Trump says he hopes economy crashes in next 12 months: ‘I don’t want to be Herbert Hoover’

CharlieH

3 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I agree, and and IMHO if Trump doesn't want to be involved in the aftermath, then all he has to is withdraw his nomination.

I honestly don't think that he will.

Will the US crash? I really don't know.

Under President Biden I don't think so, but the gop IMHO, is so blinded by a hatred of the Democrats and a lust for power with Trump in charge, that they may try to make it happen under President Biden and blame him for it.

More than likely Saudi Arabia or Russia would also foment havoc a few months before the election. Not to mention the bots coming again.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Try doing that with him!

There is no point as only his first response is accurate according to him and nothing you or anyone else posts will ever change his original stance.

I have been on the forum many years and very few people ever change their stance.

Try looking at yourself in the mirror and saying the same thing.

I have changed a few of my opinions over the years, but mostly the opinions stay the same.

Probably due to getting older though not necessarily wiser.

Edited by billd766
  • Like 2

I wondered who Trump's speech writer was since I figured he didn't come up with the presidential history on his own. Now I know.

Last month, Biden said, “In the four years Donald Trump was president — and he’s the only president other than Herbert Hoover who actually lost jobs in a four-year period. And that’s why I often re- — think of him as Donald ‘Herbert Hoover’ Trump.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4396467-trump-says-he-hopes-economy-crashes-in-next-12-months-i-dont-want-to-be-herbert-hoover/

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

Thank you for your polite response.

You may notice from my posts that I am defending his corner and that I am the only one to do so.

If you don't like his posts and/or don't agree with them, why bother to read them? You are fairly sure that you won't agree with his response, so simply pass them by. I do on many other posts from other posters and I feel it makes my life easier.

If you don't respond to any of his posts what have you lost?

Thanks, yes I do try not replying to his posts, but there are so many of them every day. 55555

But everyday he post multiple times on threads I read, and not only posts nonsense, he likes to play the victim, claim others abuse him, and sometimes I just have to reply.

I will try harder to avoid. I mostly try to only post on subjects I have the knowledge  and experience, and try to back you my comments with links.

So thank you for your comment, and yes I will have to bite my lip harder. 55555

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

Thanks, yes I do try not replying to his posts, but there are so many of them every day. 55555

But everyday he post multiple times on threads I read, and not only posts nonsense, he likes to play the victim, claim others abuse him, and sometimes I just have to reply.

I will try harder to avoid. I mostly try to only post on subjects I have the knowledge  and experience, and try to back you my comments with links.

They are entertaining in a ghoulish way like a case study in a person turning on the society that he grew up in.I read them for entertainment purposes although sometimes they do anger me,I do take solace in knowing most folks don’t buy into his (ideas/views)……

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

My tongue still has teeth marks from some posters when I had to bite it to stop being very rude.

There are a few threads that I cannot be bothered to open as I can't stand the posters and if I open and read them, my blood will boil and my BP will sky rocket.

Nowadays, not only do I look at the thread title, but also who the OP is.

6 hours ago, billd766 said:

My tongue still has teeth marks from some posters when I had to bite it to stop being very rude.

There are a few threads that I cannot be bothered to open as I can't stand the posters and if I open and read them, my blood will boil and my BP will sky rocket.

Nowadays, not only do I look at the thread title, but also who the OP is.

Think I should follow your advice.

I have mellowed as I got older, but still a little way to go yet.

8 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

I still believe this is him, period.

MAGA.jpg

Love that graph it certainly holds true in my growing up im still struggling up that mountain and mostly enjoying the climb thanks!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

He sounds like a bitter and twisted Kiwi, perhaps he cannot find a suitable sheep to settle down with? Or indeed, it has left him because he spends too much time on the computer!

This entire topic is filled with insults against one poster, Thaibeachlover. I'm not sure how these posters avoid being in violation of the AN's rules and standards. This isn't some bash easy topic in General or Community Lounge fora. It's in a World News forum, and its been turned into an assault on one member. 

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, John Drake said:

This entire topic is filled with insults against one poster, Thaibeachlover. I'm not sure how these posters avoid being in violation of the AN's rules and standards.

This entire topic is filled with insults against one poster, Thaibeachlover. I'm not sure how these that posters avoids being in violation of the AN's rules and standards.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1