Visa Agents

ivorsmile

2 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

They don't earn in dollars. 

But they do have access to invest in dollars, yes? 

What difference does it make what they earn in, they can always exchange it yes?

For a rich investor type, you don't seem to know much about it. 

36 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

the idea that you are only spending five minutest is ridiculous. You still have to go there and come back, and typically you have to wait for the agent or your staff to get everything done. 

Is using an agent easier? Sure. Is it faster? Maybe a bit. 

What F"""ing business is it of yours why people use a legitimate agent?

You do not know the logistics involved in people's individual cases, like how far from the office, which office whether it is agent or lawyer, whether they pick you up etc etc!

Keep your nose out of my and other's business!

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

You do not know the logistics involved in people's individual cases, like how far from the office, which office whether it is agent or lawyer, whether they pick you up etc etc!

I would argue some of the practices of agents are far from legitimate, passing on bribes, getting extensions from provinces people do not live in for example

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

The thread is about agents.

The word agent is quoted in the above quote and a lawyer is MORE than qualified to act as an agent on my behalf.

I therefore state that the use/inclusion of the said word "lawyer" is therefore on topic!

What is it about agents that sets certain people off to such an extent? I don't get it.If you don't like agents, just ignore the post. And why do some people need to know a person's life history in order to answer a simple question? Oh, well.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, scottiejohn said:

The word agent is quoted in the above quote and a lawyer is MORE than qualified to act as an agent on my behalf.

I therefore state that the use/inclusion of the said word "lawyer" is therefore on topic!

The OP asks about a visa agent. Not lawyer.

A Lawyer is unlikely to get involved with bribing immigration staff which, as yet unconfirmed, is likely in this instance.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, youreavinalaff said:

The OP asks about a visa agent. Not lawyer.

A Lawyer is unlikely to get involved with bribing immigration staff which, as yet unconfirmed, is likely in this instance.

Please note that I am only posting about the use of agents/lawyers for legitimate interaction with the IO!

22 minutes ago, proton said:

I would argue some of the practices of agents are far from legitimate, passing on bribes, getting extensions from provinces people do not live in for example

No one disagrees that SOME of the practices of some posters and agents are far from legitimate but I have only posted about the use of agents etc for legitimate purposes!

Please differentiate from the two different practices!

1 hour ago, scottiejohn said:

Why did you cut up my post to make it look like I care what you do? That's dishonest. But you don't care about honesty do you? 

Here's what I said: 

"If people want to use agents, great. I had staff to do it for me when I was working, and do it myself now. 

BUT, the idea that you are only spending five minutest is ridiculous. You still have to go there and come back, and typically you have to wait for the agent or your staff to get everything done. 

Is using an agent easier? Sure. Is it faster? Maybe a bit. 

I really don't mind going to CW, and don't get what the big deal it. 

The rich people that are earning too much on their 800K in their home county to risk moving it here could easily use the monthly income method."

Nearly anything that can be accomplished with an agent can now be accomplished directly at the immigration office using one of the immigration officials. They are nearly all for sale, they are all on the take, so all you have to do is explain your situation and ask them what are the fees involved, and they will give you a quote very happily. 

I have done this first hand and it is a fact. 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

BUT, the idea that you are only spending five minutest is ridiculous. You still have to go there and come back, and typically you have to wait for the agent or your staff to get everything done. 

My friend drops off his passport and picks it up the next day. His earlier agent used to come to his condo and pick up the passport and deliver it too. 

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

They are nearly all for sale, they are all on the take, so all you have to do is explain your situation and ask them what are the fees involved, and they will give you a quote very happily. 

It is good for them to increase their earnings.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, jaywalker2 said:

What is it about agents that sets certain people off to such an extent?

Because they get jealous. They were lucky (not a personal accomplishment) to earn in dollars, but they had to travel 10,000 miles to live like refugees in a foreign land, possibly using a 'wify' visa. Because they don't have any other personal accomplishments in life, I noticed that 80% of members view DIY as a sign of personal accomplishments.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

Because they get jealous. They were lucky (not a personal accomplishment) to earn in dollars, but they had to travel 10,000 miles to live like refugees in a foreign land, possibly using a 'wify' visa. Because they don't have any other personal accomplishments in life, I noticed that 80% of members view DIY as a sign of personal accomplishments.

