18-Wheeler Trailer with Failed Brakes Collides with Sedan and Pickup, Claiming the Life of a 35-Year-Old Woman

webfact

47 minutes ago, digger70 said:

A driver has the rights to refuse to drive a Unroadworthy vehicle. 

Saying this some bosses don't take kindly to this and it which could  lead to dismissal.

Agreed...  I think in Thailand's juvenile state of development such a response from a driver would almost certainly lead to instant dismissal... 

Money is the bottom line here, as it is everywhere, however, Thailand does not have powerful legal system whereby safety supersedes that financial bottom line.... 

IMO the root cause of many of these incidents is nothing more than the absence of accountability leading to an absence of responsibility. 

IF overnight there were a dramatic shift making all owners and managers of these companies legally responsible for any incidents (other than driver negligence) then I'm sure we'd see a significant decrease in these incidents and a significant increase in driver training.

47 minutes ago, digger70 said:

I have never been sacked for refusing to drive an unroadworthy truck.Only the boss said go fix it.

A driver is responsible for the vehicle when driving so the Law states in Australia.

Agreed... But Thailand is a very different Animal to Australia....  Here 's£it rolls down hill' and anyone who should be held responsible for an incident very rarely is. 

• Agree 1