Immigration System Malfunction Causes Passenger Backlog

snoop1130

Those photos look like immigration normally. Last time I entered, a couple of weeks ago, the queue was down to the concourse. No malfunctions then.

More and more 'no photos' signs going up, though, in an attempt to save face. 

Fortunately, I can use Priority as a permanent resident / BOI company director. 

• Like 1

On 1/25/2024 at 9:30 AM, Lemsta69 said:

I'm pretty sure DOS doesn't run on mainframes.

it doesn't but all the info that they give you if you are at the bank is from DOS.  This has been confirmed by several bank customer service people.  

10 hours ago, AAArdvark said:

it doesn't but all the info that they give you if you are at the bank is from DOS.  This has been confirmed by several bank customer service people.  

DOS is not an enterprise level application, but hey, believe what you want to believe.

On 1/25/2024 at 3:38 AM, flyingtlger said:

This Is Thailand....

When I returned to Melbourne last August there was an hour delay with passport processing for arrivals. No idea why the unusual delay but it happens in countries other than Thailand as well.

On 1/25/2024 at 5:44 AM, sumongkhwai said:

It seems highly unlike that a 15 second discrepancy per passport would result in those lines but, I wasn't there and could be wrong,

1) a 25% increase in processing time is very significant.

2) the automated gates stopped functioning 

3) that means that the number of immigration officers needed to maintain usual speeds is probably about 3 times the usual, but there are not enough processing stations to allow for the IOs required not to mention that it is unlikely that they have that number of IOs doing nothing to deploy.

Did you think before posting the comment?

On 1/25/2024 at 7:53 AM, bamnutsak said:

Based on the two photos in the OP, it looks like this glitch affected both Departing Immigration and Arriving Immigration.

Another black-eye for Thailand's aspirations to hit 40 million this year.

Can just see millions of tourists in the West saying, "We are going to have to cancel that trip to Thailand, I heard there are some queues at the airport!"