Visa Agents

ivorsmile

13 minutes ago, flyingtlger said:

The only reason to use an agent is:

- If you're not old enough to qualify for a retirement visa

- if you don't have the 800K in a Thai bank.

- If you can't prove your residence.

- If you been deported or have a criminal record in Thailand.

- You're lazy, don't want to do the research and want to throw away money (in that case, get an elite visa).

An agent cannot help if you are not old enough. I doubt they can help if you've previously been deported either.

A criminal record in Thailand? I doubt that either.

Can't prove your residence? Unlikely.

Don't have 800k or are lazy? Most likely.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

He just wants agent info, a contact number, etc.. That's all. Not seeking opinions on why. Not seeking advice.

I would guess Nanya? As in nanya business?

But go ahead and give your unwanted and totally irrelevant opinions anyway. Bet you can't even find Nong Khai on a map either.

And then start arguing with another forum busybody. Priceless.

There you go. The OP is getting assistance from a fellow member.

Busy body you say? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Asking for a visa agent with no other info is inane.

Is it a Thai visa he needs for himself? A visa for his wife/partner to travel?

In answer to his second post, does he need financial assistance? Help with residence confirmation? TM30? Just help with documents?

Different agents in different places offer different services.

• Confused 1

On 1/16/2024 at 2:45 AM, flyingtlger said:

The only reason to use an agent is:

- If you're not old enough to qualify for a retirement visa

- if you don't have the 800K in a Thai bank.

- If you can't prove your residence.

- If you been deported or have a criminal record in Thailand.

- You're lazy, don't want to do the research and want to throw away money (in that case, get an elite visa).

You are very uninformed.

Not sure if it worth it provide the info that you are missing, and not sure if you are interested in finding out more about the subject....

• Thumbs Up 2

19 minutes ago, Andre0720 said:

You are very uninformed.

Not sure if it worth it provide the info that you are missing, and not sure if you are interested in finding out more about the subject....

Please tell us more about the subject! Agent users are 3 types, those who cannot even fill out a form, they need their hands held, those who claim they don't want to leave money in a Thai bank as the 400-800k gets them a bit more in interest back home, minus the bribes. But mostly those with no money and who do not qualify for an extension and who should not be here, they are paying bribes for an agent to pass on to an officer to look the other way. Are you one of those?

Edited by proton
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/16/2024 at 3:01 AM, youreavinalaff said:

An agent cannot help if you are not old enough. I doubt they can help if you've previously been deported either.

A criminal record in Thailand? I doubt that either.

Can't prove your residence? Unlikely.

Don't have 800k or are lazy? Most likely.

Not sure a jail record is a problem, there is a famous Canadian lawyer here who slit his own mother throat and an Irish guy in Rachada who posts on YT convicted of attempting  to murder his wife back home :sad:

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, proton said:

Not sure a jail record is a problem, there is a famous Canadian lawyer here who slit his own mother throat and an Irish guy in Rachada who posts on YT convicted of attempting  to murder his wife back home :sad:

I was replying in regards to a criminal record in Thailand.

Those with criminal records overseas can get visas and extensions themselves. No checks. No need for agents.

I know of a couple of expats who have been in prison in their native countries that nowcreside legally in Thsiland.

Edited by youreavinalaff
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, proton said:

Please tell us more about the subject! Agent users are 3 types, those who cannot even fill out a form, they need their hands held, those who claim they don't want to leave money in a Thai bank as the 400-800k gets them a bit more in interest back home, minus the bribes. But mostly those with no money and who do not qualify for an extension and who should not be here, they are paying bribes for an agent to pass on to an officer to look the other way. Are you one of those?

You are putting me in situation where I have to repeat myself:

You are very uninformed.

The way people write show if they possess critical thinking or not.

I think you know in which category you belong..

• Thumbs Up 1

54 minutes ago, proton said:

Please tell us more about the subject! Agent users are 3 types,

Actually there are at least 5 types!

4.  Those who can afford not to be p!ssed about by IO's and have better things to do with their time!

5.  Business people who get their lawyers/accountants to handle all their affairs!

With 4 & 5 (legal) you only need to spend 5 minutes in the IO getting your photo taken and getting your passport back!

