Thai government resists Israeli embassy’s call for hostage release in Gaza

webfact

10 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

I make a concerted effort to watch, read and listen to both sides of the conflict. Yes, I watch Piers Morgan, Douglas Murray, Jordan Peterson and other right wing media (Talk TV, GB news etc.) - But I also try my best to find experts on the topic, and of course, listen to the left which is where most of political ideology comes from. I consider myself to be on the left, with some conservative principles. I want to know what they are saying, so I can judge for myself.

I did not comment on Hamas, and of course they killed a lot of people. But that does NOT give Israel the right to do whatever the hell it wants, and level the place to the ground. This is international law.

You can claim whatever. What you post here, and the sources you choose to link and base your views on are decidedly of the one-sided variety. Seems like for you there are only black and white views, nothing in between. There's actually a whole range of views between, say, Peterson, and Finkelstein/Levy/Chomsky. What you do is dishonestly imply people objecting to your views hold extreme right wing positions - which is neither the case, nor is supported by past comments on these topics and others.

You do not comment on Hamas. Yes. You do your best to ignore it. Minimize it. Normalize it. Toss in a one liner 'condemnation' when have to. That's about it. As far as you're concerned, seems like the only relevant party is Israel.

• Like 1

Right, the UN is antisemitic. Absolute joke. The UN is the organization that granted Israel the right to exist in the first place. The fact that they do not abide by international law and subsequently get told that they are breaking law is not antisemitic. This is the problem with one sided Israel supporters, they just believe everything Israel has done is perfect., There is no blame to assign to Israel right, they are a special country.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

Right, the UN is antisemitic. Absolute joke. The UN is the organization that granted Israel the right to exist in the first place. The fact that they do not abide by international law and subsequently get told that they are breaking law is not antisemitic. This is the problem with one sided Israel supporters, they just believe everything Israel has done is perfect., There is no blame to assign to Israel right, they are a special country.

It also employees terrorists and its sympathizers, you have a lot to learn:

Group of 3,000 UNRWA teachers celebrates Hamas massacre and rape

A Telegram group of 3,000 UNRWA teachers in Gaza is replete with posts celebrating the Hamas massacre of October 7th minutes after it began, praising the murderers and rapists as “heroes,” glorifying the “education” the terrorists received, gleefully sharing photos of dead or captured Israelis and urging the execution of hostages.

https://unwatch.org/group-of-3000-unrwa-teachers-celebrates-hamas-massacre-and-rape

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Prove its fake. Its reposted in numerous media outlets and UN Watch is a reputable org

https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/article-781531

image.png.1785910c2f138b00c8d735e4dfadaf4b.png

https://twitter.com/UNWatch/status/1520656596673646592

Prove it is real. No other mainstream outlet has reported that junk. The only places that have carried this story are based in ISRAEL.

UN watch is an ANTI -UN organization.... Jeez

Edited by Brickleberry
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

The first link does not work

The second link is a re-post of the original story, and Fox News is very careful to say "ALLEGED' they have not confirmed it to be true.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

The first link does not work

The second link is a re-post of the original story, and Fox News is very careful to say "ALLEGED' they have not confirmed it to be true.

Of course the first link works
https://www.foxnews.com/world/un-teachers-celebrated-oct-7-attack-praised-hamas-terrorists-heroes-telegram-channel-watchdog

The UN also takes it very seriously, this has just been uncovered and it is formally looking tinot the accusations, not calling them fake as you are, head buried in the sand.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Of course the first link works
https://www.foxnews.com/world/un-teachers-celebrated-oct-7-attack-praised-hamas-terrorists-heroes-telegram-channel-watchdog

The UN also takes it very seriously, this has just been uncovered and it is formally looking tinot the accusations, not calling them fake as you are, head buried in the sand.

To be honest, I didn't know who they were. I just googled it.

The UNRWA is a group of PALESTINIAN refugees who work as support workers.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

To be honest, I didn't know who they were. I just googled it.

The UNRWA is a group of PALESTINIAN refugees who work as support workers.

