Yellow Light.

On 1/23/2024 at 4:34 PM, NoshowJones said:

Yes, the light went out when the oil was changed again, I would have known more if any of the Honda guys could speak English.

Why on Earth should they have to speak English'; after all you are in Thailand..can't you do a simple Google voice message to them. translate. Happy to hear the light went out.

10 minutes ago, tandor said:

Why on Earth should they have to speak English'; after all you are in Thailand..can't you do a simple Google voice message to them. translate. Happy to hear the light went out.

That's just what I did do, and I do it all the time when it's needed, I told them that the oil was changed 4 weeks ago but they still went ahead and changed the oil, I watched them do it and looked at the receipt.  

On 1/22/2024 at 11:42 PM, NoshowJones said:

I don't know, the oil was changed at one of the Honda agents in Nakhon Sawan.

On the yellow light it says "oil change", but the oil has just been changed by Honda Agent.

Did they reset the “engine oil replacement timing”? On the Yamaha XMAX can be done either on the bike or on the mobile app. I don't know if the Forza has the same.

• Like 1

I have an orange light on my car, engine service. weeks after all oils were changed, took it to Nissan for them to turn it off. paid some 500b. after 1 week it came back again. I have tried all the methods on YouTube to reset it to no avail. now I just ignore it.

check-engine-light-icon-1616189100.thumb.jpg.20b0dac53833e1e963d2417969d070df.jpg

6 hours ago, Brock said:

The Orange light was a service reminder light, and just needed to be reset. You should have taken the bike to the original workshop for them to reset.

...or just googled it. I use the Honda car dealership in Nakhon Sawan and they speak English and they also give me the empty can of the new oil they've used.

14 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

That's just what I did do, and I do it all the time when it's needed, I told them that the oil was changed 4 weeks ago but they still went ahead and changed the oil, I watched them do it and looked at the receipt.  

I understand you. I've had similar things happen, particularly air filter not being changed when requested. Unless you sit over them watching every move, which they detest, as they would rather give you what they think you should have. This attitude is present in other things too, ie building and repairs. Good luck in the future.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, tandor said:

I understand you. I've had similar things happen, particularly air filter not being changed when requested. Unless you sit over them watching every move, which they detest, as they would rather give you what they think you should have. This attitude is present in other things too, ie building and repairs. Good luck in the future.

Thanks, but at my two nearest Honda agents there is nowhere you can watch the mechanics working,  I will need to find one farther away the next time.

Read the book that should have come with the bike.  It tells you how to turn off the "oil service" light by pressing a combination of buttons on the hamdlebars.  All newer Honda bikes are like that now.  Google the service manual if you haven't got the book.  Back street bike fiddlers change the oil but don't know which buttons to press, whereas Dealers do.

On 1/25/2024 at 11:23 AM, NoshowJones said:

I took the bike to another agent and they just changed the oil, so that tells me the first agent did not change the oil at all and still charged me. Anyway thanks for your input.

or maybe the second place didn't understand you and just changed the oil thinking that is what you wanted, since they dont speak english.

1 hour ago, ericthai said:

or maybe the second place didn't understand you and just changed the oil thinking that is what you wanted, since they dont speak english.

I used the translater on my phone.

22 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

Thanks, but at my two nearest Honda agents there is nowhere you can watch the mechanics working,  I will need to find one farther away the next time.

"standing over them.." is just an expression, but if you don't check and ask, or you are not mechanically inclined, then you are in trouble.

• Thanks 1

On 1/22/2024 at 10:42 AM, NoshowJones said:

On the yellow light it says "oil change", but the oil has just been changed by Honda Agent.

Maybe they reused the old filter or didn't even bother to check it?

• Like 1