Fast Track Bangkok Airport

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

WRONG...   E-Gates on departure can be used for both Foreigners and Thai's...  so they are not a 'dedicated Thai lane'... 

There was a long line of people departing and some Thais walked past us with their passports held high. My daughter and I followed them doing the same, as did a foreigner and his woman.

At the bottom of an escalator there was an officer who allowed us through but not the foreigner. The Electronic gate was only for Thai passports.

5 minutes ago, Neeranam said:
4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

WRONG...   E-Gates on departure can be used for both Foreigners and Thai's...  so they are not a 'dedicated Thai lane'... 

There was a long line of people departing and some Thais walked past us with their passports held high. My daughter and I followed them doing the same, as did a foreigner and his woman.

At the bottom of an escalator there was an officer who allowed us through but not the foreigner. The Electronic gate was only for Thai passports.

You should perhaps start fact checking your statements.

To the usual suspects...the thread was never about access to fast lane.

From the OP...

"Are the immigration officials friendlier at the fast track counters? "

Seems the OP has had many stays in Thailand and asking if fast tract is a soft entry.

Answer No. 

I mentioned very early that some visa agents provide a meet and great service. 

Thinking it's pitched at visa exempt entries with extensive history. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:
2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

You should perhaps start fact checking your statements.

What statement?

I am sharing my experience.

I stated that 'I've not seen dedicated lane for Thai's on departures'...

You contradicted that with the statement 'there is, electronic gates'... that is a statement, and it is incorrect. 

Your experience is likely to be out of date and thus you are wrong - Electronic gates can be used by both Foreigners and Thai's, meaning this is not a 'dedicated Thai Lane'... 

11 hours ago, Neeranam said:

There was...

"There was..." (past tense) is correct. That was before the recent change to allow also foreigners to use the electronic departure gates was made.

However, the question I answered was "is there...?" (present tense)

1 hour ago, Maestro said:

"There was..." (past tense) is correct. That was before the recent change to allow also foreigners to use the electronic departure gates was made.

However, the question I answered was "is there...?" (present tense)

I see, I didn't know that. 

Has anyone shared their experience about being able to use these automatic gates with a foreign passport?

What about a visa stamp? Maybe that is not needed nowadays.

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Has anyone shared their experience about being able to use these automatic gates with a foreign passport?

Good question - it would good to have a first hand answer to this.

There are no e-gates at fast-track (which I always use with Thai Elite) so I've never had the chance to try the e-gates on departure.

Surely there are some posters who have by now ... 

It'd probably be quicker than fast-track anyway, but the delay would exist going through security rather than immigration itself.

Those with re-entry permits are told not to use the e-gates (for some reason - perhaps it invalidates their extension of stay) - I'd be slightly concerned about re-entering Thailand without a an exit stamp though... but thats just the luddite in me being cautious of change.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:
3 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Good question - it would good to have a first hand answer to this.

There are no e-gates at fast-track (which I always use with Thai Elite) so I've never had the chance to try the e-gates on departure.

Surely there are some posters who have by now ... 

It'd probably be quicker than fast-track anyway, but the delay would exist going through security rather than immigration itself.

Those with re-entry permits are told not to use the e-gates (for some reason - perhaps it invalidates their extension of stay) - I'd be slightly concerned about re-entering Thailand without a an exit stamp though... but thats just the luddite in me being cautious of change.

Recent experience in this thread...     (link below).

image.png.19376e69f41f6d3aa2c125ec6a528b5a.png

https://aseannow.com/topic/1316296-suvarnabhumi-automated-passport-gates-not-available-for-visa-holders-with-re-entry-permits/page/2/

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

You can go through fast track security and then pass through  the door between the two areas to access the auto gates, but probably little, if anything, to be gained by this.

• Like 1