Lazada Again.

NoshowJones

8 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

It is not, I have tried that. Yes, it works for some people. If everyone was treated the way I was they would soon be out of business..

we have your word for it that you "did that" and "it didn't work".

as I sometimes help people with their computers, it's like a déjà vu situation.

of course that RETURN button is only usable for a limited amount of time.

I've ordered probably over a hundred items on the Lazada platform including pricy stuff, and can't complain about the return and refund procedures.

One thing to do is take 5 minutes vetting the seller before ordering from him.

Edited by tgw
  • Agree 1

56 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I have 32 pages of orders going back to Jan 2019.... (that easily accounts for 100's of items)....   easily done. 

But why?  How can you constantly " need" stuff? Is it pretty much a habit or hobby just buying stuff?  Is buyer's remorse high?

22 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Call them, they have English-speaking staff.

I have called them and engaged in "live" chat many times, there are times when the same words and sentences keep coming up even though I was supposed to be talking to different people.

I may be wrong but I am sure that sometimes the "live" chat is not really live.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, tgw said:

I regularly buy stuff that is cheaper on Lazada than at the supermarket.

Vitamin pills, crisps, chocolate, sausage, salami, but also computer parts, household items and consumables, razor blade cartridges, etc.

Can you buy a gym membership? 

4 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

I have called them and engaged in "live" chat many times, there are times when the same words and sentences keep coming up even though I was supposed to be talking to different people.

I may be wrong but I am sure that sometimes the "live" chat is not really live.

Forget about the ‘live chat’. That is useless other than getting a written record of what was said. I called ☎️ them and my query was actioned promptly. Money already back to me. 

4 hours ago, superal said:

It is true that on Lazada that an identical item of the same manufacture will be offered by numerous retailers at sometimes substantial varying prices . I have seen discounts of up to 60% . BTW , I never pay up front , thus avoiding order cancellation refunds ( happened to me last week ) , only use C.O.D.  Always take a video of the delivered boxed item when opening the box

Do you not find that the delivery guy will refuse to allow you to open the box until he is paid? I mean he is just doing his job, why should he be inconveniently held back from his work? Imagine getting a box with many parts to assemble, how long is it going to take you to check everything?

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, tgw said:

we have your word for it that you "did that" and "it didn't work".

as I sometimes help people with their computers, it's like a déjà vu situation.

of course that RETURN button is only usable for a limited amount of time.

I've ordered probably over a hundred items on the Lazada platform including pricy stuff, and can't complain about the return and refund procedures.

One thing to do is take 5 minutes vetting the seller before ordering from him.

If you read back. one poster has already described how vetting can be done in the sellers favour.

1 hour ago, proton said:

Homepro does the same and better value for money, but lot less choice

But HomePro quality is questionable, with IKEA it's proven, been buying stuff there for 30+ years 

Edited by scubascuba3

2 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

Do you not find that the delivery guy will refuse to allow you to open the box until he is paid? I mean he is just doing his job, why should he be inconveniently held back from his work? Imagine getting a box with many parts to assemble, how long is it going to take you to check everything?

You are correct , however the reason for C.O.D. for me is that I do not have to part with the money until I receive the item as opposed to paying up front and the item is the wrong item , cancelled or out of stock . Then I have to claim a refund and time & hassle that goes with that . On receipt of the item I always take a video of opening the box . As I mentioned on a previous post , the only safe way to be sure that a bought item is what you order and is in good condition , is to buy from a shop in person .  

6 hours ago, ignis said:

In all the years been using L:azada most have been perfect, ordered [70 % off Sale] 24 Pegs & 20 SS Hooks Friday evening, item arrived yesterday [Sunday]

Do find odd on Lazada, order something from Thailand = 45 baht delivery charge -  order same item from China  29 baht delivery charge, my last item was from Taiwan also 29 baht delivery charge...    All items were the same, same brand, 'The Good Doctor' from Taiwan was even cheaper = less that 50% cheaper than the cheapest Pharmacy in Thailand

on the other had had many problem with Shopee, wrong item sent, many orders cancelled..

But then we have Tops, ordered 2,650 baht food stuff , nothing arrived on fixed date, 2 week later received message, 'out of stock'  !!   - What on all items about 12 different things.....   !!!    Big C is a waste of time, order then most items no not arrive....  Not used before Lotus's so tried this last week  24 items ordered, 18 items arrived, 4 of these did not order + 2 other items were a different brand + more expensive, so refused., had the money ready 2,160 baht, sorting at the gate paid 820 baht........ waste of time..  must go if someone will take me to Big C Extra myself... as need these items..

Why have them listed if no stock ? why send different items than order ?  Online ordering has gone downhill in resent months ..order = pot luck what may arrive

TOPS have been disappointing recently . I used to like some of their Waitrose products and their cod fish fingers .  Now they are discontinued , according to their chat line .

