"Gaza Conflict Toll Surpasses 25,000: Political Stalemate and International Concerns"

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

Removing 2 million people from the Gaza strip and failing to allow them back or failing to rebuild the infrastructure would be prima facie genocide.

@ozimoron

Gazans were not removed from the Gaza Strip in this war. So long as the war goes on, come back to what?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Is that because they've either killed or displaced everyone in northern Gaza?

No, there are still plenty of civilians left in Northern Gaza:

As Israel dials back the intensity of its military campaign in the northern Gaza Strip, some residents say they are able to walk through war-ravaged neighborhoods more freely, and that the sounds of gun battles and explosions are becoming less frequent.

Rami Jelde, 32, a resident of Gaza City, said that over the last four weeks he had not seen any Israeli soldiers while walking the streets of what was Gaza’s most populous city before the war. 

https://archive.ph/gUm29

NYT

Seems quite a few don't want a return to Hamas rule either, they kinda feel that all this has been Hamas's fault.

"Mohammed al-Khaldi, a father of two children displaced from Gaza City, told the BBC: "I lost my home, my shop and my source of income. I am no longer able to provide the simplest requirements of life for my children. "I hold the Israeli occupation responsible for the massive destruction, but I do not absolve Hamas of responsibility for everything that happened," he said."

"A businessman called Mohammed agreed.

"We have lived under unjust rule for more than 16 years. Hamas imposed heavy taxes on us and now they have dragged us into a devastating war in which we lost our property, money and homes," he told the BBC."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-68034128

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Morch said:

@ozimoron

Gazans were not removed from the Gaza Strip in this war. So long as the war goes on, come back to what?

Really, so Gazans left there home just for the fun of it, not because Israel dropped 2,000 pound bombs about willy nilly.

The rest of what you wrote I suppose means something in your mind but I don't see any sense in it.

As for going back to what, the Israeli's made good on their promise of nothing to go back to and I expect that's because the plans are already being drawn up to recolonise Gaza so that Israel can get all that gas, this is all about money and power to the Zionists, never mind that the oppressed of the last 76 years kicked your collective arse's once on the 7/10.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

35 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Really, so Gazans left there home just for the fun of it, not because Israel dropped 2,000 pound bombs about willy nilly.

The rest of what you wrote I suppose means something in your mind but I don't see any sense in it.

As for going back to what, the Israeli's made good on their promise of nothing to go back to and I expect that's because the plans are already being drawn up to recolonise Gaza so that Israel can get all that gas, this is all about money and power to the Zionists, never mind that the oppressed of the last 76 years kicked your collective arse's once on the 7/10.

They were already refugees living in an open air prison. Don't you think they are happy to be free? 

42 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

No, there are still plenty of civilians left in Northern Gaza:

As Israel dials back the intensity of its military campaign in the northern Gaza Strip, some residents say they are able to walk through war-ravaged neighborhoods more freely, and that the sounds of gun battles and explosions are becoming less frequent.

Rami Jelde, 32, a resident of Gaza City, said that over the last four weeks he had not seen any Israeli soldiers while walking the streets of what was Gaza’s most populous city before the war. 

https://archive.ph/gUm29

NYT

Seems quite a few don't want a return to Hamas rule either, they kinda feel that all this has been Hamas's fault.

"Mohammed al-Khaldi, a father of two children displaced from Gaza City, told the BBC: "I lost my home, my shop and my source of income. I am no longer able to provide the simplest requirements of life for my children. "I hold the Israeli occupation responsible for the massive destruction, but I do not absolve Hamas of responsibility for everything that happened," he said."

"A businessman called Mohammed agreed.

"We have lived under unjust rule for more than 16 years. Hamas imposed heavy taxes on us and now they have dragged us into a devastating war in which we lost our property, money and homes," he told the BBC."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-68034128

define plenty as a percentage of the population.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

define plenty as a percentage of the population.

More than nobody. Read the post I was responding to. 

What have I told you before about following every post I make. 

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

More than nobody. Read the post I was responding to. 

What have I told you before about following every post I make. 

Tell me a few hundred more times. I'll continue to reply to anyone whenever it suits me. That said, if you think I read 10% of your posts, you are delusional.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

Tell me a few hundred more times. I'll continue to reply to anyone whenever it suits me. That said, if you think I read 10% of your posts, you are delusional.

I can't imagine you reading anything, given your posts. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, ozimoron said:

I didn't say you read them. That was pretty obvious you fail in that dept

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I didn't say you read them. That was pretty obvious you fail in that dept

Nah, it just triggers me when I see an abject lack of balance, objectivity and critical thinking (as opposed to knee jerk team cheerleading). And that followed by inflammatory allegations. Stop it and you might see a huge drop in my replies to your posts.

10 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Nah, it just triggers me when I see an abject lack of balance, objectivity and critical thinking (as opposed to knee jerk team cheerleading). And that followed by inflammatory allegations. Stop it and you might see a huge drop in my replies to your posts.

