You are the prize! She is not. It's about you, not her. Change your attitude!

19 hours ago, DudleySquat said:

C'mon, most of us are much better educated and traveled. Most pretty Thai women know nothing of the world because they only care about Thailand. They typically have no critical thinking skills as they are taught to be good robots and never question authority. 

Are you confused about who we are discussing? 

It's hard to be well educated and traveled when the average income is/ was 9,000 baht a month.

18 hours ago, VinnieK said:

In Thailand, you are NOT the prize.

The culture is so xenophobic at heart, despite the skin-deep 'friendliness'.

They teach them at school that khon Thai is the dog's b0ll0cks.

Never been colonized etc etc.

I never saw any real preference for farangs here unless they target your  money.

Real preference would be if rich women would go for poor farangs.

They never do.

In recent years I have been targeting a demographic close to my age (50-60)

You cannot imagine how delusional these old hags are.

They still expect you to be the provider even if they have money. 😂

When I point that I could get a 30 yr old if I was prepared to 'provide', they go crazy.

I have never ever been so desperate that I'd go for a granny- not that I'm accusing you of being desperate.

10 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Would point out the very highest of high class Thai women married a white American guy.

One case does not a rule make.

I bet he wasn't some fat bald older guy wearing a t shirt, shorts and flip flops

10 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Putting aside money, appearance and age, a reason why some expat types may not be seen as an attractive option is their thinking - their perception of superiority based on not much and their outspokenness and extreme opinions on politics, social issues and world news, culminating in a tendency towards conspiracy theories. Strong opinions that are not open to suggestion. Stubborn. Boring. Not fun for girls who want to have fun.  A fair few of this type. 

I've seen many BGs with farangs in bars that appear to be hanging on every word the farang is emoting. One doesn't need to be psychic to guess that they a/ don't understand what the farang is talking about b/ don't care c/ think he's just a boring old f**t but he is paying so she'll put up with it and play along.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Homburg said:

Controversial, post.  Good for generating site traffic.  All ladies are different, some may fit the OP's world view, others may not, some may bring positives to your life, others neutral or even negative, so as Michael Conrad immortally put it, "Let's be careful out there!". 

Hill Street Blues was the cheese of US cop shows. It was the show I took out a mortgage extension to buy a VDO recorder for ( in the early 80s a VDO recorder cost a small fortune ).

In a very small win for man kind, when I left she took over the mortgage, so she ended up paying for it ( I took it with me ).

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/5/2024 at 12:06 AM, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Amazing how many loser self-defeating foreigners live in Thailand. You are ABSOLUTELY the prize when compared with other options most women here have. True that you can't get any woman you want, and if she's young and attractive she will have more choices, but there's just SO MANY women here who are very attractive yet cannot find a mate due to societal reasons (single mom, over 30, etc) that the pool of options for a falang here are virtually endless.

I do agree with this...

On 1/5/2024 at 12:06 AM, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Obviously you should work out, take care of yourself, and strive to bring more to the table than money - but if you take care of yourself the dating pool is probably the best in the world (for us) here

...but I don't really agree with this.

Vast majority of woman here are either pea-brained hillbillies or pea-brained princesses, both of whom bring virtually nothing to the table in a relationship.

They are unreliable and untrustworthy; utterly feckless.

Sure, they look okay, I'll give them that. If you are just looking for a pump n' dump, well you've hit the jackpot with a thousand baht or so.

I don't think you gain much here by hitting the gym or wearing fancy clothes - I mean you shouldn't look like a hobo either, but you don't have to do anything fancy  - unless you are really trying to attract the tiny minority of decent people here, and even most of them are fakers.........and even at that I think they look at status, education,  race, and affluence more than a beer belly, thinning hair, or wrinkles.

Edited by FruitPudding

9 minutes ago, Mike Lister said:

I think it's you that needs to change their attitude, you appear to view local girls as merchandise.

Only the ones who sell themselves,  and for your information,  I am not into prostitution.

That's their culture, not mine.

9 minutes ago, Mike Lister said:

What I see there is a picture of a couple of pretty local girls. Who they are, what sort of people they are, what they believe in, how they treat others, are thy decent human beings etc etc....I dunno and neither do you so quit the steriotypes.

Stereotypes exist for a reason.

People from my country have stereotypes too and there's some truth in them.

There's such a thing as cultural traits, you know.

15 minutes ago, Mike Lister said:

I think it's you that needs to change their attitude, you appear to view local girls as merchandise. What I see there is a picture of a couple of pretty local girls. Who they are, what sort of people they are, what they believe in, how they treat others, are thy decent human beings etc etc....I dunno and neither do you so quit the steriotypes.

Local girls don't dress like that.

Out of town girls who work bar and massage places do.

1 minute ago, hotandsticky said:

If you want to judge the content of the book by its cover, you can, but it doesn't mean....well you know what it means.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

Only the ones who sell themselves,  and for your information,  I am not into prostitution.