What, We get jealous of people like you handing money over as a back hander to an immigration officer, via an agent. yeah, right on man. :coffee1:

But most of us,  do think your type are mostly liars and cheats and should not be here.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Nearly anything that can be accomplished with an agent can now be accomplished directly at the immigration office using one of the immigration officials. They are nearly all for sale, they are all on the take, so all you have to do is explain your situation and ask them what are the fees involved, and they will give you a quote very happily. 

what office was that? just because one is on the take doe not mean they all are

6 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

It is good for them to increase their earnings.

They are breaking the law, just like cops do when they stop people to extort money out of them, is that OK as well?

13 hours ago, amexpat said:

Maybe yellowtail thinks this is a public forum where people can exchange ideas and opinions. 

Well, in so many instances, posts do not come across as 'ideas' and 'opinions', they look to me more as using vitriolic words and claiming that they are facts...

11 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Well perhaps, but not in Phuket town.... In Phuket town, it is not a fact....

But IO will do their best to make one go through an Agent, for known reasons....

7 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

I've accomplished alot in my life. All without earning in dollars.

Does everyone who earns dollars have a flawed superiority complex?

11 hours ago, proton said:

what office was that? just because one is on the take doe not mean they all are

Okay maybe not all but I would guess 99%. All you have to do is ask, you'll be shocked at the range of services that they offer. 

8 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Okay maybe not all but I would guess 99%. All you have to do is ask, you'll be shocked at the range of services that they offer. 

So, when found to be lying you go from 100% to 99%. 

I've never had to pay anyone anything extra for anything at immigration, and it has never even been hinted at. 

I think cheaters often tend to think everyone is cheating, and that that makes it okay. 

• Thanks 1

When i was a couple of months short of the 12 months income statement from my Thai bank for my retirement extension i was offered the opportunity to just pay 15K and the problem would go away. I just went back to my bank and got the two months statement that was missing.

Its good to know there are ways to solve problems imo.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

When i was a couple of months short of the 12 months income statement from my Thai bank for my retirement extension i was offered the opportunity to just pay 15K and the problem would go away. I just went back to my bank and got the two months statement that was missing.

Its good to know there are ways to solve problems imo.

Who made the offer and where?

On 1/21/2024 at 6:22 PM, proton said:

Please tell us more about the subject! Agent users are 3 types, those who cannot even fill out a form, they need their hands held, those who claim they don't want to leave money in a Thai bank as the 400-800k gets them a bit more in interest back home, minus the bribes. But mostly those with no money and who do not qualify for an extension and who should not be here, they are paying bribes for an agent to pass on to an officer to look the other way. Are you one of those?

Hi, just thinking that I might have read wrongly the intent of your post. The last question, one of those, perhaps was just a question, and not a sarcasm...

If I was wrong then I apologize.

And I am posting some information on the use of Agents. That sometimes is the only way to obtain a reasonable service.

"

Re-posting this one here... Seems like you might need this knowledge as well.....

"Well yes, in this land, situations are mostly related to money and territory.

I am located in Phuket, and there are many Agents who offer a service of dealing with an IO on a customer behalf, for a fee. And this fee is shared between the Agent, and at a very high level at the IO, then further shared...

And strangely, some of the Agents are able to conduct their business directly with the local IO, while others go through a remote IO, such as Nakhon Sawan. Now why is that, I have no idea. Appears like Agents must be 'accredited' for the use of such a service at a given IO.

And those Agents who appear to not be able to be accredited locally here, are always able to find a remote IO that is willing to offer such a service to Agents.

But the consequence of getting a 'retirement extension' from a remote location, would mean that the IO doing a 90 day for example, would be required to do that 'free' work, while knowing very well that a non-local IO got a share of the money for the initial 'extension' work. Not happy with that.

So some Agents who deal with a non-local IO, for whatever reason, will offer a free service of obtaining all 90 day reports from the IO that was used to obtain the 'retirement visa'. This of course would entail having to send the passport again and again through mail to obtain the 90 day stamps.