Need to google a little more

UN Watch is a Geneva-based non-governmental organization whose stated mission is "to monitor the performance of the United Nations by the yardstick of its own Charter".[1] It is an accredited NGO in Special Consultative Status to the UN Economic and Social Council and an Associate NGO to the UN Department of Public Information.[5]

UN Watch has been active in combating human rights abuses in Democratic Republic of the Congo and Darfur, and has been vocal against abuses in regimes such as China, Cuba, Russia and Venezuela, often using its allotted time at the UNHRC to allow for dissidents and human rights activists to speak. UN Watch is frequently critical of what it views as anti-Israel and antisemitic sentiment at the UN and UN-sponsored events.[6][7]

The group has been praised by former UN Secretary General Kofi Annan,[8][9] and the Director General of the UN Office in Geneva Sergei Ordzhonikidze has acknowledged "the valuable work of UN Watch in support of the just application of values and principles of the United Nations Charter and support for human rights for all.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UN_Watch#:~:text=UN Watch is a Geneva,yardstick of its own Charter".

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Need to google a little more

UN Watch is a Geneva-based non-governmental organization whose stated mission is "to monitor the performance of the United Nations by the yardstick of its own Charter".[1] It is an accredited NGO in Special Consultative Status to the UN Economic and Social Council and an Associate NGO to the UN Department of Public Information.[5]

UN Watch has been active in combating human rights abuses in Democratic Republic of the Congo and Darfur, and has been vocal against abuses in regimes such as China, Cuba, Russia and Venezuela, often using its allotted time at the UNHRC to allow for dissidents and human rights activists to speak. UN Watch is frequently critical of what it views as anti-Israel and antisemitic sentiment at the UN and UN-sponsored events.[6][7]

The group has been praised by former UN Secretary General Kofi Annan,[8][9] and the Director General of the UN Office in Geneva Sergei Ordzhonikidze has acknowledged "the valuable work of UN Watch in support of the just application of values and principles of the United Nations Charter and support for human rights for all.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UN_Watch#:~:text=UN Watch is a Geneva,yardstick of its own Charter".

Huh? we are talking about UNRWA, not UN watch

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

Huh? we are talking about UNRWA, not UN watch

? Yes, I know, the same UNRWA who has a telegram group of 3,000 teachers celebrating Oct 7th. The same UNRWA where one of the teachers is accused by a released hostage of holding them in Gaza. UNRWA is the UN's main agency in Gaza

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

? Yes, I know, the same UNRWA who has a telegram group of 3,000 teachers celebrating Oct 7th. The same UNRWA where one of the teachers is accused by a released hostage of holding them in Gaza. UNRWA is the UN's main agency in Gaza

They are funded by several countries, and supported by the UN.

I wouldn't be surprised if some were celebrating; they are all Palestinian. There were not claims of all 3000 celebrating, 3000 refers to the total number of teachers in the group.

You can't say the UN is antisemitic based on this. UNRWA is a local, Palestinian outfit. I'm sure there are some Palestinians who are antisemitic, but I completely reject that the UN itself is antisemitic

• Sad 1

Just now, Brickleberry said:

They are funded by several countries, and supported by the UN.

I wouldn't be surprised if some were celebrating; they are all Palestinian. There were not claims of all 3000 celebrating, 3000 refers to the total number of teachers in the group.

You can't say the UN is antisemitic based on this. UNRWA is a local, Palestinian outfit. I'm sure there are some Palestinians who are antisemitic, but I completely reject that the UN itself is antisemitic

They are the UN.......lol. They are the local UN agency. 

Yes I can say the UN is antisemitic, read the links I supplied.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

They are the UN.......lol. They are the local UN agency. 

Yes I can say the UN is antisemitic, read the links I supplied.

Not quite.It is a seperate entity that is mostly funded from member states:

The United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees (UNRWA) is funded almost entirely by voluntary contributions from UN Member States. UNRWA also receives some funding from the Regular Budget of the United Nations, which is used mostly for international staffing costs.

