What is wrong with Thai women (on dating websites) in 2024

15 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

As the title says; on dating websites, Thai women pretending to be single and looking for someone for a (serious) relationship, but once you contact them...

* A very large percentage seem to just look for customers (s*x, videos, etc.), and...

* The ones who then still claim to look for a relationship don't want to meet you if you actually live in Thailand, or don't want to meet at all in person.

What is going on?

Considering that this is purely an online, internet happenstance, it can't be the halitosis.

Edited by NanLaew

8 hours ago, Nemises said:

Disagree! My mate is/will be much better off for marrying a government worker for the huge health care cost benefits - will cost him something like 50 baht for any eventual operation, regardless of duration in hospital. 

She is also a nurse - perfect for his day to day care when required.

She is also incredibly attractive, and oh, about 25 years younger.

Good luck convincing him he is "much better off single".

I've heard of a few horror stories about those that avoided the bar girl trap and were hooked by a respectable, older government worker or teacher who, once they spliced the mainbrace, found themselves obligated to assist with the incredible debt that their 'respectable' partner had amassed prior to marriage due to the easy access to loans and finance that these government workers get.

Plus they gamble like crazy. Even the ones that (say they) don't.

14 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Actually, they usually write: 'I am single', 'I want fun', 'Looking for friends', or just nothing, while posing as women looking for dates... But, yes, others writing in their profile: "I don't want to meet you in Thailand, but only your country", most probably look for suckers to send them the money for the flight ticket...

Anyway, I'm seriously thinking to leave Thailand for good, possibly checking out the Philippines.

Most are scammers, at least 90 percent. And the Philippines is the same if not worse. Ten years ago dating sites were pretty real, but now all about separating you from your money.

I had some good experiences using Thai Friendly. Of course there were some undesirables, but I also met some  nice women. Some of these women were working in Bangkok or Chonburi and wanted to save money to one day return to their home province and build a house and some had small businesses.

I was looking for a good relationship so I just weeded out those who wanted quick money out of me. I did this by taking it slow. I made it clear I was not looking for nude videos or a quick face to face meeting. If they talked to me frequently and seemed interested in learning more, I continued communication. There were some who wanted English lessons. I talked to maybe 20 over the course of weeks and maybe 8 for more than two months. I also kept most of my communication limited to women living within a reasonable distance from my home. If they talked about finances or I thought they might be men posing as women I did not continue. I also looked on the profiles for women with an education and used a series of chats to verify if the education was a selling point or it is was in fact genuine. Also I was careful not to talk about sex or personal things. I know women with an education can be gold diggers, but I felt education was a good yardstick for beginning.

After one year, I met my current wife and I have never regretted it. I want to add I had a paid membership which was better for communication. Also, I am only mentioning in detail the positive things, there were of course many negatives. The negative things I think have been covered quite thoroughly in this forum.

Thai Friendly may have drastically changed since I used it as it has been nearly four years now.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

I've heard of a few horror stories about those that avoided the bar girl trap and were hooked by a respectable, older government worker or teacher who, once they spliced the mainbrace, found themselves obligated to assist with the incredible debt that their 'respectable' partner had amassed prior to marriage due to the easy access to loans and finance that these government workers get.

Plus they gamble like crazy. Even the ones that (say they) don't.

Thai women gamble, haha

So do women from Canada, USA, Uk, France etc

11 hours ago, Nemises said:

Disagree! My mate is/will be much better off for marrying a government worker for the huge health care cost benefits - will cost him something like 50 baht for any eventual operation, regardless of duration in hospital. 

Does she have a sister?  Asking for a friend.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Mansell said:

Most are scammers, at least 90 percent. And the Philippines is the same if not worse. Ten years ago dating sites were pretty real, but now all about separating you from your money.

That's what I meant. Worked out for me twelve years ago, but nowadays, it seems, just sex workers, scammers, and weirdos...

Edited by StayinThailand2much

17 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Actually, they usually write: 'I am single', 'I want fun', 'Looking for friends', or just nothing, while posing as women looking for dates... But, yes, others writing in their profile: "I don't want to meet you in Thailand, but only your country", most probably look for suckers to send them the money for the flight ticket...

Anyway, I'm seriously thinking to leave Thailand for good, possibly checking out the Philippines.

And you think, the Philippines are different? Probably Thai learned from them.

Succes, as it is just a global thing, it is for you to find out. Had my experiences in the past.

Watch out, you can end up real bad.

Red a story about a guy going to see a "lady" and was captured by guys for ransom.

They found him later all broken and burned ! Country Ghana.

And there are way more other scams which could end up bad for you.

Try to find on internet, so you know about it, learn.

So what is going on .. money.

And of course a dating site is an easy way. The more populair, the more sh*t. Think twice with the head containing brains!

4 hours ago, Berkshire said:

A pretty honest assessment.  I also find that dating sites, e.g., ThaiFriendly, are A LOT different in Chiang Mai vs. Pattaya.  Girls in Pattaya are mostly for sale whereas girls in Chiang Mai are actually looking for relationships.

Someone had to say it.

If you filter for Pattaya and some other redlight hotspots, what do you expect?

