New Power Tariff Rate Capped at 4.18 Bt/Unit

1704872001_091354-tnamcot-768x403.jpeg

BANGKOK, Jan 10 (TNA) – The Energy Regulatory Commission has revised the electricity tariff for the new billing cycle from January to April, 2024 to 4.18 baht per unit.

This adjustment comes after modifying the natural gas pricing structure and implementing measures to reduce electricity costs by the Energy Ministry.

Consequently, the new fuel tariff for the January-April 67 billing period has decreased from 89.55 satang per unit to 39.72 satang per unit.

Full story: Thai News Agency 2024-01-10

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

I'll check my bill when it arrives... 

Yeah, ours is due next week too.

The last few times the rate has changed it's not been reflected immediately and been corrected in the next bill. PEA should be used to implementing these changes by now :smile:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

Yeah, ours is due next week too.

The last few times the rate has changed it's not been reflected immediately and been corrected in the next bill. PEA should be used to implementing these changes by now :smile:

My meter is read on the 20th, last year I saw no real difference in the rate, although I use less than 100 units.

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Consequently, the new fuel tariff for the January-April 67 billing period has decreased from 89.55 satang per unit to 39.72 satang per unit.

I assume by this fuel tariff they refer to the Ft addition on your bill? If so, last month the Ft shown on my bill was 20.48 satang per unit. Any explanations?

16 minutes ago, Guderian said:

I assume by this fuel tariff they refer to the Ft addition on your bill? If so, last month the Ft shown on my bill was 20.48 satang per unit. Any explanations?

Same for me for Oct, Nov & Dec.But no discount for using less than 300 units as in May to August. So very little difference on the overall cost.

Edited by KannikaP