Visa Agents

ivorsmile

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

Agents that are only providing convenience and not circumventing the law are cheap, and do not have to pay bribes. 

Why would you have to send your passport again and again for 90-day reports? 

But the consequence of getting a 'retirement extension' from a remote location, would mean that the IO doing a 90 day for example, would be required to do that 'free' work, while knowing very well that a non-local IO got a share of the money for the initial 'extension' work. Not happy with that.

So some Agents who deal with a non-local IO, for whatever reason, will offer a free service of obtaining all 90 day reports from the IO that was used to obtain the 'retirement visa'. This of course would entail having to send the passport again and again through mail to obtain the 90 day stamps.

So one could always go again to the same Agent, who will offer the service of obtaining 90 days stamps. This Agent does it by mailing the passport to this remote location, Nakhon Sawan, for example. The remote office will offer the service of 90 days stamps, since this office obtained originally the large fee to obtain the retirement visa.

So ideally, if possible, find an Agent who is able to obtain IO services locally.

• Sad 1

On 1/16/2024 at 6:05 PM, ivorsmile said:

Thankyou you both for your replies. I understand all your input, but my last question was, does anyone know of visa agents in the Nong Khai area. I wasn't asking why I would need to use a visa agent, just if anyone knew of any.

Thx 

John

Oh come on don't you want to hear endless unsolicited advice from the studio audience?  My agent works out of Bangkok he is excellent do you want me to contact him see if he recommends anyone in your area?

On 1/21/2024 at 4:58 PM, youreavinalaff said:

Asking for a visa agent with no other info is inane.

No, it is not if one is simply asking for contact info. 

Why does a poster have to tell you or us anything? 

Maybe the OP doesn't wish to wait in a queue🤔

32 minutes ago, proton said:

why have an agent do a 90 day report at all? a 7 year old can do them now and they even email a reminder. They would only need the PP if they lost his details

I think the 90-day report is part of the package the criminal (not all) agents provide. 

Again, nothing wrong with using an agent for connivance. We used one when I was working, and I think they charged 1,500 if I remember correctly, so it made sense when the staff was busy. 

People paying 15,000-30,000 are paying that to circumvent the law, for whatever reason. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Andre0720 said:

But the consequence of getting a 'retirement extension' from a remote location, would mean that the IO doing a 90 day for example, would be required to do that 'free' work, while knowing very well that a non-local IO got a share of the money for the initial 'extension' work. Not happy with that.

So some Agents who deal with a non-local IO, for whatever reason, will offer a free service of obtaining all 90 day reports from the IO that was used to obtain the 'retirement visa'. This of course would entail having to send the passport again and again through mail to obtain the 90 day stamps.

So one could always go again to the same Agent, who will offer the service of obtaining 90 days stamps. This Agent does it by mailing the passport to this remote location, Nakhon Sawan, for example. The remote office will offer the service of 90 days stamps, since this office obtained originally the large fee to obtain the retirement visa.

So ideally, if possible, find an Agent who is able to obtain IO services locally.

Can you do your 90-day report at a different office?

The 90-day can also be done online (sometimes) or by mail (always) so how it is a problem? 

If you have a valid extension and everything is in order, there is no reason you would have a problem with the 90-day report. 

It may be the agents don't want people doing their own because they don't want them figuring out how easy it is. 

• Haha 1

On 1/21/2024 at 5:41 PM, CartagenaWarlock said:

I don't believe in that. For me, updating passbooks in ATM machines, queuing up in the banks and IO offices, and genuflecting in front of IOs and their demands and whims for DIY is not an accomplishment in life. Not to mention the dollars you lose by keeping the money in a Thai bank. An accomplishment in life is doing everything using agents by spreading my luck (or wealth) to the people who don't have luck to earn and invest in dollars. 

The money in the bank is less than 20,000 quid, if you are hard up for the interest off that money places elsewhere, I tend to think that you are living in the wrong country. Thailand demands a very small security deposit from you, if you can't afford it, go elsewhere. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Olmate said:

Think we,re all well aware of your ignorance in these agent related threads! 

How so oh wise one? did 90 day report the other week after the email reminder got confirmation next day, printed out the receipt with the next date on thats it. Took less than a minute to fill out. If you want to pay an agent to do that go ahead and waste your cash.

3 hours ago, ChicagoExpat said:

If the visa you eventually receive via an agent is not from your local immigration office, then yes, you are using a crooked agent.

And the extension has been illegally obtained and not valid as you do not live there, no matter how much people want to believe otherwise. Getting away with it does not make it legal or right.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

No, it is not if one is simply asking for contact info. 

Why does a poster have to tell you or us anything? 

Maybe the OP doesn't wish to wait in a queue🤔

By cropping my original comment and only replying to the bit you disagree with, instead of quoting my full explanation, your reply becomes inane.