Extension of stay based on marriage at CW - not in Tabien Baan

I could not find an answer to this exactly so trying to ask!

I have done several extensions of stay to a Non-Imm O based on marriage to a Thai citizen in CW.

This year I bought a house with a mortgage and my wife and child are already in the Tabien Baan but I am not. The person taking care of it said it may take 2-3 months to add me (I am not Thai) so best to do the extension first then deal with it.

Until now I have always rented in Thailand so the rental contract, letter from owner and their tabien baan was always used.

Now I'm not sure what to do, as I live with my wife and child in the house which we own/are jointly paying a mortgage on but there is no real "proof" that I also own the house yet.

If anyone knows exactly what paperwork is required for them to process the extension in this case that would be very helpful, thanks.

I think you will find you do not own any part of the house. Did you sign a document at the land office that was in Thai? If you did it was saying that you did not give any money towards the house. The only document you can apply for is a Yellow Book which will say you live there. You can use this book instead of a Resident Certificate. You need to apply for a Usufruct which will give you a 30 year lease. I hope this helps.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, jimmiejackson said:

Until now I have always rented in Thailand so the rental contract, letter from owner and their tabien baan was always used.

If you bought your wife a house you don't need a rental agreement, just a copy of the Tabian Baan that shows your wife is the Home Owner

• Agree 1

As I understand it, You can own a house in Th, but not the land it sits on ( exception is if wife passes, you "own" the land for up to 1 year then you must sell - usually to a family member if possible? - you can still own the house )

If your Immigration paperwork is up to date, go to local amphor with her AND HER BLUE housbook - you can get added to HER house book and get a YELLOW house book, and, if wanted, a PINK Thai ID card.

I got my YELLOW house book BEFORE I was married, it's a simple process.

18 hours ago, ripstanley said:

I think you will find you do not own any part of the house. Did you sign a document at the land office that was in Thai? If you did it was saying that you did not give any money towards the house. The only document you can apply for is a Yellow Book which will say you live there. You can use this book instead of a Resident Certificate. You need to apply for a Usufruct which will give you a 30 year lease. I hope this helps.

you confuse a 30 year old lease , pay 1.1% again   or a lifetime usufruct, aka, till you die

• Confused 1