Excessive PM2.5 pollution in 44 areas in and around Bangkok

snoop1130

Screenshot-2024-01-08-135929.png

Forty-four areas of Bangkok, Samut Songkhram, Samut Sakhon and Nakhon Pathom have excessive levels of PM2.5 dust in the atmosphere, measured at 24.1μg-61μg (microns).

Don Mueang, Lak Si and Nong Khaem have the highest levels, measured at 70μg, 69.6μg and 62.3μg respectively, according to the Air4thai website.

Except for southern provinces, where air quality is good, provinces in the north, northeast, east, west and the central region have PM2.5 exceeding the standard threshold of 37.5μg. Higher PM2.5 levels are detected in Ratchaburi (71.4μg), Ang Thong (70.7μg), Chainat (70.4μg), Sing Buri (67.1μg) and Nonthaburi (64μg).

Full story: Thai PBS 2024-01-08

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

I recently moved to the Nonthaburi and there are huge industrial plants around this area.  The area around the aircon fins has turned black (inside the room not the outside).

That never happened when I was in the rural areas.  And it's the same aircon unit that we moved from the old house so a direct comparision.

That is actually scary because it means we are breathing that in.

1 hour ago, flyingtlger said:

This is Bangkok NOW....

image.png.e6cc7c37cf4e6d48535031a7b2afff95.png

Posted 58 minutes ago? At 03:35am? Really? <deleted> dark here now. 

I arrived in Bangkok yesterday morning at 06:00am. Was very clear view of the city lights on landing. Air seemed clear all day. I had no trouble breathing. 

Edited by soi3eddie

27 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

Posted 58 minutes ago? At 03:35am? Really? <deleted> dark here now. 

I arrived in Bangkok yesterday morning at 06:00am. Was very clear view of the city lights on landing. Air seemed clear all day. I had no trouble breathing. 

You must be special.

spacer.png

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Forty-four areas of Bangkok, Samut Songkhram, Samut Sakhon and Nakhon Pathom have excessive levels of PM2.5 dust in the atmosphere, measured at 24.1μg-61μg (microns)

Inept governors at work....

Jan. 9th @ 13:00 AQI 153 average (unhealthy), high of 184. PM2.5@60 μg/microns near Bang Khun Thian District (Rama 2)

Regarding air pollution, area probably best known for shopping centers and highways with heavy traffic.