2 minutes ago, Crossy said:

It's been banned as a WMD by the Geneva Convention :whistling:

It is filed alongside other WMD such as Marmite and Vegemite. :thumbsup:

Edited by billd766
added extra text
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, billd766 said:

It is filed alongside other WMD such as Marmite and Vegemite. :thumbsup:

Even as a Brit from 't-North (Bolton) I never got into Marmite.

Bovril, Vimto (a fruit drink and an anagram of vomit) and mushy peas, yes but Marmite :sick:

1 minute ago, VocalNeal said:

Aerosol cheese:shock1:.

On wine? Isn't there a risk of a thermonuclear explosion?

I have room to talk, i get the family to bring over mushy peas and decent Brit teabags each year :whistling:

10 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

I suggest you are getting confused with Easy Cheese, Cheez Whizz does not come in a spray can.

Cheez Whizz comes in a jar and is a spread which is used to put on bread or toast.

The Untold Truth Of Cheez Whiz (mashed.com)

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/easy-cheese-nabisco-cheddar-226-g-226-make-with-real-cheese-i2561168809-s9114491557.html

image.png.ef99e021a151d7f929923c2711e2e4e8.png

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

You spray it on top of wine? I always thought Brits had no taste buds, but this is plumbing new depths of depravity.

Hey, it keeps your fingers from getting messy.

32 minutes ago, Crossy said:

https://www.homesicktexan.com/more-natural-chile-con-queso/

It actually sounds pretty good, I may try it!!!

Chili con queso is divinity. You can make it easily enough by melting down some velveeta mixed with a good salsa. Good salsa is also hard to find in Thailand. Primo salsa would be Pace Picante Sauce (hot). I've seen Old El Paso in Tops. At least it's "medium." Most other salsas are mild for some reason. Why mild salsa in Thailand of all places? 

6 minutes ago, John Drake said:

You think we're barbarians?

I wouldn't say a nation that drinks warm beer and eats cold pork pies is the pinnacle of culture.

Are you still using woad for makeup?

My mistake, I see you are American. The land of overflowing plates.

Edited by Lacessit
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, Crossy said:

https://www.homesicktexan.com/more-natural-chile-con-queso/

It actually sounds pretty good, I may try it!!!

That's a good link. And he's right about the Ro-tel. And, yes, you can store velveeta at room temperature for ages. Here's the Ro-tel page: https://www.ro-tel.com/products

We are always striving for the best, the best hotels, the best food, the best wine etc.

How about a contest for the worst (really existing) food ?

There used to be an institution called "The not so terribly good club of great britain" and to be a member you had to demonstrate that you were exeptionally bad at something. They sometimes invited members to demonstrate their inabilities on stage. They soon had to close down because according to their own statues they were too successful.

But we could make a list of the worst food, starting with a dish that let you vomit by the pure looks of it up to last place where you needed hospital care (Psychologist or Gastroenterologist) after yoyu had the pleasure to taste it.

Cheeze wiz on wine is a strong contender in this list I suppose. And the breakfast beans etc......

Edited by moogradod

16 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

My mistake, I see you are American. The land of overflowing plates.

It got to the stage when I was in America that I would order a starter and dessert and miss out the main course. People really, really do not need to eat that much. I've never forgotten once walking behind three women of a certain size in Orlando, dreading that they might spontaneously explode and cover me in nastiness. But, fortunately, they turned into an all you can eat restaurant and I lived to tell the tale. 

9 minutes ago, moogradod said:

We are always striving for the best, the best hotels, the best food, the best wine etc.

How about a contest for the worst (really existing) food ?

There used to be an institution called "The not so terribly good club of great britain" and to be a member you had to demonstrate that you were exeptionally bad at something.. They soon had to close down because according to their own statues they were too successful.

But we could make a list of the worst food, starting with a dish that let you vomit by the pure looks of it up to last place where you needed hospital care (Psychologist or Gastroenterologist) after yoyu had the pleasure to taste it.

Cheeze wiz on wine is a strong contender in this list I suppose. And the breakfast beans etc......

Good food can be made terrible in the process of cooking.

I've always liked brussel sprouts. My ex-wife was a terrible cook, who would boil them to death, then feed them to my infant son. It traumatized him for life.

Or take the dish beloved by Americans, pork ribs. Delicious when the fat is cooked out of them, revolting when it is left in.