Biden slams Trump for Capitol riot in 2024 campaign speech

CharlieH

7 hours ago, impulse said:

I had never been to Pravda, up until Candide posted his link. 

But I do peruse some right wing stuff that jumped all over the "I understand power" like ducks on a june bug.  You'll have to look for them yourself, because those links usual get taken down by the mods, along with the rest of the post.

I know there were also right-wing sites with the same content. Inusually prefer to cite the original one rather than the followers.

BTW, it's quite instructing to observe that the (far) right wing sites and the Pravda have the same (or similar) content

Edited by candide
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Have those old nutcases all died off now or have they finally had their come to jesus moment? I haven't seen too many mea culpas expressed by qanon nutjobs.

QAnon seems to be losing steam due to a series of bad predictions.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Trump has stated he will be a ‘dictator on day one’.

For one day, Day one , take the starch out of bidens policy ,through the use of the  Executive pen.

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DPRpfNJMpHcc&sa=U&sqi=2&ved=2ahUKEwi3v_WZ8MqDAxWUSGwGHemKC8kQwqsBegQIEBAG&usg=AOvVaw092m1WLzrQ5K28Z_eM6NV5

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, illisdean said:

Yeah he did, but more specifically (Trumps "business's), starting in 2008 with the Chinese for a total of $7.8M for renting hotel rooms in his various hotels and properties all the while Biden's family amsased 10's of millions in payments from foreign companies and other entities asscoiated with the CCP, lied about it, continued to lie about it and cannot explain what these foreign payments bought from the corrupt Bidens? They never sold hotel rooms, provides services as Trump companies did and cannot even provide a reason why these payments were made to Bidens family and even filtered back to benefit Joe as well. Do you see a problem for why and how Biden's family were paid so much money from China and other countries and never reported the income or paid taxes on it? Trump reported all his income from foreign sources and donated profits to the US treasury.

BANG...you got NOTHING....AGAIN.

If you want to go down the emoluments "wabbit" hole, have a look here at your favorite smiling mug.

emolumentsclause_Trump_Politico.jpg.29eee0724e609954400926f07af3fc83.jpg

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/12/21/judge-dismisses-suits-emoluments-312610

Do you understand the ruling, the reason behind it?

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, impulse said:

A) That's old history

B) I didn't live in the USA at the time, so I didn't follow it to form my own opinion

C) I'd have to look at the data behind the survey.  Gotta link?

No reply, of course.....

Same link already posted before! My mistake, it was 46%

https://dcist.com/story/16/12/28/poll/

Another interesting point in this poll, is that more than twice Republicans than Democrats think the 2016 elections have been rigged! The reason being that Trump was furious that he lost the popular vote and claimed millions of illegal votes had been casted! 😅

Screenshot_20240107-100124.png

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, illisdean said:

Yeah he did, but more specifically (Trumps "business's), starting in 2008 with the Chinese for a total of $7.8M for renting hotel rooms in his various hotels and properties all the while Biden's family amsased 10's of millions in payments from foreign companies and other entities asscoiated with the CCP, lied about it, continued to lie about it and cannot explain what these foreign payments bought from the corrupt Bidens? They never sold hotel rooms, provides services as Trump companies did and cannot even provide a reason why these payments were made to Bidens family and even filtered back to benefit Joe as well. Do you see a problem for why and how Biden's family were paid so much money from China and other countries and never reported the income or paid taxes on it? Trump reported all his income from foreign sources and donated profits to the US treasury.

BANG...you got NOTHING....AGAIN.

If you want to go down the emoluments "wabbit" hole, have a look here at your favorite smiling mug.

emolumentsclause_Trump_Politico.jpg.29eee0724e609954400926f07af3fc83.jpg

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/12/21/judge-dismisses-suits-emoluments-312610

So when Hunter, a private citizen, got $1 Million from a private Chinese energy company, he got moneyfrom enemies of the nation (a popular MAGA talking point). But when Trump (while was President and in charge of foreign policy) got $5.4 Million from a bank controlled by the CCP, It's not from enemies of the nation! 🤣

Forbes Estimates China Paid Trump At Least $5.4 Million Since He Took Office, Via Mysterious Trump Tower Lease

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2020/10/23/forbes-estimates-china-paid-trump-at-least-54-million-since-he-took-office-via-mysterious-trump-tower-lease/?sh=e8f0820ed11e

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, impulse said:

Here's a tidbit.  I'm open to the possibility that both parties cheated like crazy in 2020.  And Trump's pissed because he didn't get his money's worth.  But nobody's ever going to convince me it was a clean election.  Too much evidence that it wasn't.  Maybe not enough to change the results, but it wasn't clean.

There is no valid evidence of widespread fraud in the 2020 election.

You have supplied a link to a really stupid report that was filled with lies and half truths.

The real point is that you don't understand how ballots are counted. This is not intended as an insult, because most people don't understand the process. If you did understand, then you woukd know that Trump is lying about election fraud.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, riclag said:

And of course like all dictators he’ll stop there.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, impulse said:

Here's a tidbit.  I'm open to the possibility that both parties cheated like crazy in 2020.  And Trump's pissed because he didn't get his money's worth.  But nobody's ever going to convince me it was a clean election.  Too much evidence that it wasn't.  Maybe not enough to change the results, but it wasn't clean.

Except both parties didn’t 

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

More details uncovered....

After unsuccessfully trying for up to 20 minutes to persuade Trump to release some sort of calming statement, Scavino and others walked out of the dining room, leaving Trump alone, sources said. That's when, according to sources, Trump posted a message on his Twitter account saying that Pence "didn't have the courage to do what should have been done."

Special counsel probe uncovers new details about Trump's inaction on Jan. 6: Sources

https://www.yahoo.com/news/special-counsel-probe-uncovers-details-130200050.html

13 hours ago, sirineou said:

Either reading comprehension issues or a strawman  propaganda device.

"trump has done more to degrade such institutions than anyone and anything "

and you are, IMO, wrong on that, and you have not included anything to prove your claim.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Trump has claimed that the January 6 rioters were Antifa and the FBI.

And, Trump has claimed that the January 6 rioters are patriots and he will pardon them.

Can someone please reconcile these 2 positions?

You need to prove those claims or IMO you are making stuff up again.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1