Nah, it just triggers me when I see an abject lack of balance

Oh the irony.......:cheesy:

I said I was flattered by your continual replies. Proof you don't read them....lol

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

That's why you love Vox?

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

@ozimoron

I think you read about 50% of the posts at random, then 10% of the replies you make to said posts are also random.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

This hasn't got much attention at all in the media:

UN Accuses Israel of Detaining, Mistreating Thousands of Palestinians 

Addressing journalists in Geneva by video link from Gaza, Ajith Sunghay, OHCHR representative in the Occupied Palestinian Territory, said he met “a number” of released detainees who said they’d been held by Israel Defense Forces for between 30 and 55 days.

“Getting to the bottom of numbers has been extremely difficult, but we have heard that it runs into the thousands,” said Sunghay.

“They described being beaten, humiliated, subjected to ill treatment and to what may amount to torture,” he added. 

https://www.voanews.com/a/un-accuses-israel-of-detaining-mistreating-thousands-of-palestinians-/7447577.html

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Hamas must be sitting in their tunnels laughing their butts off at the U.N

Israel are holding Hamas terrorists as prisoner and treating them humanely and Hams are holding hostages and treating them appallingly like dogs and potentially killing them ......................and the U.N focus on Israel .

No wonder Israel doesn't trust the U.N

They're treating them humanely? You know this how? 

Stripped, Beaten or Vanished: Israel’s Treatment of Gaza Detainees Raises Alarm

A spokesman for the International Committee of the Red Cross, Hisham Mhanna, said his organization received daily reports from families in Gaza about detained family members. The organization is working on some 4,000 cases of Palestinians from Gaza who had vanished, nearly half believed to be detained by the Israeli military, he said.

The group has been seeking information about the conditions and whereabouts of detainees and pushing for visits. But only in a handful of cases has it even received proof of life, Mr. Mhanna said.

https://archive.ph/S6a4Y

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/01/23/world/middleeast/israel-gaza-palestinian-detainees.html

Edited by placeholder
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, placeholder said:

This is your idea of evidence? It is to laugh.

You made the accusation  , its up to you to provide evidence .

What evidence do you have that they were mistreated ?

(Bearing in mind that the last prisoner who claimed to have been beaten and was filmed head to toe in bandages after being released , then Israel released footage of him leaving jail and there was nothing at all wrong with him )

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

You made the accusation  , its up to you to provide evidence .

What evidence do you have that they were mistreated ?

(Bearing in mind that the last prisoner who claimed to have been beaten and was filmed head to toe in bandages after being released , then Israel released footage of him leaving jail and there was nothing at all wrong with him )

Had you bothered to read the articles I linked to you would have seen that there is evidence. 

And Israel's refusal even to provide proof of life of these prisoners, much less allow the Red Cross to see them, is quite damning.

27 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Had you bothered to read the articles I linked to you would have seen that there is evidence. 

And Israel's refusal even to provide proof of life of these prisoners, much less allow the Red Cross to see them, is quite damning.

What evidence was there ?

(No,  I don't have the time to keep on opening links , I get about 10-15 links a day on here to open and read and I cannot open and read them all  ) 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, placeholder said:

They're treating them humanely? You know this how? 

Stripped, Beaten or Vanished: Israel’s Treatment of Gaza Detainees Raises Alarm

A spokesman for the International Committee of the Red Cross, Hisham Mhanna, said his organization received daily reports from families in Gaza about detained family members. The organization is working on some 4,000 cases of Palestinians from Gaza who had vanished, nearly half believed to be detained by the Israeli military, he said.

The group has been seeking information about the conditions and whereabouts of detainees and pushing for visits. But only in a handful of cases has it even received proof of life, Mr. Mhanna said.

https://archive.ph/S6a4Y

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/01/23/world/middleeast/israel-gaza-palestinian-detainees.html

Have you any concerns about the Palestinians being arrested , jailed, fined and brutalised by Hamas ?

"Hopes of change in Gaza are fading fast as the Hamas crackdown on a mass protest movement this week is already seeing dwindling numbers of people turning out.

A local Palestinian human rights watchdog has recorded over 1,000 arrests in the past week, 300 of those are still in detention.

Those released from Hamas custody were forced to pay a fine of around $280 and sign a document pledging not to participate in further demonstrations or face a fine of $2,800, the Independent Commission for Human Rights (ICHR) added. In the Hamas response, director ICHR Jamil Sarhan was hospitalised.

Many of those released said that they were beaten and tortured while in prison.

https://www.thenationalnews.com/world/mena/hamas-crackdown-on-protests-snuffs-out-a-push-for-change-in-gaza-1.839824

Palestinians are getting brutalised in Gaza and you ignore that and focus of fals accusations made about Israel .

Could it be that Hamas are pointing fingers at Israel, just so they can carry on attacking civilians without any criticism ?

• Agree 2