That's their culture, not mine.

Stereotypes exist for a reason.

People from my country have stereotypes too and there's some truth in them.

There's such a thing as cultural traits, you know.

Prostitution is not part of Thai culture, it's a function of Thai economics!

Cultural traits, do you even understand what you're talking about!

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Mike Lister said:

The Thai attitude to sex is cultural. It may be driven by economics but is cultural.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

The Thai attitude to sex is cultural. It may be driven by economics but is cultural.

3 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Just a statement of fact.

Nonsense on both points.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, FruitPudding said:

Seriously guys, is this a prize?

Is this who you think you should try to impress?

Honestly, what do you see here?

images (22).jpeg

The one on the right is attractive, slim and female, possessing female bits. I'd be as happy as a sandboy in a very large pile of sand to wake up next to her in the morning.

What sort of mind does anyone have to denigrate someone like that based on a photo? I hate to think.

2 hours ago, Mike Lister said:

Prostitution has probably been part of every culture since humans came together in communities. Ergo prostitution is a cultural part of every society.

2 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

You can see what they are wearing below the waist??????? Must be seeing a different photo. T shirts like that are entirely normal wear for Thai women. Do you even live in LOS?

15 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

You know nothing......................but keep pretending that you do.

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

and your reason for saying that is? I'm agog to know.

Far too much stupidity and generalization here, as if several of the girls on beach road are wealthy Thais with good jobs who practice their after hours profession, because it's the culturally correct thing to do in Thailand.

As if the RTP ignore those same girls, because they understand it's the culture in Thailand.

As if anyone who wears the outlifts worn by some bar girls is automatically a prostitute and a bad person of no moral character rather than a rural uneducated farm girl from upcountry with few options and a family deep in debt.

If you want to see hookers, go look at the red light district in Leeds, Amsterdam or Berlin, there the girls' have choices and an economy that provides options and they chose their profession.

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Prostitution has probably been part of every culture since humans came together in communities. Ergo prostitution is a cultural part of every society.

If it's part of every culture it's not cultural, it's part of being human!!!

1 hour ago, Mike Lister said:

Prostitution is not part of Thai culture, it's a function of Thai economics 

Oh yeah, cos in other countries it's perfectly normal to have massage parlors and karaoke bars that offer happy endings on virtually every corner.

I suppose it's also perfectly normal in other countries for regular women with proper jobs to have a part-time job as a sideline/freelance hooker.

There are 25 million adult women in Thailand and an estimated 1 million of them are in the sex industry. That's really quite high. It's 4% of women here, actually! And if we were to discount the over 50s (or even 60s) women, the percentage would be far far higher, obviously.

Oh and yeah.....the traditional dowry. What's that really about? Putting a monetary value on a woman, lol? Is that not a cultural thing?

You can't deny that prostitution is generally accepted and not condidered immoral in Thailand. 

Just now, FruitPudding said:

Oh yeah, cos in other countries it's perfectly normal to have massage parlors and karaoke bars that offer happy endings on virtually every corner.

I suppose it's also perfectly normal in other countries for regular women with proper jobs to have a part-time job as a sideline/freelance hooker.

There are 25 million adult women in Thailand and an estimated 1 million of them are in the sex industry. That's really quite high. It's 4% of women here, actually! And if we were to discount the over 50s (or even 60s) women, the percentage would be far far higher, obviously.

Oh and yeah.....the traditional dowry. What's that really about? Putting a monetary value on a woman, lol? Is that not a cultural thing?

You can't deny that prostitution is generally accepted and not condidered immoral in Thailand. 

Whooosh, went the point!

22 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

Before prostitution and brothels were legalised in NZ, most if not all massage parlours offered happy endings.  They may not have been on every corner, but that isn't true in Thailand either, despite some on here making stuff up.

34 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The one on the right is attractive, slim and female, possessing female bits. I'd be as happy as a sandboy in a very large pile of sand to wake up next to her in the morning.

Well, up to you. I suppose we are all different. 

34 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

What sort of mind does anyone have to denigrate someone like that based on a photo? I hate to think.

Well, it's funny when people on here do it to fat, old, bald, ugly farang wearing sandals and a vest, isn't it?

And I didn't degenerate anyone. I asked if these are the women whom we should be putting on a pedestal as some kind of prize.

It's just a photo of two typical Thai women, nothing degrading. 

On 1/4/2024 at 8:38 PM, DudleySquat said:

It amazes me how you all set the bar.  All the nonsense posters with nothing to say project BETA Male.

Simps - that I believe is the modern term for a Beta male.  We used to say some blokes are 'pussy whipped' but these days the Simps are far worse.

To all newbies and wanna be newbies - Dudley is right. I have seen over the years so many 'simps' get taken for a ride, because they are thinking like they are back in the west where they have been hammered for decades to think that the girl is the prize.  The exact opposite exists here in Thailand - and there are lots of good Thai girls who are looking for a good Expat - but you wont find them in bars etc.