Bank letter for Chaengwattana (Retirement Extension)

In the past I've always requested the bank letter the day before I visit Immigration and can then pick it up the next day (i.e. the day I visit Immigration).  The letter's typically available around 11:30.  Something to do with Head Office having to produce it.  I then drive to Chaengwattana, arriving around 2:30 p.m.

With the new-ish appointment system the latest I can get an appointment is 2 p.m. which is cutting it very fine, even if I put my foot down.

Would they accept a letter from two days before? (Plus, of course, an updated passbook.)

Thanks

Edited by Foxx
Typo

3 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Would they accept a letter from two days before? (Plus, of course, an updated passbook.)

Yes.

Which bank? 

Why can't you obtain bank letter from banks on lower level (CW)

My bank does not have the book. I got the letter a day before, on the day itself I drew a small amount from an ATM machine and attached the slip with the balance and the withdrawal to the statement. It was always accepted.

4 hours ago, MPoll said:

I am surprised you can’t get the bank letter same day.

You can. 

Takes about 20 min all up.

Note SCB does not have branch at CW.

The banks open at 8.30am at CW. 

17 minutes ago, hkblademan said:

Takes Bangkok Bank 15 minutes to print my bank letter. 12 months statements can take up to a week.

Same to me.

And don't mix bank letter and bank statement. Indeed the Bangkok Bank needs 7 days(!) to order a 12 month statement from the central office. Archaic.

At my office (not CW) they always accepted the letter from day before.

But last time I was reminded to update the bank book on day of application.

9 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Same to me.

And don't mix bank letter and bank statement. Indeed the Bangkok Bank needs 7 days(!) to order a 12 month statement from the central office. Archaic.

At my office (not CW) they always accepted the letter from day before.

But last time I was reminded to update the bank book on day of application.

Archaic is good word to describe BB regards bank statements.

Kasikorn does it on the spot (does take some time) 

The Bank Letter should be ok up to 7 days old. 

CW also like to see "activity" on day of application.

Some folk make small deposit 

8 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes.

Which bank? 

Why can't you obtain bank letter from banks on lower level (CW)

I used to do this until SCB closed their branch at CW. Now I present a letter from SCB dated the day before I apply for my retirement extension, and have had no problems. 

Question to DrJack54, please. You said Saturday 01:49pm 'CW likes to see activity on day of application.' Please clarify for me that that relates to Savings account and not Fixed Deposit with 800k on deposit. In which case activity that day is irrelevant. Thanks...

4 minutes ago, baz 79 said:

Question to DrJack54, please. You said Saturday 01:49pm 'CW likes to see activity on day of application.' Please clarify for me that that relates to Savings account and not Fixed Deposit with 800k on deposit. In which case activity that day is irrelevant. Thanks...

Personally I use two accounts (same bank) a FD and Savings account.

I update both by making a deposit and have the bank print out the "bank letter" 

Note when I have outlined that with Extension Reports I always get replies from folk using FD account that they Do Not make a deposit into their account on day of application.

The deposit I use for savings is 100b and for FD 1000b (minimum deposit for FD Kasikorn)