Culture Secretary Faces Criticism Over BBC Bias Claims

Social Media

11 hours ago, RayC said:

Irrespective of whether religion and/or ethnicity is relevant to the story, you never hesitate to mention it if it portrays Islam in a negative sense.

Islam is a religion not a race/ethnicity. There are plenty of Caucasian Muslims, plenty of Black Christians, plenty of non-Asian Buddhists. You really should learn the difference between religion and race. It's not complicated. 

11 hours ago, RayC said:

You're never slow to use 'Irish' or 'Oirish' in a derogatory sense when referring to Biden.

Yes I make fun of Joe Biden pretending to be Irish. Biden is Caucasian, as am I, and as are the vast majority of Irish people . So what's that got to do with race? A white guy making fun of another white guy for telling porkies is racist now? Who knew?

11 hours ago, RayC said:

You profess to having nothing against Europeans but, hey, here's a negative story about France or Germany.

I dislike the EU, not Europe. The EU is a political union. Most member nation states are predominantly white, as are most of the politicians in the EU. Once again, absolutely nothing to do with race. 

You've just proved my point. Again. :laugh:

Whenever someone holds an opinion different to yours you try to turn it into a race issue so you can label that person Racist. It's really low behaviour. You should address it ASAP.

12 hours ago, RayC said:

The one doing the race baiting is you.

Irrespective of whether religion and/or ethnicity is relevant to the story, you never hesitate to mention it if it portrays Islam in a negative sense. You're never slow to use 'Irish' or 'Oirish' in a derogatory sense when referring to Biden. You profess to having nothing against Europeans but, hey, here's a negative story about France or Germany.

If the cap fits ....

Spot on.

• Agree 2

20 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Whenever someone holds an opinion different to yours you try to turn it into a race issue so you can label that person Racist. It's really low behaviour. You should address it ASAP.

Says the guy who introduced the completely off topic and arguably most offensive racist word into the discussion.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

15 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Here’s a fact, you reached for arguably the most racially offensive word and hit send.

Come on Chomps, you're being ridiculous. 

I said if people use the N word then I would assume they are racist.

You are trying to twist that perfectly reasonable statement to sound like "I" used the N word (the actual word, not the euphenism) and therefore "I" am racist. :laugh:

Deeply disingenuous, even by your questionable standards. We used to have some good debates on here. It's sad to see you resorting to low brow tactics like this. You're getting as bad as Ray. Desperate stuff from you two. 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Says the guy who introduced the completely off topic and arguably most offensive racist word into the discussion.

Desperate stuff. :laugh:

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Come on Chomps, you're being ridiculous. 

I said if people use the N word then I would assume they are racist.

You are trying to twist that perfectly reasonable statement to sound like "I" used the N word (the actual word, not the euphenism) and therefore "I" am racist. :laugh:

Deeply disingenuous, even by your questionable standards. We used to have some good debates on here. It's sad to see you resorting to low brow tactics like this. You're getting as bad as Ray. Desperate stuff from you two. 

Jonny, you introduced the completely off topic ‘N word’ into the conversation.

You introduced the false equivalence of racism into the conversation.

And now you are bleating about your hyper sensitivity to accusations of racism.

Perhaps you should not have introduced the completely off topic ‘N word’ into the conversation in the first place, having chosen of your own volition to do so you can hardly complain if others draw their own conclusions.

Jonny, low brow doesn’t get lower than inserting the ‘N-word’.

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Desperate stuff. :laugh:

And yet my observation was factually correct.

15 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Fact!

• Agree 2

28 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Jonny, you introduced the completely off topic ‘N word’ into the conversation.

You introduced the false equivalence of racism into the conversation.

And now you are bleating about your hyper sensitivity to accusations of racism.

Perhaps you should not have introduced the completely off topic ‘N word’ into the conversation in the first place, having chosen of your own volition to do so you can hardly complain if others draw their own conclusions.

Jonny, low brow doesn’t get lower than inserting the ‘N-word’.

It's not false equivalence. It is an analogy. Strange that you of all people would object to Racism being introduced into a conversation. :laugh:

Once again, you are proving that the demand for racism far outstrips the supply. 

• Confused 2

9 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Islam is a religion not a race/ethnicity. There are plenty of Caucasian Muslims, plenty of Black Christians, plenty of non-Asian Buddhists. You really should learn the difference between religion and race. It's not complicated. 

Yes I make fun of Joe Biden pretending to be Irish. Biden is Caucasian, as am I, and as are the vast majority of Irish people . So what's that got to do with race? A white guy making fun of another white guy for telling porkies is racist now? Who knew?

I dislike the EU, not Europe. The EU is a political union. Most member nation states are predominantly white, as are most of the politicians in the EU. Once again, absolutely nothing to do with race. 

You've just proved my point. Again. :laugh:

I've had regular exchanges with around half a dozen posters. More often than not, we hold different opinions and these exchanges can be robust. However, I can't recall accusing any of them of being racist. The reason being that they have never posted anything which I would construe as being racist.

However, you're correct. 'Religious discrimination' and xenophobia are both different from racism although imo no more attractive.

As I said before. If the cap fits ...