Something that of course anyone would like to avoid. An IO can tell what process was originally used to obtain a service, through a quick glance at the passport. That is what they do for a living. A few seconds will do it...

And to add to the complexity of this situation, once a foreigner has used an Agent, the IO will try as they can to keep this individual to keep on putting money in the system. Lots of money in there. Trying to do further 'retirement extensions' on your own, at the lower fee of course, will get you to be faced with all sorts of problems, being raised by the IO, to make the process as long and difficult as possible. With the aim of breaking you down and getting you back at an Agent's office, and paying the bigger fee. If one is intent on not paying for an Agent, make sure that your income taxes are in order in your country, make sure that your embassy will offer a service of confirming your income, and accept to be patient time and time again when you are told that "Oh, the for that you used is an out-dated one. Use this one, and come back some other day.....

I was initially forced to go see an Agent, after the onset of the Covid era, with airport closed here, borders of neighboring countries closed, so not being able to leave the country to extend my OA visa, and not being able to stay in the country, as my visa would soon expire. 2019, 2020.

When I explained that at the IO, I was told that there was nothing that they could do. The law was written this way.

Then I was told in a whisper, go see an Agent, they will fix it up for you.

And Agent, Oh yes."

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Andre0720 said:

Hi, just thinking that I might have read wrongly the intent of your post. The last question, one of those, perhaps was just a question, and not a sarcasm...

If I was wrong then I apologize.

And I am posting some information on the use of Agents. That sometimes is the only way to obtain a reasonable service.

"

Re-posting this one here... Seems like you might need this knowledge as well.....

"Well yes, in this land, situations are mostly related to money and territory.

I am located in Phuket, and there are many Agents who offer a service of dealing with an IO on a customer behalf, for a fee. And this fee is shared between the Agent, and at a very high level at the IO, then further shared...

And strangely, some of the Agents are able to conduct their business directly with the local IO, while others go through a remote IO, such as Nakhon Sawan. Now why is that, I have no idea. Appears like Agents must be 'accredited' for the use of such a service at a given IO.

And those Agents who appear to not be able to be accredited locally here, are always able to find a remote IO that is willing to offer such a service to Agents.

But the consequence of getting a 'retirement extension' from a remote location, would mean that the IO doing a 90 day for example, would be required to do that 'free' work, while knowing very well that a non-local IO got a share of the money for the initial 'extension' work. Not happy with that.

So some Agents who deal with a non-local IO, for whatever reason, will offer a free service of obtaining all 90 day reports from the IO that was used to obtain the 'retirement visa'. This of course would entail having to send the passport again and again through mail to obtain the 90 day stamps.

Something that of course anyone would like to avoid. An IO can tell what process was originally used to obtain a service, through a quick glance at the passport. That is what they do for a living. A few seconds will do it...

And to add to the complexity of this situation, once a foreigner has used an Agent, the IO will try as they can to keep this individual to keep on putting money in the system. Lots of money in there. Trying to do further 'retirement extensions' on your own, at the lower fee of course, will get you to be faced with all sorts of problems, being raised by the IO, to make the process as long and difficult as possible. With the aim of breaking you down and getting you back at an Agent's office, and paying the bigger fee. If one is intent on not paying for an Agent, make sure that your income taxes are in order in your country, make sure that your embassy will offer a service of confirming your income, and accept to be patient time and time again when you are told that "Oh, the for that you used is an out-dated one. Use this one, and come back some other day.....

I was initially forced to go see an Agent, after the onset of the Covid era, with airport closed here, borders of neighboring countries closed, so not being able to leave the country to extend my OA visa, and not being able to stay in the country, as my visa would soon expire. 2019, 2020.

When I explained that at the IO, I was told that there was nothing that they could do. The law was written this way.

Then I was told in a whisper, go see an Agent, they will fix it up for you.

And Agent, Oh yes."

Agents that are only providing convenience and not circumventing the law are cheap, and do not have to pay bribes. 

Why would you have to send your passport again and again for 90-day reports? 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Agents that are only providing convenience and not circumventing the law are cheap, and do not have to pay bribes. 

Why would you have to send your passport again and again for 90-day reports? 

why have an agent do a 90 day report at all? a 7 year old can do them now and they even email a reminder. They would only need the PP if they lost his details

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1