You are the prize! She is not. It's about you, not her. Change your attitude!

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Not sure what the disagreement is about, I thought your woman looked a fairly fit lady in her early 40s, similar to mine (late 40s).

Nothing negative in my post about her. Sorry if I upset you (although don't know why you are upset).

As for my wife, same one for the past 14 years, and I've never posted a photo showing her face.

You posted a picture of a woman in a sari, face shown, claiming that was your wife who was obsessed with Indian culture. 
Fairly fit ☺️ The point is, in good shape, intelligent, talented and no payment involved. The sad thing is that you focus only on meat. Outward appearance with no mention of anything else. That is because there is nothing else. That is the point. Choosing relationships based on sex and money and then hating women for it. No! You created that relationship. 

7 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Not sure what the disagreement is about, I thought your woman looked a fairly fit lady in her early 40s, similar to mine (late 40s).

Nothing negative in my post about her. Sorry if I upset you (although don't know why you are upset).

As for my wife, same one for the past 14 years, and I've never posted a photo showing her face.

Of course there was something negative in your post. There was no reason to judge nor mention her age at all. It was just a nasty and ungentlemanly thing to do in any case. If you wanted to know, you could have just asked me. But you have long let go of any standards you might have held.  Age doesn’t come into it. One is a real relationship and the other would no longer  exist if her allowance stopped. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, NextG said:

Of course there was something negative in your post. There was no reason to judge nor mention her age at all. It was just a nasty and ungentlemanly thing to do in any case. If you wanted to know, you could have just asked me. But you have long let go of any standards you might have held.  Age doesn’t come into it. One is a real relationship and the other would no longer  exist if her allowance stopped. 

It's all in your mind!

You claim a vast amount of experience with respectable 'age appropriate' women

If you are in your 20s or 30s that 'vast experience' couldn't have happened.

Experience comes to those in their 40s, 50s, 60s closely followed by dementia.

Which really puts you/her both in your 40s or older.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thumbs Up 1

47 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

It's all in your mind!

You claim a vast amount of experience with respectable 'age appropriate' women

If you are in your 20s or 30s that 'vast experience' couldn't have happened.

Experience comes to those in their 40s, 50s, 60s closely followed by dementia.

Which really puts you/her both in your 40s or older.

Yes, it’s in my mind, as it is in yours. But some of us adhere to certain standards and keep them stable and sustainable throughout. 
You to yours and me to mine. But not the same. 
You are writing nonsense about age and absolute nonsense with regard to your assertion that I claimed ‘vast experience’. Please link to any post where I have claimed what you suggest. You are just trying to dig yourself out of the nasty hole that you dug. There was no need to speculate about her age at all. You just proved yourself to be a disgusting specimen of a man…. in my mind. 
I guess you’ve found your level. 

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

One this is for sure, the only prize @DudleySquat could be would be the booby prize.

I would be horrified if one of my Thai daughters brought someone home like him.

You don't know who I am. If you do, could you identify me?  Please do it. You have my permission. 

Your posts become foolish. Stop trying so hard.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I had a girlfriend in UK who was managing director of a big media company and i was in banking. We bought a house together and had big expensive holidays flying business class and boarding cruise ships. She treated me to a weekend in seville and also disneyland paris.

When you have 2 very independent people who don't need anything from each other - that may sound ideal, but in practice it was not. 

Maybe the opposite works better.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, pomchop said:

I walked through soi buakhaow last night and saw barstool after stool fitted with a lot of PRIZES...maybe some of the girls are smart enough to wring all the juice out of the prize then send them to the next bar stool and go back to their villages where they don't need to suck up or suck off some old man who thinks he is a prize?

Never ceases to entertain me how so many supposedly educated well traveled super successful  men come to thailand and get taken to the cleaners by a thai gal with a 5th grade education.  Ah the male ego which tells him he is indeed a prize to all women.

You make too many assumptions.

I sense some woeful, even debilitating insecurity, on the part of those who claim they are "prizes" or "Alpha" types. It seems almost Dunning-Kreuger-ish.

If they're so Alpha, why the need to rant to all of us "Simps" and Betas regarding what we need to do or how we have to view ourselves? What difference does it make to these Alphas? Also, wouldn't it be better if they kept their thoughts to themselves, lest we, too, become Alphas and thus compete with them for the best of the best? Isn't it "good to be the King"? I really am too cynical to think these folks handing out advice to turn us into Alphas Like Us are just so altruistic.

