Lazada Again.

NoshowJones

15 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I don't get it....  

When a poster highlights an issue we get the 'never happened to me' response as if the poster who highlighted said issue is exaggerating or has some underlying agenda... 

It's the farang's overriding sense of superiority which is distilled to a potent level on these hallowed pages.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I don't get it....  

When a poster highlights an issue we get the 'never happened to me' response as if the poster who highlighted said issue is exaggerating or has some underlying agenda... 

That's not beyond the realms of possibility!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

And my family, myself and others have bought from the Lazada site at least 100 times. Never ever had one issue or problem.

I have had a couple of problems over a few years, and that was because I misread what I thought I ordered.

I have just ordered 3 separate items from 3 different suppliers this weekend (1 is a re-order as I have already used the original up). The shipping cost alone is much cheaper than the cost of travel to buy the items as they are not available locally, even if I could find them locally.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

I don't get it....  

Quite often it is the buyer's fault, not following the instructions

'What I didn't realise is that there was a 'official' refund procedure to follow and I wasn't doing that correctly. '

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:
2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I don't get it....  

That's not beyond the realms of possibility!

True... but its still a flippant throw away response...

'I got bitten by a dog'....  'never happened to me' (it must be your own fault)... kind of comment.... 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

Is there anyway you can go to a Lazada place and see what you want before you buy it? I have been let down far too often to trust them to send me exactly what I want.

All that stuff you see on their website that their crooked sellers have for sale must be kept somewhere.

Order and send it back if you don't like. Where's your problem? It's like Christmas. Getting parcels, unbox it and be surprised.

It's fun😂😂😂

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

Is there anyway you can go to a Lazada place and see what you want before you buy it? I have been let down far too often to trust them to send me exactly what I want.

All that stuff you see on their website that their crooked sellers have for sale must be kept somewhere.

It's called online shopping for a reason... if you order something and you are not happy with it send it back... it's easy

17 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Yup... I get you... 

Before Christmas, over half of what I ordered was cancelled... Refunds where fast, but that wasn't the issue, time was. 

I found that when I ordered something for the 'best price' I could find, the order was cancelled (and refunded) after a few days or a week, but I could still find exactly the same items, exactly the same photos, exactly the same worded comments etc from another vendor... 

It became apparent to me that there was some sort of 'baiting' going on where, you select a cheaper option, then when its cancelled you go to a more expensive options (meanwhile the original vendor is still 'open' for ordering the same items)... 

Its frustrating because its very time wasting - I just accept it as one of the by products of doing business with the Chinese. 

I don't find that this happens with a Thai based online stores. 

With regards to your question - Lazada stuff comes from individual vendors... Lazada is just the 'middle-man'... So you may be able to visit some vendors who have a physical presence and also 'advertise' (list) on Lazada, while others not because they only have an online presence. 

With regards to trust: Customer ratings are a good indicator of that, but not always perfect. 

Lazada (and shopee) are very much hit and miss IMO, but I've always had my money back when things don't work out.. its just the time wasting thats an issue for me. 

You are on this forum so time doesn't seem to be that big of an issue... FYI Lazada is based in Singapore and each country has their own headquarters... if you don't want to buy from China there are a multitude of other vendors and each one lists where they are located.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

Far LESS than perfect, and I'll explain why...

Do NOT trust seller ratings. Many have been falsely raised. Here's how...

Companies have been formed with the single purpose of raising the seller's feedback score, with fake purchases.

Unfortunately, one of these companies has used my name and address, and I now have a large shopping bag full of dozens of small shipping envelopes from Lazada and Shopee, with junk I didn't order.

The company hires people to make hundreds of small orders for items costing less than 5-10 baht; hair bands, plant ties, cheap barrettes, pins, etc. One order might contain just two plant twist-ties or two stickers... anything that costs less than a couple of baht. The employee might make 50, 100, or 200 orders at day to the same vendor using other people's addresses as recipients. The company pays for these orders, and the product goes to someone else (like me.) Then the employee fills out the feedback forms. 50, 100, 200 feedback forms for the same vendor, giving him high marks.

