Does noise annoy you ?

On 1/25/2024 at 1:53 AM, sirineou said:

Thailand is the wrong country for anyone who doesn't like loud noise . 

I especially love roosters!! Nothing soothes my nerves more,   a loud  shrill ,rooster  , screaming its Cacadodlou doos every 10 seconds all day long. 

I consider roosters to be one of the most obnoxious animals on the entire planet, they're screeching sounds like pain and suffering, it is absolutely horrific.

I would not live anywhere close to a group of roosters even if I was being paid a significant amount of money. They are a plague. 

• Like 2

On 1/25/2024 at 4:32 PM, georgegeorgia said:

Noise is starting to irritate me , is this normal as we age ?

I started to get annoyed by noise in my mid 30s but that was maybe early onset annoyance because I'm living with people who are especially noisy and obnoxious. It's a real pleasure to be around nice quiet white people when I go back home for a couple months a year. :)

59 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

That's besides the point. It's pleasant to enjoy a peaceful morning and listen to birds without some moron kids playing their boom-boom music. Ignoring bad behavior is the reason the problem is so bad here in the first place.

That means you are getting old. Kids started playing loud music in the 1960s.

• Sad 2

Does noise annoy me ?  Is the Pope Catholic?   Noise in Bangkok is off the charts!  Add to  that long lines of traffic jams coming or leaving or just on Sukhumvit.   And it's not just the audible noise.  Everywhere are big walls, any walls screaming with glaring advertisements done in lurid colors and pictures to grab attention.   Night joint bars and some restaurants with volume control of 1 to 10, turned up to 12!   WTF is wrong with these creatures?!    So thanks for asking, under my skin for some time now.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Fortean1 said:

Yep, communications at constant level does degrade hearing.  I worked in communications centers with its alarm bells, high precedence alarms, high speed printers, card punches, and more for 15 years.  Did you work at 7th RRFS at Ramasun Station near Udorn Thani, Thailand?

Never heard of the 7th RRFS Co B. or of ditty boppers, or Hogs, or Duffy's or Skates, or Buddy Effers (05G's), or Tape Apes.  I was never there for 7 months  and I was never with the 8th RRFS, Co B,  or the 330thr RR Co out of Nha Trang, VN, or trained at Ft. Devens!  Why you asking?   You with the KGB?  I was never there!   image.png.d21b21683d4828419e8779e525d64965.png

• Haha 1

The difference is your were with cool people when you were young and the noise was cool and funny. You are around weak people in asia that you don't vibe with so the sound gets interpreted as annoying. It's just sound, what makes it cool or annoying is the filter in your head interpreting the noise.

Edited by JimTripper

2 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

The difference is your were with cool people when you were young and the noise was cool and funny. You are around weak people in asia that you don't vibe with so the sound gets interpreted as annoying. It's just sound, what makes it cool or annoying is the filter in your head interpreting the noise.

Couldn't of said it better myself!👍