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, scottiejohn said:

4.  Those who can afford not to be p!ssed about by IO's and have better things to do with their time!

5.  Business people who get their lawyers/accountants to handle all their affairs!

With 4 & 5 (legal) you only need to spend 5 minutes in the IO getting your photo taken and getting your passport back!

I'd rather spend the usual 30 minutes once a year and spend the money I'd saved on something nice.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

I'd rather spend the usual 30 minutes once a year and spend the money I'd saved on something nice.

Maybe 30 mins in your office!

In some offices it takes repeat visits!

No thanks, I have better things do do with my time!

PS; What concern is it of yours how I chose to conduct my business.

Do you say that people should only take a  1 hour bus ride at 20 Baht or a 20 Minute Taxi ride at 500 Baht?  What is the difference to you?

Just now, youreavinalaff said:

What nice thing that would be! Maybe feeding the poor? With all the horror stories about visa extensions, waiting in lines for hours, waiting in the bank for hours, collecting all the documents, and updating the passbook at bank ATMs, I don't believe the outrageous claim of 30 minutes. But if you take pride in DIY and not in sharing your fortunes with others who are unable to earn and invest in dollars, it's up to you. I don't take any pride in doing DIY except earning money and sharing it with others who don't have access to earning and investing in dollars. 

5 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Maybe 30 mins in your office!

In some offices it takes repeat visits!

No thanks, I have better things do do with my time!

PS; What concern is it of yours how I chose to conduct my business.

Do you say that people should only take a  1 hour bus ride at 20 Baht or a 20 Minute Taxi ride at 500 Baht?  What is the difference to you?

I don't recall making your business my concern.

I commented on my own business.

Your travel arrangements are also no concern of mine.

13 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

What nice thing that would be! Maybe feeding the poor? With all the horror stories about visa extensions, waiting in lines for hours, waiting in the bank for hours, collecting all the documents, and updating the passbook at bank ATMs, I don't believe the outrageous claim of 30 minutes. But if you take pride in DIY and not in sharing your fortunes with others who are unable to earn and invest in dollars, it's up to you. I don't take any pride in doing DIY except earning money and sharing it with others who don't have access to earning and investing in dollars. 

30 minutes is right. Not bothered if you don't believe me.

Bearing in mind agents fees are corruption payments, you are not sharing your wealth with the needy but are making the well off better off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scottiejohn said:

If people want to use agents, great. I had staff to do it for me when I was working, and do it myself now. 

BUT, the idea that you are only spending five minutest is ridiculous. You still have to go there and come back, and typically you have to wait for the agent or your staff to get everything done. 

Is using an agent easier? Sure. Is it faster? Maybe a bit. 

I really don't mind going to CW, and don't get what the big deal it. 

The rich people that are earning too much on their 800K in their home county to risk moving it here could easily use the monthly income method. 

• Sad 1

Just now, youreavinalaff said:

Bearing in mind agents fees are corruption payments, you are not sharing your wealth with the needy but are making the well off better off.

What a croc and lacking comprehension skills! I never said I was sharing with the needy. Please go and read again. I said unfortunates who don't have access to earn and invest in dollars. They are not the same as those who are needy or lack access to food, shelter, and clothing. I'm talking about people who have decent incomes in Thailand but don't have access to earn and invest in dollars. They have the same aspirations as people who have access to earning and investing in dollars, and I'm sure if they were in the US, their median income would be higher than European American's median income. So the only thing they lack is access to earn and invest in dollars. 

4 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

What a croc and lacking comprehension skills! I never said I was sharing with the needy. Please go and read again. I said unfortunates who don't have access to earn and invest in dollars. They are not the same as those who are needy or lack access to food, shelter, and clothing. I'm talking about people who have decent incomes in Thailand but don't have access to earn and invest in dollars. They have the same aspirations as people who have access to earning and investing in dollars, and I'm sure if they were in the US, their median income would be higher than European American's median income. So the only thing they lack is access to earn and invest in dollars. 

You meant the criminals that work as visa agents? Why do they not have access to investments in dollars? 

5 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

Oh dear. You seem to be suffering from repetitive BS syndrome

Get well soon.