Anyone want a big bag full of cheap junk?  Didn't cost me anything, but nothing I can use.

Not really sure how this is possible. The ratings are for the product not the seller although the seller gets rated..

The op os shopping for lowest price i would recommend messaging the sellers and ask if its in stock if not move on

• Like 1

17 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I can't remember what happened, but I received my refund after a couple of weeks

Use Lazada Wallet and refunds are made within 24 hrs if not much sooner if you use a Thai bank app to top off Wallet. Also better than paying COD that requires you to personally receive delivery. 

18 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

Yes I will try Ikea. Thanks.

I have a chair from Ikea and have to say it is a good quality with 10 years waranty, about the chair recomandable, about other stuff, that's a different story.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

In my case it was a chair, when it was delivered I gave it straight to my wife's brother to assemble it for me, at the time I was told by one poster that I should have checked it first, but you cannot do that and have the delivery guy standing waiting. It was assembled but Lazada now don't want to know about it.

I was in a "live" chat a few times with them but I don't believe it even was a live chatline, it was just too mechanical.

You can call them. But it sounds like perhaps you reported the issue to Lazada too late. 
But I’ve had Lazada agree to refunds months later after I showed them that the seller was just stringing me along with broken promises. 
Even LazMall/Lazada Ltd send out cr@p sometimes. Opened box instead of new. 

Do your due diligence in research (compare price, vendors, ask the vendor, etc). Because it was so cheap, just yesterday I asked a vendor if the item was made in Japan (as a Japan-made product was pictured) and the vendor replied that it was made in China. 

If you order and it's still crap, return it for a refund. I've gotten some excellent items; I've returned many that didn't meet expectations. 

31 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

Use Lazada Wallet and refunds are made within 24 hrs if not much sooner if you use a Thai bank app to top off Wallet. Also better than paying COD that requires you to personally receive delivery. 

I absolutely refuse to use Lazada Wallet. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Yup... I get you... 

Before Christmas, over half of what I ordered was cancelled... Refunds where fast, but that wasn't the issue, time was. 

I found that when I ordered something for the 'best price' I could find, the order was cancelled (and refunded) after a few days or a week, but I could still find exactly the same items, exactly the same photos, exactly the same worded comments etc from another vendor... 

It became apparent to me that there was some sort of 'baiting' going on where, you select a cheaper option, then when its cancelled you go to a more expensive options (meanwhile the original vendor is still 'open' for ordering the same items)... 

Its frustrating because its very time wasting - I just accept it as one of the by products of doing business with the Chinese. 

With regards to your question - Lazada stuff comes from individual vendors... Lazada is just the 'middle-man'... So you may be able to visit some vendors who have a physical presence and also 'advertise' (list) on Lazada, while others not because they only have an online presence. 

With regards to trust: Customer ratings are a good indicator of that, but not always perfect. 

Lazada (and shopee) are very much hit and miss IMO, but I've always had my money back when things don't work out.. its just the time wasting thats an issue for me. 

It is true that on Lazada that an identical item of the same manufacture will be offered by numerous retailers at sometimes substantial varying prices . I have seen discounts of up to 60% . BTW , I never pay up front , thus avoiding order cancellation refunds ( happened to me last week ) , only use C.O.D.  Always take a video of the delivered boxed item when opening the box

• Thumbs Up 1

In all the years been using L:azada most have been perfect, ordered [70 % off Sale] 24 Pegs & 20 SS Hooks Friday evening, item arrived yesterday [Sunday]

Do find odd on Lazada, order something from Thailand = 45 baht delivery charge -  order same item from China  29 baht delivery charge, my last item was from Taiwan also 29 baht delivery charge...    All items were the same, same brand, 'The Good Doctor' from Taiwan was even cheaper = less that 50% cheaper than the cheapest Pharmacy in Thailand

on the other had had many problem with Shopee, wrong item sent, many orders cancelled..

