Man Forces Tourists at Knifepoint to Buy Beer in Pattaya

webfact

35 minutes ago, grain said:

I agree, seems all the foreigners are pussies these days. Or they turn into pussies fast after arriving in Thailand. Where are all the hard cases these days? I grew up in England, Scotland and Australia. Back in the 1960s you had to be very careful, there were all these hard cases about who could put the heid on you and bust your face open, then kick the living daylights out of you. I've seen men fighting in outback Aussie pubs that were battering each other faces with bare fists until they were swollen and bruised but they kept on hammering into each other. 

Then stopped, shook hands & bought eachother a beer.. or 3. I've worked in a few of those pubs. Rodeo weekend in Mt Isa back in the 70's was much better than any WWE or UFC.

1 hour ago, grain said:

I agree, seems all the foreigners are pussies these days. Or they turn into pussies fast after arriving in Thailand. Where are all the hard cases these days? I grew up in England, Scotland and Australia. Back in the 1960s you had to be very careful, there were all these hard cases about who could put the heid on you and bust your face open, then kick the living daylights out of you. I've seen men fighting in outback Aussie pubs that were battering each other faces with bare fists until they were swollen and bruised but they kept on hammering into each other. 

had the foreigner even tried to retaliate you can be sure at least half a dozen Thais would have appeared from nowhere.  No matter how big or how hard one might be 6 on to one is only really a viable proposition in the movies 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Nuff said, only drunks and nutters around at that time

I thought perhaps that had moved to much later with the advent of 4am openings....

23 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Funny that....I had a negative reaction in a Soi Cowboy GGB when I refused to pay their price of a beer. Fortunately I got to see a price list before I accepted it. Random guys selling beer on the streets now?

He wasn't selling he was extorting..

• Agree 1

On 1/20/2024 at 6:51 AM, JustinCredible said:

I think that ALL farangs on this Forum should "Express Outrage" at this happening and DEMAND a full investigation by a minimum of three independent Police Stations.  [Sarcasm Alert]

And a overcrossed sign showing a picture of a angry thai with a knife selling beer on the street.

Edited by Captor

On 1/20/2024 at 12:51 PM, JustinCredible said:

I think that ALL farangs on this Forum should "Express Outrage" at this happening and DEMAND a full investigation by a minimum of three independent Police Stations.  [Sarcasm Alert]

Yes, I am kinda outraged. Usually it is the opposite; when I want to buy beer, I cannot, and no money, or whatever will make a difference... Who wants to schedule one's beer-buying to their stupid selling times? Just don't sell to minors; works fine everywhere else. Wonder, what they'd do if they ever wanted to stop young teenagers riding motorcycles; stop all sales and rentals of bikes?

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Haha 1