Trump says he hopes economy crashes in next 12 months: ‘I don’t want to be Herbert Hoover’

CharlieH

32 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Here's a hint for you: it's not good if a presidential candidate openly expresses hope for an economic crash.

It's kind of like hoping America loses a war.

You just confirmed that it was over your head, if you think he was hoping for a crash.

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Actually, I don't think Trump's comment was aimed at anyone. It's just a case of an old man having a brain fade.

So, the Trump fluffers are forced to defend his comment, or at least troll any discussion about Trump's comment in order to change the subject. Maybe talk about Hunter Biden.

Did anyone talk about Hunter Biden till you did?

• Confused 4

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You just confirmed that it was over your head, if you think he was hoping for a crash.

Actually, the only confirmation we have here is your imperfect understanding of English.

What is there about...

“And when there’s a crash — I hope it’s going to be during this next 12 months because I don’t want to be Herbert Hoover. The one president I just don’t want to be, Herbert Hoover.”

...that you don't understand.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

OK listen up.

That sentence is in 2 parts:

1/ and when there is a crash. That means that he thinks that there will be a crash, along with not a few people

2/ I hope it’s going to be during this next 12 months because I don’t want to be Herbert Hoover That means he doesn't want to inherit the expected crash when he is president.

Is that simple enough for you, or do you want me to break it down further so you can grasp the concept? Do you understand what WHEN means? I can find a definition if you require one.

You truly have a crappy job - trying to make people think Trump never said that he hoped the economy would crash.  Because even you know that would be a really stupid thing to say.

No, trying to educate the less informed is a rewarding job.

Yes, it would be a really stupid thing to say, if he had said it, but as I've explained to you he didn't say that.

I know it's a hard concept to understand, but keep at it and one day you may be able to do so. That will be a happy day for you.

There will be a crash, there always is eventually. It was widely anticipated that it would come last year or this year but markets have priced in no rate cuts now until 2024. Another little clue is that rate inversion (5 year over 10 year) always uninverts about 6 months before a crash. That hasn't happened yet. The treasury secretary has called a soft landing and the market agrees very much at the moment. The Fed has also been injecting liquidity into the markets to keep them propped up.

tl:dr; don't hold your breath, it's a forlorn hope before the elections. 2025, probably.

The dementia gets worse:

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-mistake/

He bragged about 'terminating' Roe v. Wade. He said, 'If it weren't for me, that 10-year-old girl in Ohio that an illegal immigrant raped, if it weren't for me, she wouldn't have had to flee the state. If it weren't for me, women wouldn't be, like, dying outside of emergency rooms because doctors are afraid to conduct women's health care,'" Scarborough explained. "He admitted — again, it was such an easy forum, it's not like he was backed into the corner — he admitted he was the one who terminated Roe v. Wade. 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

OK listen up.

That sentence is in 2 parts:

1/ and when there is a crash. That means that he thinks that there will be a crash, along with not a few people

2/ I hope it’s going to be during this next 12 months because I don’t want to be Herbert Hoover That means he doesn't want to inherit the expected crash when he is president.

Is that simple enough for you, or do you want me to break it down further so you can grasp the concept? Do you understand what WHEN means? I can find a definition if you require one.

You truly have a crappy job - trying to make people think Trump never said that he hoped the economy would crash.  Because even you know that would be a really stupid thing to say.

No, trying to educate the less informed is a rewarding job.

Yes, it would be a really stupid thing to say, if he had said it, but as I've explained to you he didn't say that.

I know it's a hard concept to understand, but keep at it and one day you may be able to do so. That will be a happy day for you.

The definition of grasping at straws lol 😂 oh boy what a chortle……ahhh thanks 🙏 lol 😂 

• Agree 2

19 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Trump is an old man who had a brain fade. He said something stupid.

If you are really going to cover for Trump's mistakes every time his dementia causes another unforced area, you're going to be very busy.

Nah. I'd only be busy if I was trying to cover for bumblin' Joe.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Speaking of Bidenomics, the hits just keep on coming.

Sky-high mortgage rates and still-rising home prices have made it harder than ever to afford a home, especially for first-time buyers. The typical buyer needs to earn 15% more than they did a year ago–and wages are only up 5%.

It’s harder than ever for Americans to afford a home. 

A homebuyer must earn $114,627 to afford the median-priced U.S. home, up 15% ($15,285) from a year ago and up more than 50% since the start of the pandemic. That’s the highest annual income necessary to afford a home on record. 

Redfin.png.a7fc3e3e2d3ba8e993f0562ab4853b36.png

https://www.redfin.com/news/homebuyer-income-afford-home-record-high/

Those mean tweets and an occasional gaffe don't look so bad...

Edited by impulse
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

A two edged sword.

Bad news for first time buyers, great news for home owners.

From the same  information source some other information. Does not seem to say the economy is a the point of collapse.

https://www.redfin.com/news/housing-market-update-new-listings-demand-up/

https://www.redfin.com/news/redfin-rental-report-december-2023/

https://www.redfin.com/news/housing-market-update-monthly-payments-drop/

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, impulse said:

Speaking of Bidenomics, the hits just keep on coming.

Sky-high mortgage rates and still-rising home prices have made it harder than ever to afford a home, especially for first-time buyers. The typical buyer needs to earn 15% more than they did a year ago–and wages are only up 5%.

It’s harder than ever for Americans to afford a home. 

A homebuyer must earn $114,627 to afford the median-priced U.S. home, up 15% ($15,285) from a year ago and up more than 50% since the start of the pandemic. That’s the highest annual income necessary to afford a home on record. 

Redfin.png.a7fc3e3e2d3ba8e993f0562ab4853b36.png

https://www.redfin.com/news/homebuyer-income-afford-home-record-high/

Those mean tweets and an occasional gaffe don't look so bad...

Mortgage rates in America dropped to their lowest level since June

• Like 1
  • Haha 1