But then we have Tops, ordered 2,650 baht food stuff , nothing arrived on fixed date, 2 week later received message, 'out of stock'  !!   - What on all items about 12 different things.....   !!!    Big C is a waste of time, order then most items no not arrive....  Not used before Lotus's so tried this last week  24 items ordered, 18 items arrived, 4 of these did not order + 2 other items were a different brand + more expensive, so refused., had the money ready 2,160 baht, sorting at the gate paid 820 baht........ waste of time..  must go if someone will take me to Big C Extra myself... as need these items..

Why have them listed if no stock ? why send different items than order ?  Online ordering has gone downhill in resent months ..order = pot luck what may arrive

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, BigStar said:

I buy stuff from Aliexpress all the time. In only two instances out of hundreds did I have an issue. Full refund on one; 50% discount on a shirt the wrong size but that I could still wear (and do). One item proved defective, but it was out of warranty, so nothing unfair. 

Used Lazada for years, no problem w/ refunds on a few items. Not worried about time: no comparison between the time you save by ordering online rather than visiting shops, BIG time waster. And then re-visiting to get a refund if necessary. I suspect you have plenty of time, anyway.

How in the world have you bought " hundreds" of items?  You must be a professional shopper or a serous addict.  Do you just look for stuff constantly?

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

How in the world have you bought " hundreds" of items?  You must be a professional shopper or a serous addict.  Do you just look for stuff constantly?

Been shopping on Aliexpress for years, bought all kinds of stuff. I won't bother listing it all, if you don't mind. Much would be of no interest to our members, or items they'd never buy online, let alone (horrors!) from China, or, if they did, they'd buy from Lazada. I don't need the feedback here; I know what I'm doing, thank you.

Lazada has improved a lot over the past couple of years, much more stuff, better prices, faster delivery, so now I'm using Lazada mainly, and reserving Aliexpress for items Lazada doesn't have, or are overpriced, or are of lesser variety.

5 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:
22 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Yup... I get you... 

Expand  

You are on this forum so time doesn't seem to be that big of an issue... FYI Lazada is based in Singapore and each country has their own headquarters...

Either through being deliberately obtuse or lack of smarts you've misunderstood 'time' in this context.

In this context - time is not referred to as 'how much time in the day I have to post on this forum'...

In this context - time is referred to as 'placing an order 3 weeks before Christmas and receiving it in time'...

I hope that clears up an overwhelmingly simple misunderstanding for you... 

if you don't want to buy from China there are a multitude of other vendors and each one lists where they are located.

Except when items ordered are only available from China....  I hope that clears up your flawed oversimplification.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

I have 32 pages of orders going back to Jan 2019.... (that easily accounts for 100's of items)....   easily done. 

It's called online shopping for a reason... if you order something and you are not happy with it send it back... it's easy

Not easy, I have been on their chatline a few times in the last 2 weeks, every time I have tried to contact the seller he has not been there.

4 hours ago, NextG said:

You can call them. But it sounds like perhaps you reported the issue to Lazada too late. 
But I’ve had Lazada agree to refunds months later after I showed them that the seller was just stringing me along with broken promises. 
Even LazMall/Lazada Ltd send out cr@p sometimes. Opened box instead of new. 

Not too late, within 7 days. Let's face it, they have some cheating sellers and won't take responsibility for them.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

Not easy, I have been on their chatline a few times in the last 2 weeks, every time I have tried to contact the seller he has not been there.

it's as easy as looking at your order status on Lazada and then click the link "RETURN" on the right

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, tgw said:

it's as easy as looking at your order status on Lazada and then click the link "RETURN" on the right

It is not, I have tried that. Yes, it works for some people. If everyone was treated the way I was they would soon be out of business..

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

Not too late, within 7 days. Let's face it, they have some cheating sellers and won't take responsibility for them.

It’s usually within three days, unless you click on the Extend Guarantee button. Fifteen days for LazMall.