Trump says he hopes economy crashes in next 12 months: ‘I don’t want to be Herbert Hoover’

CharlieH

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

So it would stand to reason that if Trump had wholeheartedly endorsed getting vaccinated against COVID-19, members of his base would have been trampling one another to get a shot the moment they were available, as if the jabs were deeply discounted 62-inch flat-screen TVs on Black Friday.

Of course Trump chose not to do that. Instead, he got his vaccine in secret, and since leaving office in January has refused to do anything more than say during random interviews that he “would recommend” getting inoculated before quickly changing the subject; earlier this month, the Daily Beast reported that “despite pleas from multiple friends and advisers,” he’s repeatedly rebuffed the idea of mounting “anything resembling a real effort to get his supporters vaccinated,” as it would be helping Joe Biden.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/08/donald-trump-vaccines-booed

If you want to credit this Vanity Fair rubbish that's up to you.

https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2021-03-17/trump-tells-followers-to-get-vaccinated-against-coronavirus

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I have highlighted the actual peak death moment of the pandemic, so you can see that it occurred while Trump was busy plotting his insurrection. Do you disagree that peak deaths came while Trump was in office?

I guess part of the tail-off of the pandemic under Biden was MAGA morons getting Covid to own the libs.

Screenshot_20240122_114454_Chrome.jpg

You want to talk about one day when I want to talk about two years.

Anyway your highlight looks to be peakiest after Biden arrived.

Here's some spares in case you want another go.

image.png.72c9c655db39f918810ab9fdb51dc46d.pngimage.png.880a9c1df825d5cb5dd62a49257c3a5e.pngimage.png.35ab420bdb85dfed8830689b7a4f57ef.png

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

4 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

OK Dan, you keep digging them up and I'll count them after sunrise.

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, nauseus said:

Depends where you get your numbers.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/feb/05/us-covid-coronavirus-death-toll

Guardian suggests February 4th.

The article says February 4 was a day on which additional numbers of people who had *previously* died of Covid were released.

Not that a bunch people died on February 4, 2021.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

The article says February 4 was a day on which additional numbers of people who had *previously* died of Covid were released.

Not that a bunch people died on February 4, 2021.

I guess nobody knows for sure then.

• Confused 2

12 hours ago, placeholder said:

What we do know is that once vaccines were available, the death rate from covid that correlated positively by area with the percentage ofvoters  who voted for Trump.

Yep. Republican vaccine skeptics had a very high death rate. They won't be voting in the next election.

• Love It 1
  • Agree 1

On 1/9/2024 at 1:02 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

No doubt the Trump haters will accuse him of wanting a crash, when he means that he thinks there will be one and he doesn't want to be president when it starts.

Looking at the US it's probably fair to expect that the economy will crash, but as usual that may or may not happen depending on a lot of things.

It would be ironic if Biden wins only to suffer from a crash that he caused.

Now Trump says the market will go up.

57 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Now Trump says the market will go up.

On that score he is correct today the Dow was above 38,300 that’s what good sound governance can achieve sorry trump will have to dream up some other way to attack Biden 

6 hours ago, Tug said:

On that score he is correct today the Dow was above 38,300 that’s what good sound governance can achieve sorry trump will have to dream up some other way to attack Biden 

He already started changing his tune...

So predictable! 🤣

Trump bemoans record stock market as just making 'rich people richer'

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/trump-bemoans-record-stock-market-just-making-rich-people-richer-2023-12-18/

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

So, is the economy going to crash this year, or go higher?

My friends and family are all doing very well in the current economy. I attribute that to them in positions that ensures they are keeping up with the rising cost helped by covid 19 and Russian war. Vacations overseas, new EV's and a general case of living the American dream.

On 1/30/2024 at 9:05 AM, candide said:

He already started changing his tune...

So predictable! 🤣

Trump bemoans record stock market as just making 'rich people richer'

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/trump-bemoans-record-stock-market-just-making-rich-people-richer-2023-12-18/

The jealous loser has a new theory...😆

“THIS IS THE TRUMP STOCK MARKET BECAUSE MY POLLS AGAINST BIDEN ARE SO GOOD THAT INVESTORS ARE PROJECTING THAT I WILL WIN, AND THAT WILL DRIVE THE MARKET UP,” Trump wrote in an all-caps missive on Truth Social.

https://thehill.com/homenews/4435862-trump-claims-credit-record-stock-market-biden/

16 minutes ago, candide said:

The jealous loser has a new theory...😆

“THIS IS THE TRUMP STOCK MARKET BECAUSE MY POLLS AGAINST BIDEN ARE SO GOOD THAT INVESTORS ARE PROJECTING THAT I WILL WIN, AND THAT WILL DRIVE THE MARKET UP,” Trump wrote in an all-caps missive on Truth Social.

https://thehill.com/homenews/4435862-trump-claims-credit-record-stock-market-biden/

No doubt the Trump haters will accuse him of wanting a crash, when he means that he thinks there will be one and he doesn't want to be president when it starts.

Looking at the US it's probably fair to expect that the economy will crash, but as usual that may or may not happen depending on a lot of things.

It would be ironic if Biden wins only to suffer from a crash that he caused.

So, who is wrong about the economy, Trump or Trump?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

U.S. economy added 353,000 jobs in January, much better than expected

Trump is always wrong

• Agree 1

On 1/22/2024 at 9:28 PM, nauseus said:

When Trump had the vax it was widely reported at the time.

False:
Trump, former first lady quietly received Covid vaccine in January

March 2, 2021, 4:36 AM +07 

Former President Donald Trump and first lady Melania Trump quietly received the Covid-19 vaccine at the White House in January, a Trump advisor told NBC News on Monday.

It is not clear which type of vaccine they received and they were not disclosed at the time by the Trump White House. The official White House photographer was also not present to document the event, according to an official with direct knowledge.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-former-first-lady-quietly-received-covid-vaccine-january-n1259196

But if you have some actual information to contradict this, please share it. I won't be holding my breath.

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, placeholder said:

False:
Trump, former first lady quietly received Covid vaccine in January

March 2, 2021, 4:36 AM +07 

Former President Donald Trump and first lady Melania Trump quietly received the Covid-19 vaccine at the White House in January, a Trump advisor told NBC News on Monday.

It is not clear which type of vaccine they received and they were not disclosed at the time by the Trump White House. The official White House photographer was also not present to document the event, according to an official with direct knowledge.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-former-first-lady-quietly-received-covid-vaccine-january-n1259196

But if you have some actual information to contradict this, please share it. I won't be holding my breath.

Contradict what? Just because the WH did not disclose this immediately it doesn't mean nobody else did.

Did you spend all night digging this up?  

4 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Contradict what? Just because the WH did not disclose this immediately it doesn't mean nobody else did.

Please, share with us the evidence that the White House or anyone disclosed this prior to March 1,, 2021 . I'll give you a tip to help you find the evidence. Confine the search to any time before Mar 1, 2021.

6 hours ago, nauseus said:

You claimed it was widely reported when Trump had the vax. I have also posted links to prove that's false. Now you need to step up to the plate.