Thailand's no fail system VS England's brutal systematic failure mill

Why does Thailand have a no fail system in highschool; whereas, in England a student can fail a course and leave school after 5 years with nothing?

Please explain how these two financial models work.

Edited by Chris Daley

6 minutes ago, saakura said:

In the UK, parents do not pay fees?

Generally no, education is free in the UK, of course a few privileged kids will head to Eton and other private schools and they are charged, but the norm is free education..

I was originally referring to Thailand where parents pays the fees and expect glowing report cards - money for gold stars. I've seen it first hand, illiterate kids in Thailand years behind western standards, getting report cards with 90%+ across english, math, and sciences.  It is a big shame because neither the kid nor the parents eyes are open, they think little somchai/poo is awesome, and all I can think is 'I wonder if he/she will end up in the bangkok hilton or  a factory first or are you going to support him/her into adulthood and beyond..

Edited by eyeman
typos
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, eyeman said:

Generally no, education is free in the UK, of course a few privileged kids will head to Eton and other private schools and they are charged, but the norm is free education..

I was originally referring to Thailand where parents pays the fees and expect glowing report cards - money for gold stars. I've seen it first hand, illiterate kids in Thailand years behind western standards, getting report cards with 90%+ across english, math, and sciences.  It is a big shame because neither the kid nor the parents eyes are open, they think little somchai/poo is awesome, and all I can think is 'I wonder if he/she will end up in the bangkok hilton or  a factory first or are you going to support him/her into adulthood and beyond..

Or, like the son of a foreign bar owner who died intestate, he could go on to become chief pilot for an offshore helicopter company, or, closer to (my) home, the wife's nephew who is now a semi-professional football player. Both were unspectacular underperformers in school and barely scraped through their "5-star" Thai tertiary education.

• Confused 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/18/2024 at 5:03 AM, Chris Daley said:

Why does Thailand have a no fail system in highschool; whereas, in England a student can fail a course and leave school after 5 years with nothing?

Please explain how these two financial models work.

Financial? Surely you mean educational.