And the big majority of those WANT to meet and are real (many photos heavy filtered though).

Some just want to lure you to their bar/club etc.

The best looking have hundreds of messages piling up and dump their profiles, create new.

Big difference looking at provincial cities e.g.

And even for Pattaya I would estimate that numbers like 95% gold diggers are exaggerated.

Let it be 75%.

13 hours ago, Nemises said:

What does she get in return?

18 hours ago, tgw said:

maybe part of the problem is that we aren't getting any younger as the years pass by

So from these reports 50/60+% are not that genuine.

Do you really expect more on a dating anonymous website?  

Women who are single and living in Thailand will have no problem if you ask them for a video chat on LINE. And they might even insist to see and talk to you on video to make sure that YOU are not the Nigerian scammer. Lots and lots of such remarks in the descriptions (no scammers, don't bother me etc.).

Two sides of the medal.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just forget online dating. Meeting women here is so easy. As long as you have some game. If you have a great sense of humor, and are able to make them laugh and feel relaxed, if you are decent looking, and dress decently, and are well groomed, it can be quite easy here. Generally, Thai woman are very comfortable with their femininity, with flirting, and open to talking with someone who approaches them, very unlike women in the West, these days. Of course, it also depends on who you pursue. If you are going after wealthy women, who are wearing $3,500 outfits, you will likely get turned down. 

If you are in your 30's, Thailand is your oyster. But, even for older guys, there are hundreds of thousands of good looking, younger Thai women who are open to being with a foreigner, as long as he is financially stable. 98% of women want that stability. You simply need to be very assertive, have some game, hopefully have a minimal amount of bling, and a great sense of humor. If you can get them to laugh within a few moments of striking up a conversation with them, you are on your way. Even the smaller towns are good hunting grounds. Gals who work in hotels, restaurants, retail stores, etc. If in a town like Pattaya, stay away from the beach areas, and you will be fine finding a real civilian. Step up to the plate often, and just approach as many strangers are you can. Make a sport of it. You will find some good ones, and they are likely to be real civilians, unlike online. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

As the title says; on dating websites, Thai women pretending to be single and looking for someone for a (serious) relationship, but once you contact them...

* A very large percentage seem to just look for customers (s*x, videos, etc.), and...

* The ones who then still claim to look for a relationship don't want to meet you if you actually live in Thailand, or don't want to meet at all in person.

What is going on?

Maybe it's you got older?

i only use tinder, in my experience very few want money, and those who do are up-front about it.

sure, many are on tinder because they are bored, accept it and learn to spot them early on

sure some don't want to meet, easy to spot and drop them too

it takes more effort than the pre-smart phone halcyon days of thailand friends and DIA, when i had a wild time(!), but there's still fun, and relationships to be had with a little patience.

This thread is such a waste of time.  I don't even know where to begin.  Misinformation on all sides of this subject.  I won't even bother trying to correct any of it.  Just know that 95% of what is being posted here is garbage with a little bit of truth sprinkled on top to make it sound more reasonable.

12 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

It has changed over the past 10 years I think.  Many more just ST.

Also, many of these girls can make 50 k a month easy.  And, a lot have other jobs they are getting paid. Why go with some guy for a relationship with a lousy pension or little money who will pay her a lot less.  They have freedom and are making good money it is preferred.

I think there is an "end of the rainbow" factor:  among the ones who managed to land themselves a chump and collect all the prizes some have come to hate having to live with genetically-inferior farang (aren't we al? :biggrin:).  As the occidental guys aren't arriving in droves like 20+ years ago I'm curious to see if the vampire-ettes attempt to prey upon the Indian and Chinese punters.  Or Russians.

While on a bus trip in Latin America once I was chatting with a 35-ish Brit woman who told me her recent boyfriend (Brit) left her for a Thai gal he met in LOS.  She told me he would say things of the Thai like "she is so naive and simple, like a child."  He sounded like a colonial speaking of the savages.  I told her what a schmuck he is, and that the last laugh will be hers.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JimTripper said:

You're being too picky. This is near Los Angeles. Stop complaining.

That's movie America, isn't real America full of obese people? 70% overweight or obese, I've just checked

Screenshot_2024-01-09-05-14-43-503_com.android.chrome~2.jpg

Edited by scubascuba3

Many years ago I had some fun on that TF site, I used to travel around Thailand quite a bit, sometimes fly, sometimes drive, I would have a look through the site see if there was anything worth meeting, Hand on heart I can say I met a whole bunch of liars, they wanna play games ok I'll play games, amazing what they will do for a plate of chicken fried rice,

I met one must be about 18 years ago, she was an all right girl lives up in Chiang Rai now, she never forgets my birthday and Christmas, she had a right pair of knockers for a Thai I think that might be what attracted me to her at the time,  

You could also try searching for Thai women that are already in your home country.  You may be surprised about how many there are to be found nearby.  If you are younger, and near a bigger university, you might find a few that are studying there.  Usually they are graduate students so a little older.  If you are in the 25-35 age range you might do very well.  My Thai niece went to Australia to study for a master's degree in accounting.  She earned her degree and also met an Aussie guy who is an engineer and now lives in Sydney.   They have been married for about 10 years now.  

• Like 1