Safety Concerns Surge in Pattaya as Low-Hanging Signs Pose Threat to Tourists

webfact

3 hours ago, stoner said:

and what would a thai story be without the point. 

And what would a forum post be without the obligatory whataboutism? Proves poster awareness, impressive knowledge of the obvious, and moral righteousness.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, stoner said:

am i wrong ? you seem to want to cover for the obvious with your impressive ignorance.

Merely irrelevant to the topic of that sign, in accordance with the usual whataboutism. Nothing to cover, as it's the first post. If you need more obviousness, here it is in the original: https://siamrath.co.th/n/506347

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Gsxrnz said:

Maybe it's just me but I tend to look where I'm walking, and therefore avoid walking into static objects.:coffee1:

That's pretty much the standard response I've received in Thailand. My wife always says, "Your fault. Watch where you're going."

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, mikebell said:

Most Pattaya pedestrians are watching for the surface dangers; loose tiles; missing manhole covers; degraded paving.

Walk slower. Scan farther down stream.

• Love It 1

Huh... Or how humanity is turning even more stupid as it already was...

OK, low hanging-signs is one part of stupidity: it is indeed very dangerous for blind people, for whom the white pole is in this case of no help.

But tourists?? Jogger?? When they were kids, hadn't they been instructed by Mom and Dad to always watch out where they were HEADing to??

I wonder this each time when I am in Bangkok: people, especially big fat Westerners are not even looking in front of them when they walk!

Same with Asians with the nose on the smartphone while walking!

The same people will later complain and lament, that women are not wearing high heels anymore.

Except that they just ignore that because of them, ladies in high heels coming from the opposite directions had to make challenging maneuvers just to avoid them!

• Confused 6