In my apparent Simpish-ness, I don't view myself as any prize. I certainly don't view myself as superior to Thai women. Yes, I am luckier...no doubt about that...but my circumstances of birth and the incredible opportunities that afforded me do not make me superior. Maybe the proverbial Isaan farmgirl, had she been born with my circumstances, would have outperformed me. There is no contrafactual data to determine that. I am who I am largely---exclusively, perhaps---because of where, when and how I was born. Dr Robert Sapolsky of Stanford University has a term 'The Myth of the Self-made Man' (Sapolsky does not believe in free will). Objectively I can look at myself and see lots of positives---tall, fit, athletic, multi-millionaire in my 20s, advanced degrees from the US' preeminent universities---but if I am honest, I accept that in a relative sense I began life on 3rd base. I had nothing to do with the traits that allowed me to succeed in this world. It was easy to score from 3rd base, and it's merely an accident of birth. It doesn't make me a prize.

Acceptance of my own dumb luck allows me to view each person---to stay with the thread, Thai women---as individuals with both good and bad, having dealt with luck both good and bad. We are equal. Of course that doesn't mean I can let down my guard, but it does mean I would be silly to view myself as some prize. The guy who insists he's a prize, but who really is insecure, is easy to manipulate. A former US President comes to mind as one manipulated by few 'love letters' and gratuitous compliments.)

Unlike some here, I could consider a relationship with just about any Thai woman, hi-so or Isaan farmgirl who ended up in a bar, because the bottom line is what she is individually and how she addressed the circumstances of her own birth and life. No matter her background, it's up to me to vett and decide if she has the qualities I find attractive in a person. The hi-so could turn out to be a conniving, self-serving Narcissist out to siphon off my wealth and leave me bone dry, while the Isaan farmgirl could be a salt of the Earth....and vice versa. If I do her any favor it would be bringing respect to any relationship, not me viewing myself as some prize. If I've vetted well, I won't lose.

So, Mr OP, you do you and let us do us. Better for you anyway if we're all Simps and Betas, as that will leave more 'good women' for you, in addition to not-so-good women who will subsequently possess our wealth. Maybe you can use those women as middlemen to siphon off the wealth of us Simps, and since you're such a prize and so superior, it should be easy for you to take from those 'uneducated, barefoot, lowlife' farmgirls.

Edited by Walker88
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

So, Mr OP, you do you and let us do us. Better for you anyway if we're all Simps and Betas, as that will leave more 'good women' for you, in addition to not-so-good women who will subsequently possess our wealth

You make many assumptions. I don't think my having three women will affect your chances. 

15 hours ago, BritManToo said:

My wife is 47, didn't think yours looked much different age wise (this photo taken when she was 46).

Not sure if you're claiming yours is younger or older ........

As answer to your last post, my wife and I have our son, home and pets in common.

IMG_20220629_131146.jpg

You are lucky that she hasn't turned into a land whale by 40.

I assume the toy car is your son's.

11 hours ago, save the frogs said:

Maybe running a business together with their partner would be a good setup for a lot of people. 

It's not always feasible, but ...

Sounds like the stuff of nightmares.

I was always told to never work for family or friends, and still believe that to be gold plated advice.

15 hours ago, NextG said:

You posted a picture of a woman in a sari, face shown, claiming that was your wife who was obsessed with Indian culture. 
Fairly fit ☺️ The point is, in good shape, intelligent, talented and no payment involved. The sad thing is that you focus only on meat. Outward appearance with no mention of anything else. That is because there is nothing else. That is the point. Choosing relationships based on sex and money and then hating women for it. No! You created that relationship. 

Sex is the point so obviously the "meat" is important.

The hating is for women that don't keep their side of the bargain ( sex for security ) and want it all.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, NextG said:

The reality is that they already devalued themselves by hitching themselves to such people in the first place. Birds of a feather and all that. Too late to demand respect afterwards. I don’t ever give money to women unless it’s a birthday or some such. 
It’s completely different if she is bringing up your children, then you do what needs to be done for your family. But paying for love? That’s too sad. 

We don't pay for love, we pay for sex.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Sounds like the stuff of nightmares.

