Thai Team Wins Top Prize at Ice Sculpture Contest in Harbin

webfact

I have searched china news services and have found nothing to confirm this article. Perhaps someone else can send a link to a Chinese news agency that reported this. I do not trust Thailand news services as they seems to make their own stories without proof sometimes to make Thailand look good. 

I saw photos of the winner last year there in a Chinese paper. It amazes me Thailand won with the one they showed in the story. No detail. simplistic at best. 

So i have doubts about this story. 

Screen Shot 2024-01-09 at 9.35.06 AM.png

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, thesetat said:

I have searched china news services and have found nothing to confirm this article. Perhaps someone else can send a link to a Chinese news agency that reported this. I do not trust Thailand news services as they seems to make their own stories without proof sometimes to make Thailand look good. 

I saw photos of the winner last year there in a Chinese paper. It amazes me Thailand won with the one they showed in the story. No detail. simplistic at best. 

So i have doubts about this story. 

Screen Shot 2024-01-09 at 9.35.06 AM.png

Thailand won the competition for college students held on campus at Harbin Engineering University. They won first and third place.

The picture you posted is the from the main event Harbin International Ice Sculpture Competition.

16 hours ago, Srikcir said:

Maybe splitting icicles, but the picture of the winning sculpture appears to be a packed-snow sculpture verses an ice sculpture shown by OP thestat.

Ice is translucent.

exactly yet the article says they won the ice sculptor first and third place. when googling this there was nothing in Chinese news. Which if why i asked about if anyone found a link from china about it. I lived in harbin china for awhile. Every year the river freezes over and the things they make there is amazing. Which is why i was curious how that snow sculpture won. The chinese even make an ice hotel there so detailed. They have lifetimes of experience doing this. Which again makes me wonder how a Thai won. 

• Agree 1