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

If you read back. one poster has already described how vetting can be done in the sellers favour.

vetting means you yourself make up your own mind about the seller, based on how many sales, how long has the shop been on lazada, how well are the descriptions written, look at low rating reviews, is it a lazmall shop, is the sale fulfilled by lazada, is it a pure online shop or does a brick&mortar venue exist, do you find the seller on other social media, website, does the seller reply well on chat, etc etc etc

obviously the more valuable the item, the more time I will spend doing this.

Edited by tgw
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, superal said:

You are correct , however the reason for C.O.D. for me is that I do not have to part with the money until I receive the item as opposed to paying up front and the item is the wrong item , cancelled or out of stock . Then I have to claim a refund and time & hassle that goes with that . On receipt of the item I always take a video of opening the box . As I mentioned on a previous post , the only safe way to be sure that a bought item is what you order and is in good condition , is to buy from a shop in person .  

That's true but Ikea and others like that don't have the computer table that I am looking for, the one I want should be about 60 ins from the floor to the desktop, all the others are about 75ins up.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

That's true but Ikea and others like that don't have the computer table that I am looking for, the one I want should be about 60 ins from the floor to the desktop, all the others are about 75ins up.

Maybe a higher chair ?  + a foot stool if your feet do not reach the floor ?   :biggrin:

6 minutes ago, ignis said:

Maybe a higher chair ?  + a foot stool if your feet do not reach the floor ?   :biggrin:

No I have just bought a new chair and it has a footrest attached.

On 1/14/2024 at 2:16 PM, NoshowJones said:

There is another thing I want but Lazada are the only place that has it, and I am now frightened to order anything of value from them.

Dont, just got delivered a 1500+B air purifier, I highly suspect its counterfeit, cant find a model description on the boxing, the manual is very very so basic its not possible to be a Sharp! Looked for a replacement filter nothing that resembles it comes up anywhere, did a google of Sharp air purifiers again nothing like the one I just received shows up anywhere.

One speed, claims to do 49sq m, that should have raised my antennas, why not 50 or 45? size of 2 1.5lt coke bottles, had one back in AU doing 50 sq m approx was 6 to 8 times the size...

As you know lot of dirty air around now, my old one would go from blue to red while cooking, this thing didnt even detect cooking..ahhhhhhhhhhh

Contacted seller to return, lesson learned anything over 3 to 400 just go to Home Pro etc.

And yes I got burned 120AU$ in Ali Express on a retuned item that clearly was junk (the claimed to never have received the returned item and Ali Express left me for dead because I was not quick enough to respond to an email with return post office number so left to deal with the seller) so the moral of the story is for bigger ticket items unless you are buying from someone like Home Pro direct just go buy direct instore.

• Love It 1

Not only big ticket item buy at Home Pro,  Needed RECESSED LED PANEL LAMP 60x60

Home Pro + Global  House   have them 1,590 - 1.890 baht each

Lazada 199 baht, in the past 2 years have bought 4 all perfect, bit thin but works fine, 2 others small ones about the same price years ago and sill working fine..

air purifier bought at Home Pro. they replaces it under warranty within 3 months, even the replacement only works for a short time, as I can remember cost around 3.000 + baht  !!      yet the 590 baht one from Lazada  years ago still working fine 

it is all a bit pot luck

18 hours ago, ignis said:

Not only big ticket item buy at Home Pro,  Needed RECESSED LED PANEL LAMP 60x60

Home Pro + Global  House   have them 1,590 - 1.890 baht each

Lazada 199 baht, in the past 2 years have bought 4 all perfect, bit thin but works fine, 2 others small ones about the same price years ago and sill working fine..

air purifier bought at Home Pro. they replaces it under warranty within 3 months, even the replacement only works for a short time, as I can remember cost around 3.000 + baht  !!      yet the 590 baht one from Lazada  years ago still working fine 

it is all a bit pot luck

We get lured into a false sense of security buying online, I won't buy anything significant again online, unless its a major store and then im happy to go there,  plenty of cheaper copy stuff works fine this crappy air purifier wasn't, one speed, filter looked like something out of car, meant to be 2.5 etc etc, clunky control panel, as I said the one I had back home from a major company was 6 times the size for a similar space, and worked fine for a few years before I came here, any way its selling something for a fairly high price pretending its from a major company probably cost a third of the price sitting in you room thinking its giving you clean air when its hardly working, and you were ripped off and the guy selling it to you runs around BKK in his BMW 5 series.

Yes I bought a air purifier from Home Pro yesterday like I should have in the first place, checked at Power Buys then Index mall first all had something I was interested in and in the end bough what I got, 5 year warranty does 60 sq m and its 6 to 7 times the size of that copy one ahh and of course a hell of a lot more expensive, I will say im not up with air purifiers so protest naivety but now buying my second realise that almost 1600 B would be a tiny thing that sits on your desk as your working assuming its genuine...

Not against using online stores just for low cost items, if theres a loss its not to much and easy to take. I have bought quite a lot of items through Ali Express and Lazadas, all low cost items around $AU5 to $AU15 but the first time on both sites I spend around $AU100 I got burned...go figure that...