Blinken says cost of conflict on children far too high

CharlieH

17 hours ago, Summerinsiam said:

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. Ask Nelson Mandela. Even Ariel Sharon admitted that if he was a Palestininian he would take up armed resistance.

Since when does armed resistance mean pre-planning and intentionally butchering civilians like what Hamas did on October 7? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hawaiian said:

Since when does armed resistance mean pre-planning and intentionally butchering civilians like what Hamas did on October 7? 

When it's Jews being butchered. 

Notice no one care when Muslims kill other Muslims by the thousands, it's only a concern when Jews kill Muslims. 

Notice that no one seems to care about all the Jews that have been driven from their homes.

• Like 1

For those who doubt the reality of starvation in Gaza, the White House clearly disagrees with you:

"White House National Security spokesperson John Kirby told reporters Thursday that the situation in Gaza was dire after incoming aid trucks were surrounded by desperate refugees looking for food and basic supplies. 

“We recognize that there are real food security issues in Gaza,” Kirby said. “We understand there’s a lot of hunger and starvation in Gaza.

https://nypost.com/2024/01/11/news/israel-hamas-closer-to-deal-to-deliver-medicine-to-hostages-in-gaza/

• Confused 3

8 minutes ago, placeholder said:

For those who doubt the reality of starvation in Gaza, the White House clearly disagrees with you:

"White House National Security spokesperson John Kirby told reporters Thursday that the situation in Gaza was dire after incoming aid trucks were surrounded by desperate refugees looking for food and basic supplies. 

“We recognize that there are real food security issues in Gaza,” Kirby said. “We understand there’s a lot of hunger and starvation in Gaza.

https://nypost.com/2024/01/11/news/israel-hamas-closer-to-deal-to-deliver-medicine-to-hostages-in-gaza/

On the other hand...

‘No food shortage in Gaza,’ says IDF official, dismissing UN claims to the contrary

The Israel Defense Force unit overseeing the transport of humanitarian aid into Gaza said on Wednesday that there are no shortages of food in the Strip, dismissing United Nations reports of widespread starvation, and alleged that existing problems were caused by the inability of the UN to properly distribute the goods once they entered the enclave.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/no-food-shortage-in-gaza-says-idf-official-overseeing-transfer-of-aid/

So who to believe? Various UN agencies, NGO's, eyewitness reports, statements from the US Secretary of State and the White House National Security spokesperson, or the Israeli Govt. Believe it or not, for some members here, that question is a real stumper.

• Confused 3

On 1/12/2024 at 9:03 PM, placeholder said:

Is this the same guy that told use that white supremacists were the greatest threat to the US and the US military was inundated with them? 

Nice they finished their three-year study and walked it back. 

So, what should Israel be doing differently? 

On 1/10/2024 at 3:07 PM, CharlieH said:

The cost of war on Gaza's civilians is "far too high", US Secretary of State Antony Blinken has said.

Mr Blinken said Israel needed to remove barriers so more essential aid could be allowed into Gaza.

That was 6 days ago, and what has changed? Sod all.

Blinken, IMO, is as useful as a wet paper bag. He obviously has zero influence with the israelis, if he even meant what he said and wasn't just mouthing empty platitudes.

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

That was 6 days ago, and what has changed? Sod all.

Blinken, IMO, is as useful as a wet paper bag. He obviously has zero influence with the israelis, if he even meant what he said and wasn't just mouthing empty platitudes.

He didn't. I think he does love him some Iran though, so still time. 

• Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It's nearly a month since this thread was started and what has Blinken, Biden etc done about it- nothing is what. The bombing still goes on, the children still die.

Blinken IMO is just a windbag good for nothing.

@thaibeachlovers

Not seeing you whining about Qatar, who's AJ outlet is your source of information for things ME. Not seeing you whining about Russia supporting Hamas, not lifting a finger to do much either. It's just USA and Israel as far as you're concerned.

And factually, you're wrong. A whole lot less bombings for a while now.

An understatement if ever I heard one.....why not call it as it is Blinken you mealy-mouthed person, you .(and using person is a very broad context here). It is a massacre of innocent children over 6000, I think. It is inhumane and reeks of potential and incipient genocide. Revolting behaviour by Israel and Netanyahu. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Some off topic personal attacks and replies have been removed, this needs to stop now!

Please take note of the following forum rules and tread carefully in this respect.

9. You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages. You will respect other members and post in a civil manner. Personal attacks, insults or hate speech posted on the forum or sent by private message are not allowed.

11. You will not troll or stalk other members by misusing forum posts, private messages, reactions, emojis or by any other means.

• Agree 2

42 minutes ago, retarius said:

An understatement if ever I heard one.....why not call it as it is Blinken you mealy-mouthed person, you .(and using person is a very broad context here). It is a massacre of innocent children over 6000, I think. It is inhumane and reeks of potential and incipient genocide. Revolting behaviour by Israel and Netanyahu. 

@retarius

And as usual, not a word about Hamas. It's all Israel.

:coffee1:

5 hours ago, Morch said:

@thaibeachlovers

Not seeing you whining about Qatar, who's AJ outlet is your source of information for things ME. Not seeing you whining about Russia supporting Hamas, not lifting a finger to do much either. It's just USA and Israel as far as you're concerned.

And factually, you're wrong. A whole lot less bombings for a while now.

Is there less bombing now? I'm not saying that there isn't. I just haven't been able to find any evidence that this is the case.

2 hours ago, placeholder said:

Is there less bombing now? I'm not saying that there isn't. I just haven't been able to find any evidence that this is the case.

I think so.

There are less reports about it in Israeli news (which aren't shying away from covering such stuff), and the casualty rate seems to have gone down some (I stress, some - and, of course, it's not uniform). What they are highlighting now is attack helicopter operations and sorties (which are less devastating in terms of destruction and civilian casualties).

Previously there was some report or the other about IAF bombing this or that on an almost daily basis. Less of this now.

The latest report I've read was that the IDF is looking into ways of evacuating people from the South of the Strip back to the North, so that the campaign could be carried out more forcefully, and with less civilian casualties. Running out of places to move them about in the South, plus troops need staging grounds apart without civilian nearby.

I guess that this also has to do with ICJ provisional ruling, and the need to manage armaments stocks.

• Confused 1