Would you buy a BYD EV?

The problem is just not restricted to BYD.

From the same youtube posters, this video seems to imply safety standards in China, are a as most expect.

The push for profits seems to have no limits, just beware of what you buy or drive.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

This is a duplicate post by the same OP, the original being 2nd April 2023.  It is pushing his evangelical anti EV opinion with false data.

As was covered in that original thread, multiple sources of statistics including the US Gov't, put fires in ICE vehicles about 14 times more likely than in an EV.

A simple google search will tell you that the source of this video in an anti CCP outfit and funded by Falun Gong, its videos are clickbait.

There are many members here who are buyers of BYD vehicles, myself included, I have yet to hear of ANY being unhappy.

Same old samo from EV lovers in denial. Just a small piece of info for you concerning your quote. 'As was covered in that original thread, multiple sources of statistics including the US Gov't, put fires in ICE vehicles about 14 times more likely than in an EV.' Have you check lately how many ICE are on the road right now in the world against EVs. Comparing ICE vehicles burning against EVs burning is just pure nonsense. Hey, you enjoy your BYD, I sleep well at nights owning my ICE vehicle.

• Confused 5
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

As an “EVangelist”, I’m pro-EV, not anti-ICEV. Some pro-ICEVs however are anti-EV. Maybe it’s time for dictionaries to redefine the meaning of evangelism.

I’m an ev atheist. Petroleum is everywhere and I put it in everything I drive and nearly everything is dependent on petroleum including ev’s!

Edited by novacova
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, DUNROAMIN said:

Same old samo from EV lovers in denial. Just a small piece of info for you concerning your quote. 'As was covered in that original thread, multiple sources of statistics including the US Gov't, put fires in ICE vehicles about 14 times more likely than in an EV.' Have you check lately how many ICE are on the road right now in the world against EVs. Comparing ICE vehicles burning against EVs burning is just pure nonsense. Hey, you enjoy your BYD, I sleep well at nights owning my ICE vehicle.

Be careful when you travel to Scandinavia, particularly Sweden and Norway. An EV might explode just as you’re walking past, lol.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, novacova said:

Both 100%, thank you. I’ve mandated to not purchase any Chinese products whenever possible, a bit of a learning curve for the wife and now she has a good habit of reading labels and asking questions. Though unfortunately we have no choice. 

Sadly, you will need an open mind to watch this video.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Bassosa said:

Yes I would buy a BYD.

I recently found out that similar irrational sentiments were prevalent in the 70s when the Japanese car manufacturers took over. Japanese cars were said to be no good, yet turned out to be better value, better quality than what the legacy US car makers could produce.

I think something similar is going on here with EVs from China in particular. Fear of the unknown, from a group who by and large are older than average and therefore resistant to change.

'67 Datsun 1600 was the most favoured rally car in Australia for decades.

BYD's have an 8 year warranty on most parts, including body rust and battery.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

'67 Datsun 1600 was the most favoured rally car in Australia for decades.

BYD's have an 8 year warranty on most parts, including body rust and battery.

Nice that they warranty the body rust, how much do they have ?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1