It Has Been Said: We Are ALL Crazy. Is this TRUE? Why? How?

IF all humans are crazy, then it is normal

In the eye of a beholder, then again you could be otherwise crazy, but another one could say you are normal.
I could say lots of humans are crazy, but stating that, probably all those humans say Im crazy.

Well, gamma globulin, what did you expect? 

Did you expect someone would take you as serious? Maybe a few did. I read that. But most addressed you as crazy and narrow minded and look upon you.

I like you're contemplating and share your thoughts but I'm embarrassed how the community treats you. Respect you can't expect here. I deleted my account a decade ago after having experienced that in this community I couldn't find people who would respect other opinions without offends, aggressions or using gutter language. Since two years I'm back. Many of my personal friends used this forum as source to get latest news but do not participate in any way.

So don't be disappointed. It's a part of life.🙏

22 hours ago, NextG said:

Personally I would not utilise the term ‘Ting Tong’ in esteemed company. This is to what, of course, was being referred to as ‘barstool’ by @Celsius

A lowly educated bar girl unable to enunciate ‘ding dong’. 
Please don’t use the term outside the beer bar. 

Most Thai people have a great sense of humor and when I've used the term phom ting tong nit noy. Many people get a real kick out of it and they really start laughing. Most Thais appreciate a foreigner who does not take himself too seriously. Often they will comment saying that I love to joke around. I'm not worried about esteemed company, quite frankly I don't hang out with the hi-so nonsense crowd. Thankfully. Ha! 

One could say everyone is a little bit crazy.  It’s a matter of opinion about an individual. 
But from some of the things posted on the forums by certain people. I would say some are either bored,  starved for attention, or have mental health or alcohol issues.  Or a combination of such. 

11 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Most Thai people have a great sense of humor and when I've used the term phom ting tong nit noy. Many people get a real kick out of it and they really start laughing. Most Thais appreciate a foreigner who does not take himself too seriously. Often they will comment saying that I love to joke around. I'm not worried about esteemed company, quite frankly I don't hang out with the hi-so nonsense crowd. Thankfully. Ha! 

I'm sure I insulted a Thai woman quite unintentionally when I described myself to her as "Ting Tong". Looking back she probably thought I was calling her Ting Tong.

I didn't do it again though, despite being as Ting Tong as any other person.

10 hours ago, swm59nj said:

One could say everyone is a little bit crazy.  It’s a matter of opinion about an individual. 
But from some of the things posted on the forums by certain people. I would say some are either bored,  starved for attention, or have mental health or alcohol issues.  Or a combination of such. 

After living in a very interesting place with about 100 people crammed into a fairly small base for 4 months, I came to the conclusion that we were all crazy, and the ones that didn't seem that way were just better at hiding it.

20 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

Well, gamma globulin, what did you expect? 

Did you expect someone would take you as serious? Maybe a few did. I read that. But most addressed you as crazy and narrow minded and look upon you.

I like you're contemplating and share your thoughts but I'm embarrassed how the community treats you. Respect you can't expect here. I deleted my account a decade ago after having experienced that in this community I couldn't find people who would respect other opinions without offends, aggressions or using gutter language. Since two years I'm back. Many of my personal friends used this forum as source to get latest news but do not participate in any way.

So don't be disappointed. It's a part of life.🙏

If the cap fits…

If you cannot stand the heat…

People will form opinions on the evidence presented. That’s life. 
If you cannot cope with life on here, you are probably not doing great out there. 
GG is happy preaching to an audience of one. Rarely discusses anything and disappears in a huff if anyone as much as disagrees with his pronouncements. 
How would someone like that cope with real life interactions? 
Just an opinion…

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, NextG said:

If the cap fits…

If you cannot stand the heat…

People will form opinions on the evidence presented. That’s life. 
If you cannot cope with life on here, you are probably not doing great out there. 
GG is happy preaching to an audience of one. Rarely discusses anything and disappears in a huff if anyone as much as disagrees with his pronouncements. 
How would someone like that cope with real life interactions? 
Just an opinion…

I think if you don't have the ability to reply in a civilized way because you never learned it, then it's better not to reply. 🙏

• Like 1

I am RECOVERING. That is all I will claim. Others have different problems and situations. By their very nature, expats are a bit different than others since they left their home countries. Relatively few people ever do this, despite threats in political debates.

24 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

I think if you don't have the ability to reply in a civilized way because you never learned it, then it's better not to reply. 🙏

You might be surprised to learn that I don’t really care about what you think. My opinion is expressed in a perfectly ‘civilised’ manner. It’s your own reaction that is unacceptable to yourself. Miserable much?
☺️

Edited by NextG

22 minutes ago, NextG said:

You might be surprised to learn that I don’t really care about what you think. My opinion is expressed in a perfectly ‘civilised’ manner. It’s your own reaction that is unacceptable to yourself. Miserable much?
☺️

What troubles me is that you missed to learn what "discuss" means. I'm convinced that we are definitely not on the same level. As Martin Luther said "blessed are the poor in spirit". I wish you a peaceful night🙏

Just now, newbee2022 said:

What troubles me is that you missed to learn what "discuss" means. I'm convinced that we are definitely not on the same level. As Martin Luther said "blessed are the poor in spirit". I wish you a peaceful night🙏

I’m already having a peaceful day, but thanks anyway. 

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

After living in a very interesting place with about 100 people crammed into a fairly small base for 4 months, I came to the conclusion that we were all crazy, and the ones that didn't seem that way were just better at hiding it.

So solly I could not have been there with you....

13 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'm sure I insulted a Thai woman quite unintentionally when I described myself to her as "Ting Tong". Looking back she probably thought I was calling her Ting Tong.

I didn't do it again though, despite being as Ting Tong as any other person.

I have asked many a Thai woman if she was Ting Tong in the past and she has vigorously shaken her head yes, with a big smile on her face, so I guess it just depends on the gal. 

Edited by spidermike007

6 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

she has vigorously shook her head

she has vigorously shaken her head

or

she has vigorously nodded her head

I think you meant to use this grammar.

Does anybody remember GRAMMAR and LAUGHTER?

Does anybody remember GRAMMAR on TV????

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

So solly I could not have been there with you....

You would probably have enjoyed it. I thought it was a fascinating lesson in understanding ( or realising that humans can never be understood ) human nature.

I enjoyed pretty much every moment I was there, but I had no one back home to miss. Those that did had a hard time living through it. Being emotionally bound to another is IMO a rod to beat ourselves with. Been there, got the T shirt. I do not at present so one less problem to deal with.