I was always told to never work for family or friends, and still believe that to be gold plated advice.

It works well for some.

If you insist on tainting every relationship thread with negativity based on your own past experiences ... go for it. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, DudleySquat said:

Why show an old Thai man?

The alternative, with high value western heritage, may look more like this.  Not exactly an upgrade.

image.png.24cb03156121883e0cc45b2b429ef102.png

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Sex is the point so obviously the "meat" is important.

The hating is for women that don't keep their side of the bargain ( sex for security ) and want it all.

So you hate a certain kind of prostitute…

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

We don't pay for love, we pay for sex.

That’s a description of a ‘John’. So many here see it as normal. They get themselves into the same bind time and time again. Only, they downgrade to a cheaper option each time. Too late to learn new tricks, so they just settle for what they can afford.

On the other hand, a good proportion of the relationships around the world are not based on love nor compatibility at all. So many here are not alone in their choices. 

I don’t settle for less than the best(for me) and money doesn’t enter the equation. Wow betide those who base their relationships solely on that. 

1 hour ago, NextG said:

That’s a description of a ‘John’. So many here see it as normal.

It's always been normal, see Biffault's Law.

the female, not the male, determines all the conditions of the animal family. Where the female can derive no benefit from association with the male, no such association takes place.”

Briffault continues with these three corollaries to his law:

1. Even though a woman has accrued past benefits from her relationship with a man, this is no guarantee of her continuing the relationship with him. (Translation: What have you done for me lately?)
2. If a woman promises a man to continue her relationship with him in the future in exchange for a benefit received from him today, her promise becomes null and void as soon as the benefit is rendered. (“I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.“)
3. A man’s promise of a future benefit has limited ability to secure a continuing relationship with a woman, and his promise carries weight with her only to the extent that the woman’s wait for the benefit is short and to the extent that she trusts him to keep his promise.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

The alternative, with high value western heritage, may look more like this.  Not exactly an upgrade.

image.png.24cb03156121883e0cc45b2b429ef102.png

Your mistake is thinking a man's appearance matters to a woman.

It might in a 1 off club slut sex encounter, but normally they don't care what you look like.

A pair of expensive Nike trainers and a real Rolex are far more important 'attractors' to women than a good body.

Edited by BritManToo

10 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

It's always been normal, see Biffault's Law.

the female, not the male, determines all the conditions of the animal family. Where the female can derive no benefit from association with the male, no such association takes place.”

Briffault continues with these three corollaries to his law:

1. Even though a woman has accrued past benefits from her relationship with a man, this is no guarantee of her continuing the relationship with him. (Translation: What have you done for me lately?)
2. If a woman promises a man to continue her relationship with him in the future in exchange for a benefit received from him today, her promise becomes null and void as soon as the benefit is rendered. (“I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.“)
3. A man’s promise of a future benefit has limited ability to secure a continuing relationship with a woman, and his promise carries weight with her only to the extent that the woman’s wait for the benefit is short and to the extent that she trusts him to keep his promise.

What has he to do with anything? Is he navigating through my relationships? 
I would substitute ‘female’ for ‘lowest common denominator’. In other words, if you have an overly nervous female, that going to bring your quality of life down to that level. Unless you are more nervous yourself, then you are going to be controlled by a nervous female. 
With good reason you keep control of your household. In the hands of a nervous irrational female… or male for that matter. 
Some of us navigate a different path. One where we can make a friend and keep a friend. But instead of money, we use time. Far more precious. Only people who appreciate that can join the club. 

8 minutes ago, NextG said:

One where we can make a friend and keep a friend. But instead of money, we use time. Far more precious. Only people who appreciate that can join the club. 

I never have sex with friends.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, save the frogs said:

It works well for some.

If you insist on tainting every relationship thread with negativity based on your own past experiences ... go for it. 

I've never worked for family or friends, as I sometimes take my own advice. I did go wrong on the "never lend money to family or friends" though and got royally screwed by a 30 year friend- definitely an ex friend now.

If you want all happiness and light and singing kumbayah around the camp fire you are sure on the wrong forum.

5 hours ago, save the frogs said:

It works well for some.

Why pick on me? There are other posters more negative about women than I.

Try starting a "why are you happy" thread then if it's a problem for you.

• Haha 1