conversation like they could have had 10 or 20 years ago.

And then there are some people who seem live on the internet all the time. This was on twitter and that on reddit and this was viral and so and so was cancelled and all that. And then maybe they talk about what can be done against those trends and whatever.

There is an easy solution: Live in the real world, don't care what some idiots on the internet do or don't do, and enjoy life.

With the woke: I saw enough idiots like that on the internet, and comments about them, and strategies, and and and.

But in real life I don't think I ever met any of these woke idiots. Maybe one of them walked on the other side of the street, and he ignored me, and I ignored him. That's about it.

Let's just ignore all those idiots. Problem solved.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Spot on Rickie takes no prisoners- he's right it is their own fault.

I knew a woman who got fat because she suffered from mental illness. I guess I should have called her out in public and earned some money off youtube.

Anyway, woke isn't about fat.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Confused 1

I can understand the terms <deleted> and negro are offensive, although apparently the first term is used quite freely within the racial group itself.

It's when the term black is no longer acceptable, and is replaced by the unwieldy African-American, I start calling BS.

It's the same in Australia, Aborigine has been replaced by the term Koori.

Canada, it's First Nations.

Where does it end? The Normans making restitution to the Saxons, perhaps? Are there any Picts left for a Saxon apology?

To me, it's the tail wagging the dog.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I knew a woman who got fat because she suffered from mental illness. I guess I should have called her out in public and earned some money off youtube.

Apparently, it is a woke issue - it's called fat acceptance.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/conormurray/2023/06/21/why-are-people-fighting-over-bmi-conservatives-call-doctors-group-woke-for-questioning-obesity-measure/?sh=1ce61a224224

20 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Just proof that conservative voters are only marginally literate. Woke has nothing to do with obesity.

2 minutes ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Anti-white, and these days also anti-Jewish. Zero tolerance for racist "woke" idiots.

Go woke and go broke :1zgarz5:

Curiously, being "woke" is about understanding that being anti Jewish is racist. You you believe that simple truism you are ... woke. Congratulations.

• Confused 1

40 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

It has become so.  Originally meant (as you pointed out) "with an understanding of black history and issues related to the history".

It's been co-opted by every cabal.  In this case, "with an understanding of, and sympathy to, the challenges faced by the obese" 

Or the (name your oppressed group de jour).  Whether they're really oppressed or not. 

1 hour ago, Bday Prang said:

There appears to be just too much  taxpayers money available at these publicly funded services for the "problems " to ever be allowed to be solved. 

It's become a lucrative business, on both sides of the pond.

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Curiously, being "woke" is about understanding that being anti Jewish is racist. You you believe that simple truism you are ... woke. Congratulations.

Maybe many years ago. These days being "woke" is just another name for being intensely racist towards whites, Jews, and anything that's successful and fruitful.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, impulse said:

It has become so.  Originally meant (as you pointed out) "with an understanding of black history and issues related to the history".

It's been co-opted by every cabal.  In this case, "with an understanding of, and sympathy to, the challenges faced by the obese" 

Or the (name your oppressed group de jour).  Whether they're really oppressed or not. 

It hasn't become so. Just because the extreme right wing wish to use it as a dog whistle code word doesn't mean it's meaning has changed. Read the dictionary for a change.

1 minute ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Maybe many years ago. These days being "woke" is just another name for being intensely racist towards whites, Jews, and anything that's successful and fruitful.

Stunning. You believe it means the precise polar opposite of what the word actually means.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

About the only time I hear the term "woke" is on this forum, and almost 100% of the time the discussion has been raised by right-wing nut jobs who have been worked into a tizzy by right-wing nut job media. What an earlier poster wrote about this being a wedge issue designed to distract people from more serious social inequality issues and to pit the underclass against one another is spot on.

Don't forget the nut-job anti-vaccine and science angle as well, the OG poster is always posting easily debunked bs about vaccines on here. He all about feels over facts. 

• Agree 1

55 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

There is an easy solution: Live in the real world, don't care what some idiots on the internet do or don't do, and enjoy life.

With the woke: I saw enough idiots like that on the internet, and comments about them, and strategies, and and and.

But in real life I don't think I ever met any of these woke idiots. Maybe one of them walked on the other side of the street, and he ignored me, and I ignored him. That's about it.

Let's just ignore all those idiots.

But it's not just the interweb.  Folks in Thailand are generally shielded, but not so much in the west. 

Like the fidiots blocking traffic to protest climate change, or Israel.  People being accosted on the street for wearing an "offensive" red hat.  Service people getting beat up because they misgendered a customer (when they really got the gender right).  And myriad of other offenses that weren't offensive, certainly not when I was growing up.  Some of them even ending up in jail, fired, or worse.

• Like 1