The Agency’s services encompass education, health care, relief and social services, camp infrastructure and improvement, microfinance and emergency assistance, including in times of armed conflict.

It is a local group of Palestinians. Some of which are bound to be antisemitic after living in an open air prison for decades and being forced out of their homes. Hardly surprising.

The UN is a completely different body, that is made up of governments.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yes the UN is antisemitic, ask Haley, she worked there everyday.

Nikki Haley to 'Post': UN antisemitism led to October 7 massacre
All it takes is 24 hours at the UN to realize that anti-Zionism is just a modern name for the ancient evil of antisemitism.

https://www.jpost.com/opinion/article-779118

Fighting Anti Israel Bias at the UN

https://unwatch.org/

what would she know. She didn't even know that the civil war was about slavery. Or she just lied. Why should we not outright dismiss her opinion here?

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

The United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees (UNRWA) is funded almost entirely by voluntary contributions from UN Member States. UNRWA also receives some funding from the Regular Budget of the United Nations, which is used mostly for international staffing costs.

The Agency’s services encompass education, health care, relief and social services, camp infrastructure and improvement, microfinance and emergency assistance, including in times of armed conflict.

It is a local group of Palestinians. Some of which are bound to be antisemitic after living in an open air prison for decades and being forced out of their homes. Hardly surprising.

He's just engaged in attackign messengers as usual. He never debates what they said.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

Its a UN Agency, stop the pedantics

• Agree 2

What messenger would that be then?

That you utterly fail to debate the substance of any criticism of Israel no matter what and just attack the source of the claim. Every time.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

That you utterly fail to debate the substance of any criticism of Israel no matter what and just attack the source of the claim. Every time.

You referenced a post and said I don't debate the messenger, what post are you referring to that I didn't debate? Who did I attack?

9 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

He's just engaged in attackign messengers as usual. He never debates what they said.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Its a UN Agency, stop the pedantics

That's like saying the following:

The king of England supports a charity. The head of the charity and a few colleagues were caught saying racist things.

Does this mean the Royal family is racist?

No of course not.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Precisely.

Israel is a perfect state, without any blame whatsoever for what has been happening in the region - despite all of the international rulings saying they are breaking international law and occupying territory that does not belong to them.

Yes, we know Hamas started this particular conflict. But ignoring all of the history, and international laws is not a good place to be arguing from.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

That's like saying the following:

The king of England supports a charity. The head of the charity and a few colleagues were caught saying racist things.

Does this mean the Royal family is racist?

No of course not.

No, its really not:

As the largest UN organization in the Gaza Strip and the only UN Agency that implements services directly, UNRWA has been and continues to be in a unique position to deliver emergency assistance to Palestine refugees in Gaza.

https://www.unrwa.org/gaza-emergency

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

Precisely.

Israel is a perfect state, without any blame whatsoever for what has been happening in the region - despite all of the international rulings saying they are breaking international law and occupying territory that does not belong to them.

Yes, we know Hamas started this particular conflict. But ignoring all of the history, and international laws is not a good place to be arguing from.

No its not the perfect state actually, far from it. But it does need its hostages back and it does need to get rid of Hamas

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

No, its really not:

As the largest UN organization in the Gaza Strip and the only UN Agency that implements services directly, UNRWA has been and continues to be in a unique position to deliver emergency assistance to Palestine refugees in Gaza.

Of course it is, it is a separate entity.

And who is in this agency? It is almost 100% Palestinian refugees. Are you therefore surprised that some of them hold antisemitic views?

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

No, its really not:

That's like saying doctors without borders is biased.

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

19 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

@ozimoron

Says a poster who puts multiple people on 'ignore' so he won't have to deal with their comments.

• Like 1

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

No its not the perfect state actually, far from it. But it does need its hostages back and it does need to get rid of Hamas

We agree at last!

Hamas needs to go and of course, all the hostages returned.

22 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

what would she know. She didn't even know that the civil war was about slavery. Or she just lied. Why should we not outright dismiss her opinion here?

@ozimoron

Weren't you just whining about attacking the messenger rather than addressing substance?

• Agree 1